> The Opponent Fans Least Expect, Kell Brook
Cshel86
post Dec 3 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 3 2013, 02:41 AM) *
He trying to cash out, that's what I think. The reason why I think he'll lose outside of Mayweather being head and shoulders better then him is because he rushing into this. At first, he was talking about getting some fights and then getting some meaningful fights under his belt at WW, now after 2 shitty performances he thinks he's earned the right to trade leather with Floyd. He said last week that Floyd won't dictate to him but it seems as if he's trying to bully his way into the fight with Floyd. He needs to fade away into oblivion like Guererro

Khan is starting to show that Mosley-type of desperation...and he hasn't had anything close to the career that Shane has had. His idea of cashing out, isn't the Victor Ortiz type of cashing out, but it's more like, "Im not sure how many more fights I'll ever win, so let me wiggle my way into this one, and get what I can". I remember reading an article a few years ago, and he said that he wanted to fight Mayweather, and retire by 28. Looks like he's well on his way....

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 3 2013, 04:50 PM) *
I know I am the only person who thinks there is a possibility of this fight happening, but I would love it, if Floyd picks Bradley. I am not buying the fight if he fights that china chin Khan. It will do nothing for his resume. Floyd made a boat load of money against Saul, i doubt if he is pressed, its not like he owes the IRS 50 million dollars. The long shot would be Thurman (who would give Floyd some issues) or even Garcia. Garcia said he isn't pressing the Floyd fight but we shall see. maybe it could be Devon if he has a great showing. Kell Brooks, like Chi stated, is virtually unknown. That would be like me trying to sell Yoyo Ma to some high schools kids that only listen to Lil Wack, I am sorry Wayne. They have no idea who he is. Kell Brooks, like Cshel stated, would of been in the running but he is Mike Vick, injury prone. I am crossing my fingers that it is Bradley, but we will see.

Both them were as clumsy as toddlers, leading up to the fight that never happened. For that, I hope Porter stretches Devon, and Brook gets his wig pushed back during on of his showcase bouts in the UK. They robbed us of a decent scrap.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 3 2013, 08:19 PM) *
You make an excellent point..the only issue why I probably would be more likely to stay way is because May 3rd is my girl's birthday and she's not an Amir Khan fan. I don't even think she like UK fighters lol....I told her it might be Khan who he fights and she told me no way will she go or allow me to go if he fights Khan, so the odds of me getting to watch it or even attend it is no looking good. And I just gave away my ring side tickets to the Broner-Maidana fight. I ain't fucking with Adrien like that no more after he dissed D. Rose, so I'm going to have to find something else to attend..hopefully I can persuade her to go. I'll have to work my magic

Is this the SAME one you took to Dawson/Hopkins 1, and showed her ass at the Mayweather/Cotto fight??? Yay? Nay? Or did you find a new one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 3 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #22

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 3 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Ahh i forgot about Bradley, I felt like Mayweather would fight him down the line.. Now would actually be the best time, but if HBO and Shotime find a deal, they gonna need to stack that undercard...But idk i dont see mayweather doing buisness with Top Rank unless he is gonna cashout on it. I only see the merger possibility for one fight. If they do the merger more then boxing will get very very interesting.

Bradley is a better opponent than Alexander and Khan. Still think the Martinez fight is bigger, but still big money depending on the undercard.

Mayweather vs Bradley
Canelo vs Cotto
with maybe Broner or Garcia on there too and we gravy

or Imagine
Mayweather vs Bradley
Ward vs JCC
Rigondeaux vs Nonito 2 Card of olympians/ best technicians
throw in Zou shiming just for some asian buys and its a wrap

That's the thing, why does everybody keep saying HBO and Showtime finding a deal? HBO doesn't have any of the fighters on their network under exclusive contracts. This has been proven by Ken Hershman in interviews and other media members have written about it as well. Also Showtime's exec Stephen Espinoza brought this very fact up that he's going to get in touch with Arum about making a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight on Showtime PPV because HBO doesn't have a contract on Pacquiao.

There's honestly no reason why we can't see a Hopkins-Stevenson or a Hopkins-Kovalev or a Mayweather-Pacquiao or a Mayweather-Bradley, or a Quillin-GGG or a Quillin-Martinez. it's just that they don't want to and the promoters in a few of the scenarios don't want to work together. Networks have nothing to do with it

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 3 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Khan is starting to show that Mosley-type of desperation...and he hasn't had anything close to the career that Shane has had. His idea of cashing out, isn't the Victor Ortiz type of cashing out, but it's more like, "Im not sure how many more fights I'll ever win, so let me wiggle my way into this one, and get what I can". I remember reading an article a few years ago, and he said that he wanted to fight Mayweather, and retire by 28. Looks like he's well on his way....

Both them were as clumsy as toddlers, leading up to the fight that never happened. For that, I hope Porter stretches Devon, and Brook gets his wig pushed back during on of his showcase bouts in the UK. They robbed us of a decent scrap.

