Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garcia vs Gamboa, who r u picking?
klonopinz
post Dec 3 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

if this fight goes down, i got mikey garcia whoopin that ass.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 3 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Gamboa was nice, Garcia is nice! Gamboa is too chiney for mikey and I honestly. don't know if he has enough heart to rise from those heavy handed knockdowns .

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post Dec 3 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

Garcia via a TKO in 7. Gamboa hasn't looked good in a long time. He has fast hands, but his chin is suspect. Expect him to make it interesting for 2-3 rounds before Garcia drops him early and often before the ref stops the fight. 50 cents talking trash that Gamboa may not be able to back up. We'll see how it plays out, if they ever fight.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 3 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Gamboa has very bad habits and gets hit with a lot of shit he shouldn't be caught with. Garcia takes him out quickly.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 3 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Gotta give this one to Gamboa. Mikey is strong and accurate, but not quick enough to clock Gamboa. NOW...if an exchange occurs, then we'll see Gamboa go down, but on the outside, Yuri has this one...hands down.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 4 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I think Mikey beats him but Gamboa does have some skill and enough of it to make this one interesting....that meme 50 put out was funny though, Garcia should want to whoop Gamoba's ass for that alone lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 4 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think its competitive until Garcia lands 1 clean punch on gamboa, than its lights out.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 4 2013, 03:08 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i think the reason we've seen gamboa clowning in the ring is because of his level of competition, he knows these guys cant touch him. the Garcia fight though, i think gamboa takes this fight dead serious and doesnt play around, but even then, mikey is just too smart for gamboa IMO. I think thats the difference, and at the higher weight class, i think mikey can take a better punch because he wont be drained to make weight.

edit: Is it just me or does gamboa look HUGE now? he looks like a mini tyson, has he ben packing on the muscle or what?

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Dec 4 2013, 03:09 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 4 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 4 2013, 02:08 AM) *
i think the reason we've seen gamboa clowning in the ring is because of his level of competition, he knows these guys cant touch him. the Garcia fight though, i think gamboa takes this fight dead serious and doesnt play around, but even then, mikey is just too smart for gamboa IMO. I think thats the difference, and at the higher weight class, i think mikey can take a better punch because he wont be drained to make weight.

edit: Is it just me or does gamboa look HUGE now? he looks like a mini tyson, has he ben packing on the muscle or what?

That's what PED's will do for ya. Remember he was the lone boxer outed in the Biogenesis scandal and the guy, Tony Bosch said he has more names and that some of them are well known fighters.

Damn shame too, it's not like he wasn't highly skilled already. Now his career has an asterisk next to it like Evan Fields, oops I meant Evander Holyfield, Shane Mosley, RJJ and others

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 4 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think Mikey wins this one despite an early scare. I just think, while Gamboa has even better physical tools, Mikey is far more poised and intelligent. I see Gamboa giving Mikey problems early but Mikey bein able to weather the initial storm to take Gamboa out. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gamboa won though. I don't think this one goes the distance either way.

PS If Gamboa loses badly, maybe we get to see that Lopez/Gamboa fight finally (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Franchize: Dec 4 2013, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 12:27 AM