IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WBC rankings: bullshit no?-Pacquiao #1 contender for Mayweather, Bob had to grease some hands
Dolimite
post Dec 12 2013, 11:26 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Bradley deserves the fight just as much as Garcia. However, Danny has stated he isn't interested in the May. Anything can happen in a fight anything. I would not count either guy out, but I wouldn't bet on them either. Anything can happen. Just ask Alexander,Khan, Ortiz and others.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 12 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Bradley deserves the fight just as much as Garcia. However, Danny has stated he isn't interested in the May. Anything can happen in a fight anything. I would not count either guy out, but I wouldn't bet on them either. Anything can happen. Just ask Alexander,Khan, Ortiz and others.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 12 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #53

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 09:58 AM) *
My biggest question (that I ALWAYS ask) is...just what in the hell would everybody else be talking about, AFTER this fight happened? Probably nothing...they would go on about their mediocre lives, shortly after this fight would've happened.

Keep in mind, there are more than 2 fighters in the sport. Boxing had it's biggest days when there were more than known fighters in the sport. The 70's had Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman...just to name a few. The 80's had SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Chavez, just to name a few. The 90's had Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Golotta, Lewis...just to name a few. The 00's had ODLH, Trinidad, Mosley, Hopkins...just to name a few.

What do we have now? We have quitters, guys protecting their 0's to land big paydays that they can't truly compete in, managers/promoters who disgustingly produce one lopsided fight after another and pay their fighters ridiculous money, promoters with school girl rivalries that stop big fights from happening...just to name a few.

So, again, the world would've got their "oohs and ahhs" out of Mayweather/Pacquiao from the build-up to a couple of weeks after the ending, then what? What are left with in the boxing world? Yep you got it...a bunch of up and coming fighters that either no one cares about, or has no idea who they are.

The sport is doing fine without this fight, to be perfectly honest. The "idea" and "hopes" of this fight happening, has done more for the sport, than it actually taking place.

So you don't make the biggest fight in recent boxing memory because there would be little else to talk about AFTER the mega fight? Come on. And if it is a great fight with drama, there can be a rematch...a rematch that would make both fighters TONS of money. Any publicity positive publicity is good for the sport of boxing. It's not like the world would stop paying attention to Mayweather/Pac after the fight. If anything MORE attention would be given to their next fights.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 12 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #54

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Well, fuck it....let's just give Floyd the W for all of these damn fights then. Aren't you the same guy who said that biscuit-chin Khan would give Floyd a fight because of his handspeed and footwork? Khan has some of the worst footwork in the game, and this handspeed that you're drooling over, will get him beat easier than a guy who takes his time in there.

Khan's time is up, and even he knows it. All of this new pacing crap that he does in the ring, isn't him, and never will be. He fights like a fool, and he'll fall victim to it again. It's funny how you can stand behind the weakest Floyd opponent in a while, but say that a talented fighter like Danny can't compete with him.

Khan's been with Hunter for what, 2 fights? How has he looked in those two fights? Shaky and confused against a midget Molina and God awful against an old, blown up lightweight...neither are good signs. I know that it takes a few fights for a guy to get comfortable and start improvements under a new trainer, but he shouldn't look this bad.

Just God awful on your behalf...simply God awful...

Don't be emotional...nobody is saying you just give the win to Floyd but at the same time it is an easy fight for him. It is a boring UD victory where Garcia just gets picked apart in the center of the ring. That is why people don't want to see that fight. He brings nothing to the table that can bother Mayweather. Yes, Khan would give Floyd a much tougher fight than Garcia would because of his hand-speed and offensive output. I don't think Khan would win and I don't think Khan would even last a full 12 rounds, but at least it wouldn't be a 12 round snoozer like the Guerrero fight. At least Khan is coming to the table with something.

I don't think Khan is a great opponent for Floyd but he would make a MUCH more interesting fight than Garcia and clearly GBP thinks so as well. Who else is out there? Thurman has no big wins under his belt. Alexander just lost. Pac/Bradley are with Arum. Cotto isn't even considering a Mayweather fight. I would love to see Broner if he wins, but that won't happen right now. Khan just makes for a much more interesting fight.

