> I Hate to say i told ya so... wait..? no i dont, Arum Wants Pac vs Ruslan
mrchitown
post Dec 5 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 07:07 PM) *
Well I mean who else is he suppose to fight?? These are the best fighters TR has

he said he talked to ruslan in the link I posted and ruslan said he wanted it. And it def. Won't pull those Floyd numbers but it might do around the Rios amount, especially if Russian support shows up because it will probably be in Asia

That's where you fucked up at, he said....since when do we trust Arum now lol

http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/par/img/editorial/du....1363971225.jpg

Lmao

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Dec 5 2013, 09:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 5 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

HBO just shitted on em..said the PPV did 475k...daaaamn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Now if he flopped like that, what a fight with Ruslan does is beyond me. Dude got money troubles and you going throw him in with another dude who the public don't know....I see a few scenarios and they all involve Marquez, Pacquiao, and Bradley

He could go ahead and produce the flop heard round the world with Manny and Ruslan, and then in the fall match Pacquiao against Bradley or Marquez. Or he could make Pacquiao-Bradley 2 and put JMM-Provodnikov on the undercard and then to end the year have the coveted 5th fight between Marquez and Manny...or he could put Manny in with Marquez now and have Ruslan fight Rios on the undercard and then do the rematch with Bradley at the end of the year

Bottom line, Pacquiao and Bradley's contracts are complete at the end of 2014, Arum is known to give his fighters a treat in order to get them to sign an extension and then go back to his old ways of doing things. He even did that with JCC Jr, he wouldn't put him in a fight until he agreed to sign an extension. I'm going out on a limb and saying he loses these 2 and we will see them cross the line over to GB in 2015. Either way, he's going to have to keep these 2 happy, I don't see what Ruslan does for a poor man's pockets coming off a flop

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 6 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 11:09 PM) *
HBO just shitted on em..said the PPV did 475k...daaaamn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Now if he flopped like that, what a fight with Ruslan does is beyond me. Dude got money troubles and you going throw him in with another dude who the public don't know....I see a few scenarios and they all involve Marquez, Pacquiao, and Bradley

He could go ahead and produce the flop heard round the world with Manny and Ruslan, and then in the fall match Pacquiao against Bradley or Marquez. Or he could make Pacquiao-Bradley 2 and put JMM-Provodnikov on the undercard and then to end the year have the coveted 5th fight between Marquez and Manny...or he could put Manny in with Marquez now and have Ruslan fight Rios on the undercard and then do the rematch with Bradley at the end of the year

Bottom line, Pacquiao and Bradley's contracts are complete at the end of 2014, Arum is known to give his fighters a treat in order to get them to sign an extension and then go back to his old ways of doing things. He even did that with JCC Jr, he wouldn't put him in a fight until he agreed to sign an extension. I'm going out on a limb and saying he loses these 2 and we will see them cross the line over to GB in 2015. Either way, he's going to have to keep these 2 happy, I don't see what Ruslan does for a poor man's pockets coming off a flop

Yep...til the 11th month of 2014, then comes the bullshit...that extension (as you mentioned). Ruslan can knock out a guy with poor man's pockets, coming off of a flop. The minute that Manny feels that he needs to "impress", is the moment that he'll be planking on the canvas again.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 6 2013, 12:19 AM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Well I mean who else is he suppose to fight?? These are the best fighters TR has

I'm just calling a spade a spade. Bradley or Marquez are the only other PPV main event quality opponents availible for Manny. Why Provodnikov or Alverado is a consideration after the Rios debacle is beyond me. If Arum is gonna throw Manny/Bradley/Marquez in there with the likes of Provodnikov/Rios/Alvarado then make it be on Boxing After Dark because those fights won't sell.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 6 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 6 2013, 12:19 AM) *
I'm just calling a spade a spade. Bradley or Marquez are the only other PPV main event quality opponents availible for Manny. Why Provodnikov or Alverado is a consideration after the Rios debacle is beyond me. If Arum is gonna throw Manny/Bradley/Marquez in there with the likes of Provodnikov/Rios/Alvarado then make it be on Boxing After Dark because those fights won't sell.

The only fight I MIGHT pay for is Bradley vs pac. But I don't buy TR ppvs regardless

Even at 3 to 500k the sales are better than most ppvs. And still generates money

I fully agree with the BAD thing. But I would want to see these fights regardless

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 6 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 6 2013, 12:55 AM) *
The only fight I MIGHT pay for is Bradley vs pac. But I don't buy TR ppvs regardless

Even at 3 to 475k the sales are better than most ppvs. And still generates money

I fully agree with the BAD thing. But I would want to see these fights regardless

Fixed that for ya, for somebody who claims to be right all the time, you sure get shit wrong a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/manny...00764--box.html

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Dec 6 2013, 09:33 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 6 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2013, 11:15 PM) *
Yep...til the 11th month of 2014, then comes the bullshit...that extension (as you mentioned). Ruslan can knock out a guy with poor man's pockets, coming off of a flop. The minute that Manny feels that he needs to "impress", is the moment that he'll be planking on the canvas again.

He's going to have to cater to Tim and Manny in 2014, you've said ti yourself time and time again how he likes to operate at then end of a fighter's contract and I'd expect nothing different to happen in this instance. That's why I can see the theory Check is talking about in the first half of 2014, you match him with Ruslan and put Bradley in with Rios and then put them two in against each other at the end of the year and make them sign extensions. But putting him in with Ruslan could be trouble because if he puts Manny to sleep. Then he's out of the bigger picture and it will be difficult to get him back in it

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 6 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Pac vs Bradley is the only fight out there if Marquez refuses a 5th fight. I think that will be the fight Arum makes in the summer of 2014. Arum will NOT give us a good undercard. He never does. That's just the way Bob does business. He will save his money and give a crap undercard and probably ask $70 for the PPV event. He knows he won't hit big numbers, but he still probably makes money because of the high price and low undercard cost.

MAJOR props to GBP for giving us good undercard fights. They have a much better/deeper stable of fighters, but at the same time they are willing to send them in with each other.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 6 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 6 2013, 09:23 AM) *
Fixed that for ya, for somebody who claims to be right all the time, you sure get shit wrong a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/manny...00764--box.html

Unlike lupe fiasco, I try to dumb it down around you chi so you can keep up bra, I think Cshels can attest to this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/taunt.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 6 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

475k damn! Marquez 5,6,7,8,9 and Bradley 2,3,4,5

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 07:44 AM