IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WBC rankings: bullshit no?-Pacquiao #1 contender for Mayweather, Bob had to grease some hands
Dolimite
post Dec 11 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Floyd invest his money, lots of it in commercial and private property. Plus he is a secret investor which means he gets good returns. He has TMT and his clothing line. If anything will sink him its the chics he tricks out. I think Floyd will be fine financially. Manny is getting fucked in the game as we speak. He owes the IRS 18 million and his home country 50. He will be fighting for awhile. The May and Manny fight lost its luster when Juan put his ass to sleep. Beating Rios is nothing, just like May KOing Khan means 0. Plus, who cares about the WBC ranking is ridiculous. But it adds for great theater.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 11 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 11 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Floyd invest his money, lots of it in commercial and private property. Plus he is a secret investor which means he gets good returns. He has TMT and his clothing line. If anything will sink him its the chics he tricks out. I think Floyd will be fine financially. Manny is getting fucked in the game as we speak. He owes the IRS 18 million and his home country 50. He will be fighting for awhile. The May and Manny fight lost its luster when Juan put his ass to sleep. Beating Rios is nothing, just like May KOing Khan means 0. Plus, who cares about the WBC ranking is ridiculous. But it adds for great theater.

You mean he's an angel investor lol

I see Mayweather-Pacquiao happening in 2015

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 11 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

You won me over dawg, I can't wait for this Mayweather-Pac-Martinez triple threat match May 3rd!

Good call bra (IMG:style_emoticons/default/taunt.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 09:31 AM
Post #44

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 11 2013, 03:29 PM) *
Isn't a fantasy fight just a fight that hasn't happened? Its a fantasy fight because i want it to happen. And as history has shown me, fantasy fights do happen; do they not? When i make a suggestion about a fight i would like to see, because it hasn't happend, it would be a fantasy fight. Fantasy fights turn into Mega fights any fight with Mayweather is Mega fight. Any fight related to Mayweather at this point is fantasy fight, because i want to see Mayweather fight the best people he can and make the most money out of it before he retires, i simply wish him the best because i believe he is (atleast for my era 1993-). Everyone has opinions, the suggestions i made for the fights i want to see aren't so totally far-fetched as you perceive them to be. Most of these fights are high risk but also high reward. I hear criticisms of Mayweather now because apparently there is no credible opponents out there, and all i did was name some people that fit the criteria of credibility for the risk, and the high reward that makes Mayweather MONEY mayweather......I seen the problem, and i solved it.

You want to dissect everything i say but also contradict yourself doing it.......All i said was i want to see MAyweather fight X next, and i think it would be possible because of certain reasons. The list ranges Martinez, Pacquiao, Lara, Bradley, Khan, Brook, Garcia, Cotto 2, . If he wasnt fighting some of the names, he could still use their name and bring in money with that person on the undercard. Gonna have to fit the right pieces in the right place though. They haven't happened, but since they havent it is possible they can, which makes it a fantasy. I cant speculate into saying what is definitely going to happen or not, because i dont know since im not in the first person view. I just specifically state what i want to see and why i believe it could happen. Theres sometimes more than one right way to do something and usually more than one wrong way to do something. To make up fantasy fight and then discredit another's is your contradiction sir, you start a losing argument. .....Making me feel like mayweather when people call him out, he already won <---that line was just me talking ishhh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

Do i want to see him fight guerrero again?! Hell no, he already dominated him 12 rounds. Why watch that again?. Why would i want to watch him fight ortiz again? When ortiz had the chance to show up, at his BEST MOMENT IN THE FIGHT he messed himself all up, hes to blame for his loss. Mayweather won as easily as possible. ORtiz would do better on the undercard to build up someone else like Broner or Canelo or Garcia. He doesn't deserve to be the CHALLENGER of the champion. Theres already people in line for that and he lost his chance when he had it. Same for guerrero. Guerrero and Ortiz would do better on an undercard then against Mayweather again. Khan should go on the list too, theres bigger fights if he does everything correctly so he doesnt end up bombing a ppv before he retires; which COULD be in 4 more fights.

