IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WBC rankings: bullshit no?-Pacquiao #1 contender for Mayweather, Bob had to grease some hands
Dolimite
post Dec 10 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I read the article on the front page about the WBC ranking Manny P the number 1 ranked ww. I thought it was a mistake so I went to another website to make sure Fighthype wasn't mistaken. They weren't. How do you lose to straight fights, come back a year later fight an unranked WW who just lost to an B fighter, look sub par in that fight only to become the number 1 ranked ww for the WBC TITLE! So now Manny is May's mandatory. Something is rotten in the land of denmark! Bob had to pay someone off for this shit to happen. Can someone explain this? I'm not hating on Manny, but this is beyond unfair and undeserved.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Dec 10 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

I would say he is more deserving than Amir Khan tho lol.

Regardless...its WBC...they are fucking morons.

I remember when WBC had Khan ranked #1 WW when he never has yet to fight at WW lol

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Dec 10 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 10 2013, 01:59 PM) *

I remember when WBC had Khan ranked #1 WW when he never has yet to fight at WW lol

Preach, I can live with the Pacquaio at #1 ranking considering they gave it to Amir recently for doing literally nothing at all...when you see a guy getting it for doing nothing you don't mind as much.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 10 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Ya see, Gayweather is just scared, cuz he knows Pacquiao still beats him. Pacquiao will surround him with punches, and knock him the f out. If only Punany Boy wasn't so scared!

Pactard rant ~

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 10 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 10 2013, 10:59 AM) *

Again, it is a shit fight and I do not for one second condone it. Khan is a better fighter than Rios, but still, they are in the same boat. Khan is a glorified B fighter. and you are right.

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 10 2013, 11:14 AM) *
Ya see, Gayweather is just scared, cuz he knows Pacquiao still beats him. Pacquiao will surround him with punches, and knock him the f out. If only Punany Boy wasn't so scared!

Pactard rant ~

That is what they have been saying and if he doesn't fight Khan he will be ducking him

WBC should be fined for this bullshit. They really should.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The WBC wants the sanctioning fee, which would be huge. Nothing has made the fight closer to reality. I wish people like Max Kellerman would stop mentioning Mayweather-Pacquiao like it's still a big fight of major interest, it's not. Pacquiao is still a huge draw, popularity-wise and the WBC probably heard of all of his help and charity work with the Typhoon disaster in the Philippians. HBO won't let go of the fight. The public won't let go of the fight or give Mayweather-Pacquaio the nail in the coffin it should have, Arum has to keep beating the drums for it. And you have HBO shaking the pom-pom's for Arums fighters, who deserve just as much blame as the WBC for making Manny Pacquiao #1 over beating Brandon Rios. Big deal.

Floyd will either give up the belt. He doesn't need belts or Manny anymore. The real question is, who should be #1 for Floyd? He's just too far ahead of any serious competition for any contendership. I will say one thing. Manny as a #1 contender is at least better than no-chin, over-hyped Brit Khan who really is a CON for Mayweather.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 10 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The WBC should be disbanded.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 10 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 10 2013, 11:46 AM) *
I read the article on the front page about the WBC ranking Manny P the number 1 ranked ww. I thought it was a mistake so I went to another website to make sure Fighthype wasn't mistaken. They weren't. How do you lose to straight fights, come back a year later fight an unranked WW who just lost to an B fighter, look sub par in that fight only to become the number 1 ranked ww for the WBC TITLE! So now Manny is May's mandatory. Something is rotten in the land of denmark! Bob had to pay someone off for this shit to happen. Can someone explain this? I'm not hating on Manny, but this is beyond unfair and undeserved.

I think you're giving Mike Alvarado too much credit lol I wouldn't even call him a B fighter lol

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 10 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 02:55 PM) *
The WBC wants the sanctioning fee, which would be huge. Nothing has made the fight closer to reality. I wish people like Max Kellerman would stop mentioning Mayweather-Pacquiao like it's still a big fight of major interest, it's not. Pacquiao is still a huge draw, popularity-wise and the WBC probably heard of all of his help and charity work with the Typhoon disaster in the Philippians. HBO won't let go of the fight. The public won't let go of the fight or give Mayweather-Pacquaio the nail in the coffin it should have, Arum has to keep beating the drums for it. And you have HBO shaking the pom-pom's for Arums fighters, who deserve just as much blame as the WBC for making Manny Pacquiao #1 over beating Brandon Rios. Big deal.

Floyd will either give up the belt. He doesn't need belts or Manny anymore. The real question is, who should be #1 for Floyd? He's just too far ahead of any serious competition for any contendership. I will say one thing. Manny as a #1 contender is at least better than no-chin, over-hyped Brit Khan who really is a CON for Mayweather.

If Pacquiao fights and beats Bradley for WBO Title does Pacman lose his #1 Ranking in the WBC?

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 10 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Cash rulez, hype fools. The kind of fuckry I'm getting use to seeing in boxing rankings.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 08:37 AM