Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eris Landy Lara
Marcus
post Dec 8 2013, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

Everyone at 154 needs to stay as far from Lara as possible. I think he'd beat everyone. He's just as capable of beating Floyd as Floyd's capable of beating him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 8 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Lara is a nightmare for anyone.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Dec 8 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Lara's a great counter puncher but he needs the right type of fighter in front of him to make the fight exciting.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 8 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 8 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Lara's a great counter puncher but he needs the right type of fighter in front of him to make the fight exciting.

Angulo was smashing on lara before he decided to quit the fight. Lara got dropped twice and pounded on in every round. He did to trout exactly what canelo did to trout, so a fight between them should be next since cotto is tied up. lara used to be canelo's mandatory back when he had a draw with martirosyan, so they got unfinished business. Lara absolutely humiliated paul williams, and for almost anyone that has seen the fight, they would never consideer that a loss for lara, so most of us view him as undefeated.

As far as mayweather is concerned tho, he had a draw with vanes, who sucks. angulo was beating on him in their fight, and that was by no means an easy win for him. the trout win, to me, is more the fact that i think we can finally say that trout was never really that good, and that his cotto win was more about cotto sucking than trout being good, because trout just got smashed two in a row, in the same way. So if he is having issues with these boys, how the hell will he touch mayweather...i think a fight with newly crowned wbo super welter demetrius andrade is also a good fight for him. carlos molina is also ripe pickings for lara. i wanna see him fight canelo tho, because ive seen lara talk so much shit about canelo, so i know it would make for an exciting fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 8 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 8 2013, 02:07 PM) *
Angulo was smashing on lara before he decided to quit the fight. Lara got dropped twice and pounded on in every round. He did to trout exactly what canelo did to trout, so a fight between them should be next since cotto is tied up. lara used to be canelo's mandatory back when he had a draw with martirosyan, so they got unfinished business. Lara absolutely humiliated paul williams, and for almost anyone that has seen the fight, they would never consideer that a loss for lara, so most of us view him as undefeated.

As far as mayweather is concerned tho, he had a draw with vanes, who sucks. angulo was beating on him in their fight, and that was by no means an easy win for him. the trout win, to me, is more the fact that i think we can finally say that trout was never really that good, and that his cotto win was more about cotto sucking than trout being good, because trout just got smashed two in a row, in the same way. So if he is having issues with these boys, how the hell will he touch mayweather...i think a fight with newly crowned wbo super welter demetrius andrade is also a good fight for him. carlos molina is also ripe pickings for lara. i wanna see him fight canelo tho, because ive seen lara talk so much shit about canelo, so i know it would make for an exciting fight.

Lara was winning that fight easy against Angulo, outside of the knockdowns Alfredo didn't do shit

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 8 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Lara is a beast. I think his real issue seems to be one of inspiration. He looks like he gets up for some fights and not for others. He was clearly into this fight as it seems he's not a fan of Trout. But against Vanes he just seemed to be going through the motions. He impressed me against Angulo got dropped twice and got up and proceeded to tag him. He didn't run. Lara, to a degree, was giving Angulo every opportunity to win by fighting his fight and Angulo couldn't do it. Notice no one's beating down his door for a rematch or to fight him. That should tell us all something about his skill. He's a threat to anyone in his weight class. It's not a matter of if but a matter of when he'll become a world champion

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 8 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 8 2013, 03:07 PM) *

Angulo quit?... My bad, I thought Lara broke his orbital bone. If what you're saying is that the fight between Lara was competitive than I agree. Angulo applied pressure - dirty pressure - but pressure nonetheless. He had some success but I think it was more so Lara fighting dumb than angulo being successful. Lara just stood on the ropes and absorbed punishment. That's not his style. He should've moved.

I understand what you're saying but styles make fights. I don't think Lara's past failures dictate how he'd do against Floyd. Of course Floyd is undoubtedly the king of the ring as of now and I'm not saying Lara would beat him, however I'm not quick to say that Lara would lose either. Let's remember Lara is bigger and more powerful than Floyd. And just like Gloyd he's a pure pugilist. Whose the better pugilist would be the question if they fought because the both have the same tools as far as boxing is concerned. And I actually see The old Floyd that used to move ALOT in Lara. As far as Canelos concerned I think he'd get embarrassed. Canelo can box but he's to stationary. Lara loves to move. That's Canelo's kryptonite. Lara is also to fast/elusive for
Canelo. That fight won't happen anytime soon. Golden boy won't shoot themselves in the foot. If the Canelo fight doesn't happen I think Lara Andrade would be nice because Andrade has power. To me no body can stop Lara at 154 right now.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 9 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

they'll run from him

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 17 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 8 2013, 03:07 PM) *

I was at that fight surrounded by latinos and backing angulo and I thought Lara was ahead. Angulo was smashing no one, it was a very competitive fight but angulo was eating straight bombs the whole night and it ended up being the deciding factor. The guy has 0 head movement
A rematch would be welcome

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 19 2013, 07:04 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 17 2013, 02:29 AM) *
I was at that fight surrounded by latinos and backing angulo and I thought Lara was ahead. Angulo was smashing no one, it was a very competitive fight but angulo was eating straight bombs the whole night and it ended up being the deciding factor. The guy has 0 head movement
A rematch would be welcome

Angulo looked like Margarito in the Pacquiao fight. he was just taking ungodly punishment and still coming forward. he occassionally popped Lara with something he didnt see because he would get careless. Never saw Lara that careless before. In fact i think that because he was having his way with Angulo, he let his defense slide to some degree. He was bludgeoning Angulo with everything he had, yet El Perro kept coming until the pain overcame his desire to win. It was a good fight, but Lara had his way with Angulo. if it had not been for the 2 knockdowns, the fight wasnt all that close to me.

Why isnt Lara mentioned in the Mayweather sweepstakes? I'd like to see that fight more than a Mayweather/Khan fight. If Lara gets the Canelo fight and wins, like I think he would. Then Why not September for Mayweather/Lara?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:46 PM