Is this the SAME one you took to Dawson/Hopkins 1, and showed her ass at the Mayweather/Cotto fight??? Yay? Nay? Or did you find a new one?

Damn you went in on Devon lol. If Porter puts him out the ridicule Devon would get would cripple his career.

Your right, Khan seems to want to be done with it. Not that he's sounding like he wants to quit but his words and his actions are of him being obsessed with Floyd and ready to end it all. He has stated that in the past, as soon as he got a little buzz he kept professing that he wanted a Floyd fight and now he may be on his way to getting it

Yeah, same one, it will be 10yrs in April that we've been together. I'm almost out the game but I still got 4th qtr and OT left at the moment lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 4 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

He should fight Cotto in MSG. Money wise it makes the most sense and it's still a competitive fight. Not to mention, Freddy Roach and Floyd Sr could sell out that fight by themselves. If you thought Roach and Garcia's dust up was entertaining, wait to you get a second dose of Sr calling "Freddy the joke coach Roach" out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 4 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #25

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 3 2013, 05:21 PM) *
@1st bolded, stop bringing this shit up..please. It's NEVER going to happen as long as he's under contract with TR, same as Manny. Floyd even said so the other day. He referenced the fact that Bradley and Pacquiao's contracts are DONE with TR in Dec 2014. We may get these matches for his final 2 farewell bouts in 2015

@2nd bolded, you didn't have to go there

It can happen if Tim leaves the slave master mid next year, also, doesn't Bradley's manager have to sign off on Bradley's fights? Isn't that how Bradley said fuck the Khan fight I want to fight Pac. I think Tim has more control over his career then many Top Rematch fighters do. Bradley can fight on Showtime, he does not have a contract with HBO. So if Arum, wanted to rent Bradley out then I am sure he would. Let's face it, Bradley is not a favorite of Bob Arum. So I can see this happening

Second, I am a big fan of Mike Vick. watched all throughout college and recently seen some games when he was in high school. I hate the fact that he gets injured every fucking year. I honestly believe he would of won a super bowl with the Falcons if his dumb ass didn't get caught with the dog fighting bullshit. I think he and AI are from the same area in Virginia. I draft Vick every year for my fantasy teams, just to let you know.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 4 2013, 03:33 PM
Post #26

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 4 2013, 11:21 AM) *
It can happen if Tim leaves the slave master mid next year, also, doesn't Bradley's manager have to sign off on Bradley's fights? Isn't that how Bradley said fuck the Khan fight I want to fight Pac. I think Tim has more control over his career then many Top Rematch fighters do. Bradley can fight on Showtime, he does not have a contract with HBO. So if Arum, wanted to rent Bradley out then I am sure he would. Let's face it, Bradley is not a favorite of Bob Arum. So I can see this happening

Second, I am a big fan of Mike Vick. watched all throughout college and recently seen some games when he was in high school. I hate the fact that he gets injured every fucking year. I honestly believe he would of won a super bowl with the Falcons if his dumb ass didn't get caught with the dog fighting bullshit. I think he and AI are from the same area in Virginia. I draft Vick every year for my fantasy teams, just to let you know.

He's NOT leaving or going anywhere nd of next year, what's wrong with you fucking people lol. His contract is up in December of 2014. Just like Pacquiao's. If he had control of his career his ass wouldn't have gotten shelved like he did after the Pacquiao fight last year. He in control of his mouth and that's it. And when he blew off the Khan fight he was with a small time promoter. You know damn well Arum and gone let it ride like that. I want to see the fight too but at some point you have to be a realist

Vick will start somewhere else next year, he still got some juice left

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 4 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 4 2013, 03:33 PM) *
He's NOT leaving or going anywhere nd of next year, what's wrong with you fucking people lol. His contract is up in December of 2014. Just like Pacquiao's. If he had control of his career his ass wouldn't have gotten shelved like he did after the Pacquiao fight last year. He in control of his mouth and that's it. And when he blew off the Khan fight he was with a small time promoter. You know damn well Arum and gone let it ride like that. I want to see the fight too but at some point you have to be a realist

Vick will start somewhere else next year, he still got some juice left

That's some nice wishful thinking that ya got going on there sir...

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 4 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #28

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

man fuck mike vick. we gae that fucker 3 years to get his shit together. its nick foles time.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 4 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 4 2013, 05:24 PM) *
man fuck mike vick. we gae that fucker 3 years to get his shit together. its nick foles time.

Lmao you ain't lying, but more like its lesean time

This post has been edited by checkleft: Dec 4 2013, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 4 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #30

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Vick will start next year. Foles sucks when it comes to good defenses. He will find out. He ain't your answer at QB. Vick was actually playing well until he pulled his hamstring. Let's see what Foles does against the Lions D.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:55 PM