IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I the Only One That's Tired of Marquez???
Cshel86
post Dec 10 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Seriously, dude is one of the best Mexican fighters in the history of the sport, can't dispute that. On the other hand, this guy can be a real thumb-sucking ball sack when he loses a fight. Gladly, he wasn't all that known when he lost to Chris John, but all of those Pac fights (which could be understood) is what spearheaded his crybaby tendencies.

Nowadays, you cant tell if it's promotion (wanting more money for his next fight), or he's really this sour. He whined really hard after the 3rd Pac fight and threatened retirement. He also cried about not wanting to fight a 4th fight, but at the same time, he was asking for more money. Which one is it, do you wanna fight or not?

This "give me a Bradley rematch, or I'll retire" BS is getting old. Let's be honest, JMM/Bradley wasn't that great of a fight, and the only soul that wants a rematch, is Marquez himself. I cant even say that he won more than 3 rounds (if he won that many), and he's so convinced that it was a close fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 10 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

He was outclassed in that fight nts to see it again but him. if he wants it that bad go out ...nah I don't Cate who he beats Bradley Will do it to him again ...maybe worse

retire and enjoy your life your days of elite fighting are over.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 10 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I think Juan wants to be fully respected. I do not think people respect like he should be. The Bradley fight could of gone either way. He should look at the Pac knock out and feel great about that. He will always be remembered for it. Some people can't enjoy a victory. He should hang them up. I like Juan, but he is old and he needs to retire. He's a good guy. I'm tired of Juan just displeased with his antics.

+Quote Post
un01
post Dec 10 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

The Pac fights aren't really that controversial. The third fight was the only one that was a highway robbery. Since they were close fights, I gave Marquez the benefit of the doubt and gave him a pass, but I really don't understand how he thinks he won the Bradley fight. I had it a shutout. Bradley shut his ass down and had Marquez looking like his age. Idk how much more of a clear victory you need to not have Marquez bitch. Maybe I need to revisit his fight with Floyd. That's the only L he doesn't bitch about. Floyd must have been doing something incredible to not have Marquez bitch.

This post has been edited by un01: Dec 10 2013, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Dec 10 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #5

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Should've retired after the knockout...this shhh here ain't helping him not one bit.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 10 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2013, 10:50 AM) *
Seriously, dude is one of the best Mexican fighters in the history of the sport, can't dispute that. On the other hand, this guy can be a real thumb-sucking ball sack when he loses a fight. Gladly, he wasn't all that known when he lost to Chris John, but all of those Pac fights (which could be understood) is what spearheaded his crybaby tendencies.

Nowadays, you cant tell if it's promotion (wanting more money for his next fight), or he's really this sour. He whined really hard after the 3rd Pac fight and threatened retirement. He also cried about not wanting to fight a 4th fight, but at the same time, he was asking for more money. Which one is it, do you wanna fight or not?

This "give me a Bradley rematch, or I'll retire" BS is getting old. Let's be honest, JMM/Bradley wasn't that great of a fight, and the only soul that wants a rematch, is Marquez himself. I cant even say that he won more than 3 rounds (if he won that many), and he's so convinced that it was a close fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

I disagree with that, maybe to the casual fans it wasn't, but it was one hell of a fight imo, great technical aspect for the sport.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 10 2013, 11:50 AM) *
I think Juan wants to be fully respected. I do not think people respect like he should be. The Bradley fight could of gone either way. He should look at the Pac knock out and feel great about that. He will always be remembered for it. Some people can't enjoy a victory. He should hang them up. I like Juan, but he is old and he needs to retire. He's a good guy. I'm tired of Juan just displeased with his antics.

Nah, Bradley clearly won the fight. I'm not even a Bradley fan, and I saw that.

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Dec 10 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Should've retired after the knockout...this shhh here ain't helping him not one bit.

Agreed

QUOTE (un01 @ Dec 10 2013, 12:43 PM) *
The Pac fights aren't really that controversial. The third fight was the only one that was a highway robbery. Since they were close fights, I gave Marquez the benefit of the doubt and gave him a pass, but I really don't understand how he thinks he won the Bradley fight. I had it a shutout. Bradley shut his ass down and had Marquez looking like his age. Idk how much more of a clear victory you need to not have Marquez bitch. Maybe I need to revisit his fight with Floyd. That's the only L he doesn't bitch about. Floyd must have been doing something incredible to not have Marquez bitch.

lol, I thought he won all three fights, the second one being most decisive, the third one was actually the closest imo.

He goes back and forth on Floyd. He says Floyd is the #1, and intelligent, yadda, and then goes back and says he doesn't fight all he does is run. I think it's best Marquez doesn't speak for himself.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 10 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #7

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 10 2013, 11:22 AM) *
I disagree with that, maybe to the casual fans it wasn't, but it was one hell of a fight imo, great technical aspect for the sport.

Nah, Bradley clearly won the fight. I'm not even a Bradley fan, and I saw that.

Agreed

lol, I thought he won all three fights, the second one being most decisive, the third one was actually the closest imo.

He goes back and forth on Floyd. He says Floyd is the #1, and intelligent, yadda, and then goes back and says he doesn't fight all he does is run. I think it's best Marquez doesn't speak for himself.

I thought the Bradley fight was close. Juan lost it in the mid to late rounds. He was looking for the KO shot and it never came. If he would of had a game plan he would of won. I am a Bradley fan and he did his job, Juan needs to retire and be done with it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 10 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

jeez this guy again, I swear it wouldn't be hard to get him to fight Pac again, a bit of trash talking about a lucky punch and he'll lace them up again. Insecure as fuck.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 10 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

His career is starting to lie in the lush pastures between the late great Joe Frazier and Antonio Tarver. His legacy is going to be remembered by beating one guy if he keeps it up. I agree with CShel. I'm all for tactical bouts but Bradley/Marquez was boring to me. I said it would be boring before hand and I woke up with not one yoke of egg on my face. Marquez is a Hall of Famer but I'm not sure who I want to see him fight anymore. Just hang em up before the casual fans start to tarnish your legacy.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #10

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (un01 @ Dec 10 2013, 10:43 AM) *

The first three Pacquiao-Marquez fights were all too close to be a robbery for any of them. I thought Pacquiao controlled the most in fight #1 for a solid win. Those huge first round knockdowns too big for Marquez to overcome.

Second fight for Marquez by no more than 1-2 points.

Third fight, Marquez by a point.

Marquez in my view has a close 3-1 lead in the series.

Pacquiao-Marquez I, II, and III. Is the Ali-Norton series, Holmes-Norton, or the Leonard-Hagler fight. You are going to get 50/50 splits on who won because those fights generated those kinds of outcomes.

A question than becomes, does Marquez need Pacquiao in order to have close fights every time out? Is Marquez' main ability that he is always able to make Pacquiao look ordinary?. And in contrast Pacquiao making Marquez to be this much better fighter than he is against other opposition? Pacquiao brings out the greatness in Marquez, where as with other fights and fighters, Marquez can be good to very good, but can still be shut-out by the best boxers. and can look bad For example, Mayweather.

Marquez-Bradley a shutout? WOW! I know I had Tim winning, but in the dominating way indicated above.

Jack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:55 PM