We will see what happens but IMO the Khan-Mayweather fight will be MUCH more compelling TV than guys like Guerrero.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 12:55 PM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 12 2013, 10:22 AM) *
I wasn't trashing other fighters, or taking away credit from anyone, but the REALITY is that Mayweather is the Cash Cow is he not? That's why everyone 3 weight classes above and below are calling him out.... Does someone deserve to make more than 10% against Mayweather? Why not, but if they deserved it then it wouldnt even be a question because they will bring the money just like Mayweather will, if they are worth the money then they will bring it.......I'm taking the boxing game for simply what it is now, a BUSINESS.

Yes he is the cash cow, and let these other fighters in other weight classes call him out...that's what they're supposed to do. The problem is, when feeble-minded "fans" start entertaining it. Why entertain him fighting a guy who's been a MW for over 4 yrs? Why entertain a LHW coming down to 160 (a weight he hasn't made in damn near 10 years)? Don't sit here and tell me you're taking boxing as a business, when none of your posts are business-minded. Didn't you reach like no other, when you brought up Lara's name? That's not good business bro, and to even entertain it, is nothing less than silly...

I like Garcia, and since he was the double header for the ppv I thought for sure he'd be next or he's on the. But if Mayweather wasnt fighting him he was smart to USE HIS NAME TO BUILD THE UNDERCARD; this is what i suggested he do with other fighters. Is that so wrong and Impossible?

Please don't try and backtrack and start saying that you thought Garcia should be next, just because he was on Floyd's recent undercard, please. Just a few mins ago, you were throwing Sergio's name out, and believing these silly WBC rankings in regards to a Pacquiao fight happening.

I'm not just calling for one big fight or mediocre fights, I'm just listing fight cards worthy of PAY-PER-VIEW. Mayweather changed the PPV game because now people think just put One person in the fight and its PPV, but that messes up the balance, if its PPV event, the card should be stacked from top to bottom.

Undercards worthy of PPV, according to whose standards? Mayweather didn't change the game by stacking his undercards...he did that for his convenience...not the game's. If he was really this huge draw, then he could do like they did in the Tyson era...the main event IS the fight...everybody else on the card didn't matter. So let's stop with the whole "Floyd changed the game" stuff. I agree that he has (in some situations), but not every single thing that comes out of his mouth.

I'm not a nuthugger simply because i wish someone success; I also want to meet him, shake his hand and possibly have him be my trainer; call it nut hugging I'm just drawn to being around greatness. Would you not wish wish success upon other people??? I APPRECIATE his skills, anyone who steps in the ring gets credit. Mayweather can fight any of these fuus he chooses; but at the end of the day speaking about it just speculation, so i say the fights i want to see before the time is up and he retires. So ill speak the fights i want to see into existence, its really that simple. If they happen cool, if not oh well life goes on; if the fights before the main event arent competitive then why would i pay 70$ to see one person? Mayweather my dude and all but me paying 70$ for one fight doesnt make as much sense as paying 70 for a stacked card.

You sound worse than these zealots that hug Jay-Z's nuts, you really do. I don't walk around here and wish bad on others...trust me, I don't, so don't paint that picture. That's the problem...everybody wants to be around greatness, but they aren't great themselves...just a bunch dreamers.

I'm not sure how you can wish Floyd the best, when you cooked up a Lara fight and Floyd paying him $5M...that probably wont be good for Floyd's "success, so to speak. As a matter of fact, if I ever meet Floyd before you do, I'll maintain my manhood (which you probably wont be able to do), and I'll tell him a guy named Joiv suggested that he should fight Lara and pay him $5M. Scratch that...you're not about to get me punched in the face with that crazy talk.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #56

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 12:24 PM) *
So you don't make the biggest fight in recent boxing memory because there would be little else to talk about AFTER the mega fight? Come on. And if it is a great fight with drama, there can be a rematch...a rematch that would make both fighters TONS of money. Any publicity positive publicity is good for the sport of boxing. It's not like the world would stop paying attention to Mayweather/Pac after the fight. If anything MORE attention would be given to their next fights.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that us boxing fans will be left with a bunch of up and coming stars, because a bunch of people (read: people who could care less about the sport and don't put in any time to support it) wanna see a "fight".