The only rematch that is plausible at this point in time is Cotto just because mayweather himself was dissatisfied with his performance and could have done better. Mayweather may lie outside the ring, but he cant lie inside the ring. Cotto may have the best chance for a rematch but he needs get up closer in line, but theres even more complications because hes on top rank. I think Cotto should fight bradley for a PPV or undercard. Cotto vs Marquez or Bradley is a good fight. Cotto is in the same Category as Martinez to me, in terms that their next loss will probably push them to retire unless it was a big fight with a close Loss.

Just wait till the 2016 Olympics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif) thats all i have to say about that. I'm a humble observer my friend.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/yuck_imdone_zpsadef2834.gif)
You're more of a hugger than I thought, lol.

A fantasy fight isn't always "a fight that hasn't happened"...if that's the case, then I guess we should still wait around for Bowe/Tyson, Bowe/Lewis, Mosley/Trinidad, or hell, Norton/Frazier (for the old heads around here) then, right? Nowadays, a fantasy fight is a bunch hyped up guys with somewhat of a name in the sport, that some nuthugger just mashes together to get some credibility...similar to these mythical p4p lists floating around the boxing world.

It's funny how no other fighter deserves anything in your book, unless he's across the ring from Floyd. As a REAL boxing fan (real being the operative word here), you have to make the most of the fights that are being made, and hope for better...that's the story of a boxing fan. That may sound cynical, but it's the truth.

Guys like you hope for these "fantasy fights", and before the final bell even rings, you're hoping for another one. Most boxing "fans" are ungrateful, dont know shit, or both...hence why we end up stuck with some of the fights that are being made.

I find it funny how guys like Danny Garcia don't get the credit that they truly deserve in the sport, but anything that Floyd does, is "God worthy". Let's be honest, how many fights have Floyd truly given us...fights that we were waiting on? With that in mind, Garcia just made a fool of the guy (Matthysse) who was supposed to put him in the hospital and derail his career, and what do we hear from boxing "fans"?...crickets.

Why aren't guys pushing for him to fight Floyd? Instead, guys throw this silly "moving up to middleweight", oh...excuse me, "just put on a few more lbs Floyd, you'll be fine either way" nonsense around. Make sense of what;s in front you, rather than throwing this fantasy crap together, just to get let down every time.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 12 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Floyd-Manny should never have been a fantasy fight. This fight should have been made a long time ago and it is a shame that both fighters and both promoters couldn't get it done. Manny and Floyd were easily the 2 best p4p fighters at the time. They were in the same weight class. They fought the same fighters. EVERYONE wanted this fight. It was the fight that would have made the most money for both guys. It is a joke that it never was made...shame on Manny and shame on Floyd for not getting it done. Boxing could have really used a fight like this. It would have been the 2nd most hyped sporting event in the United States any year it would have been made (behind only the Super Bowl). EVERYONE would have been talking about it. Instead, both fighters used that potential fight to line their own pockets in PPV numbers.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 12 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #46

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 09:31 AM) *
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/yuck_imdone_zpsadef2834.gif)

A fantasy fight isn't always "a fight that hasn't happened"...if that's the case, then I guess we should still wait around for Bowe/Tyson, Bowe/Lewis, Mosley/Trinidad, or hell, Norton/Frazier (for the old heads around here) then, right? Nowadays, a fantasy fight is a bunch hyped up guys with somewhat of a name in the sport, that some nuthugger just mashes together to get some credibility...similar to these mythical p4p lists floating around the boxing world.

It's funny how no other fighter deserves anything in your book, unless he's across the ring from Floyd. As a REAL boxing fan (real being the operative word here), you have to make the most of the fights that are being made, and hope for better...that's the story of a boxing fan. That may sound cynical, but it's the truth.

