IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gannady Golovkin vs Osumanu Adama Feb. 1?
The Original MrF...
post Dec 4 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Who?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 4 2013, 01:36 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2013, 08:14 PM) *
Matthysse was on the right track, as far as what was available. He couldn't pull the trigger when it counted the most though.

Disagree

I can name a few of GGG's past opponents...certainly can't do the same for Gary Russell's past opponents...ANY of them.

Isn't it boring being right all the time? It's a curse

As for the hype train, all aboard...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 4 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

What kills me about boxing nowadays is, great fighters get labeled as "scared" when they don't go up and fight these guys but nobody asks who the fuck they're fighting lol I've heard on numerous occasions that Floyd, Andre, Peter, Sergio and even Chad Dawson were "afraid to fight GGG." If ANY of those fighters fought a guy named Osumanu Adama (I had to copy and paste it) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) , said fighter would be further proof they were "ducking" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pleasantry.gif) So how exactly does fuel continually get added to this hype train (as CShel said) when the guys you're fighting would be other guys "easy way out"?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 4 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 4 2013, 07:31 AM) *
What kills me about boxing nowadays is, great fighters get labeled as "scared" when they don't go up and fight these guys but nobody asks who the fuck they're fighting lol I've heard on numerous occasions that Floyd, Andre, Peter, Sergio and even Chad Dawson were "afraid to fight GGG." If ANY of those fighters fought a guy named Osumanu Adama (I had to copy and paste it) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) , said fighter would be further proof they were "ducking" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pleasantry.gif) So how exactly does fuel continually get added to this hype train (as CShel said) when the guys you're fighting would be other guys "easy way out"?

The media picks their heroes. GGG is the fan favorite, the great white hope (see the nut hugging of Johnnie Manziel). GGG is everything they want in a boxer. he looks the part. He can go on and fight bums for the next three years and no one will say a word. Mayweather ducked Margarito, P Williams (there is an argument with that) a prime Cotto, and of course Manny Pac. But, on the same coin, Manny Pac never avoided fighting stiff competition, see Brandon Rios! he is a hard puncher.

GGG reminds me of Mattyhsse, a knock out master against those who he should knock out (wasn't expecting him to beat Lamont Peterson) the people he fights, the same with GGG. HBO loves him and that will be all he needs. Look what the HBO hype did for Donaire.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Dec 4 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #15

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 4 2013, 12:28 PM) *
The media picks their heroes. GGG is the fan favorite, the great white hope (see the nut hugging of Johnnie Manziel). GGG is everything they want in a boxer. he looks the part. He can go on and fight bums for the next three years and no one will say a word. Mayweather ducked Margarito, P Williams (there is an argument with that) a prime Cotto, and of course Manny Pac. But, on the same coin, Manny Pac never avoided fighting stiff competition, see Brandon Rios! he is a hard puncher.

GGG reminds me of Mattyhsse, a knock out master against those who he should knock out (wasn't expecting him to beat Lamont Peterson) the people he fights, the same with GGG. HBO loves him and that will be all he needs. Look what the HBO hype did for Donaire.

Bad analogy...media kills Manziels with all his "off the field issues"...and like it or not the guy plays good football and has beaten some great teams.

GGGs last two fights were exactly "bums".

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 4 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 4 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Bad analogy...media kills Manziels with all his "off the field issues"...and like it or not the guy plays good football and has beaten some great teams.

Spot on w/manziel

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 5 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 4 2013, 08:04 PM) *

What? Like who the fuck gets thrown out of the Manning's QB camp, them dudes is laid back. And why would you go to a rival school's frat party like they like you. Dude is an accident waiting to happen, and with all that they still bill him as some future great NFL QB whose going to shatter records. Manziel is over hyped

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 5 2013, 03:52 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 12:00 AM) *
What? Like who the fuck gets thrown out of the Manning's QB camp, them dudes is laid back. And why would you go to a rival school's frat party like they like you. Dude is an accident waiting to happen, and with all that they still bill him as some future great NFL QB whose going to shatter records. Manziel is over hyped

The media hates manziel, he's in there with the mark sanchez of the world.. every little thing gets scrutinized and made into a big story. I swear I saw a story the other day about sanchez getting corn rows or dreads or Idk Wtf.

The kid wins football games, get off his back. This is kind of the double standard for white athletes, if it was a Latino or black athlete going out and partying and shit we would hear crickets... Because we like to fucking party! But since its johnny football it turns into a shitstorm. Come on now, guys in college. He wants to have fun to

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 5 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

so whose he meant to fight that will fight him...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 5 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 02:52 AM) *
The media hates manziel, he's in there with the mark sanchez of the world.. every little thing gets scrutinized and made into a big story. I swear I saw a story the other day about sanchez getting corn rows or dreads or Idk Wtf.

The kid wins football games, get off his back. This is kind of the double standard for white athletes, if it was a Latino or black athlete going out and partying and shit we would hear crickets... Because we like to fucking party! But since its johnny football it turns into a shitstorm. Come on now, guys in college. He wants to have fun to

It is a double standard but he's a stupid kid. Imo he's a white Broner. When a white person is scrutinized in the media it's get off their back when it's a minority it's justified and it's funny. His own family says he's a train wreck, that ain't blown out of proportion. Taking money for autographs. At least have some tact. If you don't want shit don't get caught. RIP to Malcolm X, he said it would be like this. The white washing of our society is nearly complete lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:59 AM