IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Am I the Only One That's Tired of Marquez???
Cshel86
post Dec 10 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Seriously, dude is one of the best Mexican fighters in the history of the sport, can't dispute that. On the other hand, this guy can be a real thumb-sucking ball sack when he loses a fight. Gladly, he wasn't all that known when he lost to Chris John, but all of those Pac fights (which could be understood) is what spearheaded his crybaby tendencies.

Nowadays, you cant tell if it's promotion (wanting more money for his next fight), or he's really this sour. He whined really hard after the 3rd Pac fight and threatened retirement. He also cried about not wanting to fight a 4th fight, but at the same time, he was asking for more money. Which one is it, do you wanna fight or not?

This "give me a Bradley rematch, or I'll retire" BS is getting old. Let's be honest, JMM/Bradley wasn't that great of a fight, and the only soul that wants a rematch, is Marquez himself. I cant even say that he won more than 3 rounds (if he won that many), and he's so convinced that it was a close fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
un01
post Dec 10 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,229

The Pac fights aren't really that controversial. The third fight was the only one that was a highway robbery. Since they were close fights, I gave Marquez the benefit of the doubt and gave him a pass, but I really don't understand how he thinks he won the Bradley fight. I had it a shutout. Bradley shut his ass down and had Marquez looking like his age. Idk how much more of a clear victory you need to not have Marquez bitch. Maybe I need to revisit his fight with Floyd. That's the only L he doesn't bitch about. Floyd must have been doing something incredible to not have Marquez bitch.

This post has been edited by un01: Dec 10 2013, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (un01 @ Dec 10 2013, 10:43 AM) *
The Pac fights aren't really that controversial. The third fight was the only one that was a highway robbery. Since they were close fights, I gave Marquez the benefit of the doubt and gave him a pass, but I really don't understand how he thinks he won the Bradley fight. I had it a shutout. Bradley shut his ass down and had Marquez looking like his age. Idk how much more of a clear victory you need to not have Marquez bitch. Maybe I need to revisit his fight with Floyd. That's the only L he doesn't bitch about. Floyd must have been doing something incredible to not have Marquez bitch.

The first three Pacquiao-Marquez fights were all too close to be a robbery for any of them. I thought Pacquiao controlled the most in fight #1 for a solid win. Those huge first round knockdowns too big for Marquez to overcome.

Second fight for Marquez by no more than 1-2 points.

Third fight, Marquez by a point.

Marquez in my view has a close 3-1 lead in the series.

Pacquiao-Marquez I, II, and III. Is the Ali-Norton series, Holmes-Norton, or the Leonard-Hagler fight. You are going to get 50/50 splits on who won because those fights generated those kinds of outcomes.

A question than becomes, does Marquez need Pacquiao in order to have close fights every time out? Is Marquez' main ability that he is always able to make Pacquiao look ordinary?. And in contrast Pacquiao making Marquez to be this much better fighter than he is against other opposition? Pacquiao brings out the greatness in Marquez, where as with other fights and fighters, Marquez can be good to very good, but can still be shut-out by the best boxers. and can look bad For example, Mayweather.

Marquez-Bradley a shutout? WOW! I know I had Tim winning, but in the dominating way indicated above.

Jack

+Quote Post
un01
post Dec 11 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #4

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,229

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 02:53 PM) *
The first three Pacquiao-Marquez fights were all too close to be a robbery for any of them. I thought Pacquiao controlled the most in fight #1 for a solid win. Those huge first round knockdowns too big for Marquez to overcome.

Second fight for Marquez by no more than 1-2 points.

Third fight, Marquez by a point.

Marquez in my view has a close 3-1 lead in the series.

Pacquiao-Marquez I, II, and III. Is the Ali-Norton series, Holmes-Norton, or the Leonard-Hagler fight. You are going to get 50/50 splits on who won because those fights generated those kinds of outcomes.

A question than becomes, does Marquez need Pacquiao in order to have close fights every time out? Is Marquez' main ability that he is always able to make Pacquiao look ordinary?. And in contrast Pacquiao making Marquez to be this much better fighter than he is against other opposition? Pacquiao brings out the greatness in Marquez, where as with other fights and fighters, Marquez can be good to very good, but can still be shut-out by the best boxers. and can look bad For example, Mayweather.

Marquez-Bradley a shutout? WOW! I know I had Tim winning, but in the dominating way indicated above.

Jack

The first two fights were the most competitive in the rivalry. I had Pac winning the first fight. Marquez could of came back from the 10-6 round, but then he started exchanging with Manny too much towards the end and gave a few rounds away. The second fight was the toughest to score. I had Marquez edging out towards the end, but there were a lot of toss up rounds in that fight that could have gone either way, so I'm not mad at Pac taking the fight.

The third fight wasn't really that competitive to me. I can't give the judges a pass on that fight. Marquez had too many clear and definitive rounds for him not to get the the decision. Pac looked overwhelmed and underprepared. Pac thought he was gonna steamroll through Marquez because of his big wins, but ended up being completely outclassed in that fight.

As for the Marquez vs Bradley fight, I honestly couldn't give Marquez any rounds. Bradley controlled and dictated the entire fight. Marquez couldn't sit back in the pocket and had to come forward and be the aggressor which takes Marquez completely out of his element and has him looking slow and 40.

This post has been edited by un01: Dec 11 2013, 12:48 AM

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Cshel86   Am I the Only One That's Tired of Marquez???   Dec 10 2013, 09:50 AM
- - AZWildCat   He was outclassed in that fight nts to see it agai...   Dec 10 2013, 10:26 AM
- - Dolimite   I think Juan wants to be fully respected. I do not...   Dec 10 2013, 10:50 AM
- - un01   The Pac fights aren't really that controversia...   Dec 10 2013, 11:43 AM
|- - Jack 1000   QUOTE (un01 @ Dec 10 2013, 10:43 AM) The ...   Dec 10 2013, 02:53 PM
|- - un01   QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 02:53 PM)...   Dec 11 2013, 12:45 AM
- - DigitalBoom   Should've retired after the knockout...this sh...   Dec 10 2013, 01:14 PM
- - sduck   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2013, 10:50 AM) S...   Dec 10 2013, 01:22 PM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 10 2013, 01:22 PM) I d...   Dec 11 2013, 09:48 AM
- - Dolimite   QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 10 2013, 11:22 AM) I d...   Dec 10 2013, 01:25 PM
- - mgrover   jeez this guy again, I swear it wouldn't be ha...   Dec 10 2013, 01:59 PM
- - Franchize   His career is starting to lie in the lush pastures...   Dec 10 2013, 02:07 PM
- - DigitalBoom   QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2013, 02:59 PM) j...   Dec 10 2013, 03:48 PM
- - mrchitown   Marquez needs to fade to black..I can write a book...   Dec 10 2013, 06:38 PM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2013, 01:59 PM) j...   Dec 11 2013, 09:45 AM
- - mrchitown   Marquez is an idiot. He don't know what he wan...   Dec 12 2013, 01:47 AM
- - Cshel86   WhatGotta love this "$15M" that I...   Dec 22 2013, 10:55 PM
- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2013, 09:50 AM) S...   Dec 23 2013, 01:37 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:22 AM