Guys like you hope for these "fantasy fights", and before the final bell even rings, you're hoping for another one. Most boxing "fans" are ungrateful, dont know shit, or both...hence why we end up stuck with some of the fights that are being made.

I find it funny how guys like Danny Garcia don't get the credit that they truly deserve in the sport, but anything that Floyd does, is "God worthy". Let's be honest, how many fights have Floyd truly given us...fights that we were waiting on? With that in mind, Garcia just made a fool of the guy (Matthysse) who was supposed to put him in the hospital and derail his career, and what do we hear from boxing "fans"?...crickets.

Why aren't guys pushing for him to fight Floyd? Instead, guys throw this silly "moving up to middleweight", oh...excuse me, "just put on a few more lbs Floyd, you'll be fine either way" nonsense around. Make sense of what;s in front you, rather than throwing this fantasy crap together, just to get let down every time.

Because Floyd beats Garcia the same way he beat Guerrero, Canelo, JMM, etc. It is a boring and easy fight for Floyd. Garcia is NEVER going to beat Floyd. That is a pointless fight. Garcia isn't going to counter Floyd. He won't out-box him. He isn't a pressure fighter. How in the world would Danny Garcia get the win? It is a boring fight that everyone would know the outcome of the moment it is made.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #47

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 09:39 AM) *
Floyd-Manny should never have been a fantasy fight. This fight should have been made a long time ago and it is a shame that both fighters and both promoters couldn't get it done. Manny and Floyd were easily the 2 best p4p fighters at the time. They were in the same weight class. They fought the same fighters. EVERYONE wanted this fight. It was the fight that would have made the most money for both guys. It is a joke that it never was made...shame on Manny and shame on Floyd for not getting it done. Boxing could have really used a fight like this. It would have been the 2nd most hyped sporting event in the United States any year it would have been made (behind only the Super Bowl). EVERYONE would have been talking about it. Instead, both fighters used that potential fight to line their own pockets in PPV numbers.

My biggest question (that I ALWAYS ask) is...just what in the hell would everybody else be talking about, AFTER this fight happened? Probably nothing...they would go on about their mediocre lives, shortly after this fight would've happened.

Keep in mind, there are more than 2 fighters in the sport. Boxing had it's biggest days when there were more than known fighters in the sport. The 70's had Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman...just to name a few. The 80's had SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Chavez, just to name a few. The 90's had Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Golotta, Lewis...just to name a few. The 00's had ODLH, Trinidad, Mosley, Hopkins...just to name a few.

What do we have now? We have quitters, guys protecting their 0's to land big paydays that they can't truly compete in, managers/promoters who disgustingly produce one lopsided fight after another and pay their fighters ridiculous money, promoters with school girl rivalries that stop big fights from happening...just to name a few.

So, again, the world would've got their "oohs and ahhs" out of Mayweather/Pacquiao from the build-up to a couple of weeks after the ending, then what? What are left with in the boxing world? Yep you got it...a bunch of up and coming fighters that either no one cares about, or has no idea who they are.

The sport is doing fine without this fight, to be perfectly honest. The "idea" and "hopes" of this fight happening, has done more for the sport, than it actually taking place.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Because Floyd beats Garcia the same way he beat Guerrero, Canelo, JMM, etc. It is a boring and easy fight for Floyd. Garcia is NEVER going to beat Floyd. That is a pointless fight. Garcia isn't going to counter Floyd. He won't out-box him. He isn't a pressure fighter. How in the world would Danny Garcia get the win? It is a boring fight that everyone would know the outcome of the moment it is made.

Well, fuck it....let's just give Floyd the W for all of these damn fights then. Aren't you the same guy who said that biscuit-chin Khan would give Floyd a fight because of his handspeed and footwork? Khan has some of the worst footwork in the game, and this handspeed that you're drooling over, will get him beat easier than a guy who takes his time in there.

Khan's time is up, and even he knows it. All of this new pacing crap that he does in the ring, isn't him, and never will be. He fights like a fool, and he'll fall victim to it again. It's funny how you can stand behind the weakest Floyd opponent in a while, but say that a talented fighter like Danny can't compete with him.

Khan's been with Hunter for what, 2 fights? How has he looked in those two fights? Shaky and confused against a midget Molina and God awful against an old, blown up lightweight...neither are good signs. I know that it takes a few fights for a guy to get comfortable and start improvements under a new trainer, but he shouldn't look this bad.

Just God awful on your behalf...simply God awful...

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 12 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #49

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 09:31 AM) *

I wasn't trashing other fighters, or taking away credit from anyone, but the REALITY is that Mayweather is the Cash Cow is he not? That's why everyone 3 weight classes above and below are calling him out.... Does someone deserve to make more than 10% against Mayweather? Why not, but if they deserved it then it wouldnt even be a question because they will bring the money just like Mayweather will, if they are worth the money then they will bring it.......I'm taking the boxing game for simply what it is now, a BUSINESS.

I like Garcia, and since he was the double header for the ppv I thought for sure he'd be next or he's on the. But if Mayweather wasnt fighting him he was smart to USE HIS NAME TO BUILD THE UNDERCARD; this is what i suggested he do with other fighters. Is that so wrong and Impossible?

I'm not just calling for one big fight or mediocre fights, I'm just listing fight cards worthy of PAY-PER-VIEW. Mayweather changed the PPV game because now people think just put One person in the fight and its PPV, but that messes up the balance, if its PPV event, the card should be stacked from top to bottom.

I'm not a nuthugger simply because i wish someone success; I also want to meet him, shake his hand and possibly have him be my trainer; call it nut hugging I'm just drawn to being around greatness. Would you not wish wish success upon other people??? I APPRECIATE his skills, anyone who steps in the ring gets credit. Mayweather can fight any of these fuus he chooses; but at the end of the day speaking about it just speculation, so i say the fights i want to see before the time is up and he retires. So ill speak the fights i want to see into existence, its really that simple. If they happen cool, if not oh well life goes on; if the fights before the main event arent competitive then why would i pay 70$ to see one person? Mayweather my dude and all but me paying 70$ for one fight doesnt make as much sense as paying 70 for a stacked card.

There's a reason most boxers (credible sources) refer to mayweather as the best now...Just facts bruh

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 12 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 07:58 AM) *
My biggest question (that I ALWAYS ask) is...just what in the hell would everybody else be talking about, AFTER this fight happened? Probably nothing...they would go on about their mediocre lives, shortly after this fight would've happened.

Keep in mind, there are more than 2 fighters in the sport. Boxing had it's biggest days when there were more than known fighters in the sport. The 70's had Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman...just to name a few. The 80's had SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Chavez, just to name a few. The 90's had Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Golotta, Lewis...just to name a few. The 00's had ODLH, Trinidad, Mosley, Hopkins...just to name a few.

What do we have now? We have quitters, guys protecting their 0's to land big paydays that they can't truly compete in, managers/promoters who disgustingly produce one lopsided fight after another and pay their fighters ridiculous money, promoters with school girl rivalries that stop big fights from happening...just to name a few.

So, again, the world would've got their "oohs and ahhs" out of Mayweather/Pacquiao from the build-up to a couple of weeks after the ending, then what? What are left with in the boxing world? Yep you got it...a bunch of up and coming fighters that either no one cares about, or has no idea who they are.

The sport is doing fine without this fight, to be perfectly honest. The "idea" and "hopes" of this fight happening, has done more for the sport, than it actually taking place.

We would of gotten rid of all the May and Pac nuthuggers. After that fight no more using the other fighter to sell tickets and no more Arum with his bullshit. This fight would of parted ways with boxing fans from fans of one boxer. So yeah I guess this fight should happen to rid us of the above statements.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:20 AM