What if it's a boring UD on Floyd's behalf...what will they (read: casual fans) say? "Ah man, boxing sucks, Im gonna keep watching MMA". Then what? Why are you suddenly concerned about both fighters making a "ton of money", when you just said that both of them used the potential fight to line their pockets? What are you more concerned about, the sport getting recognition, or them getting paid?

How could more attention to given to their next fights (after they fight), if no one knows who the hell they're fighting now? Explain that, because that's the point that I was making earlier. These current fighters need more attention than the top 2, who are getting the most of it, and have yet to fight each other. All people care about when it comes to boxing is, "When is that Mayweather/Pacquiao happening", "Why hasn't it happened?", "Will it ever happened?". Nobody's running around here asking about Garcia, Khan, Matthysse, etc...that's the bigger problem.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #57

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 12:43 PM) *
Don't be emotional...nobody is saying you just give the win to Floyd but at the same time it is an easy fight for him. It is a boring UD victory where Garcia just gets picked apart in the center of the ring. That is why people don't want to see that fight. He brings nothing to the table that can bother Mayweather. Yes, Khan would give Floyd a much tougher fight than Garcia would because of his hand-speed and offensive output. I don't think Khan would win and I don't think Khan would even last a full 12 rounds, but at least it wouldn't be a 12 round snoozer like the Guerrero fight. At least Khan is coming to the table with something.

I don't think Khan is a great opponent for Floyd but he would make a MUCH more interesting fight than Garcia and clearly GBP thinks so as well. Who else is out there? Thurman has no big wins under his belt. Alexander just lost. Pac/Bradley are with Arum. Cotto isn't even considering a Mayweather fight. I would love to see Broner if he wins, but that won't happen right now. Khan just makes for a much more interesting fight.

We will see what happens but IMO the Khan-Mayweather fight will be MUCH more compelling TV than guys like Guerrero.

That's the reason that most people hesitate to watch Floyd's fights, or critique him after they've been duped into buying them...because it's always gonna be an easy UD on his behalf. How can you day that no one wants to see Mayweather/Garcia? I don't see people clamoring over this biscuit-chinned Khan guy that you're pushing.

At this point, it' not about who can bring anything concrete to the table, in regards to threatening Mayweather...it's mere perception nowadays...you can't deny that. Again, if the likes of an old Diaz, is giving Kahn trouble, then what do you think Floyd is gonna do? Handpseed and offensive output means nothing, if you can't use it properly against a complex style...all 44 of these guys have pretty much shown that...well, at least 2 of them have made it difficult for him.

So you're saying that as long it appears that Khan is giving Floyd trouble during the fight, then that's just enough for you...regardless if Khan wins or not? GBP doesn't think that a Khan fight is more interesting than a Garcia fight...they just realize that a Khan fight would bring in UK money, and the fact that Khan is one jab away from ruining that opportunity for them to make that money. Trust me, a Garcia fight can bring in some money, but they have to cash out Khan first.

I'm not so sure how you can pick a guy who's been getting worse in every fight, OVER a guy who's been getting better. That still baffles me...

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 12 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #58

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 01:06 PM) *
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that us boxing fans will be left with a bunch of up and coming stars, because a bunch of people (read: people who could care less about the sport and don't put in any time to support it) wanna see a "fight".

What if it's a boring UD on Floyd's behalf...what will they (read: casual fans) say? "Ah man, boxing sucks, Im gonna keep watching MMA". Then what? Why are you suddenly concerned about both fighters making a "ton of money", when you just said that both of them used the potential fight to line their pockets? What are you more concerned about, the sport getting recognition, or them getting paid?

How could more attention to given to their next fights (after they fight), if no one knows who the hell they're fighting now? Explain that, because that's the point that I was making earlier. These current fighters need more attention than the top 2, who are getting the most of it, and have yet to fight each other. All people care about when it comes to boxing is, "When is that Mayweather/Pacquiao happening", "Why hasn't it happened?", "Will it ever happened?". Nobody's running around here asking about Garcia, Khan, Matthysse, etc...that's the bigger problem.

-I don't see it being a boring UD. Pac doesn't make for a boring fight. If it is boring, then oh well. That is the worst case scenario and even that is better than them never fighting.

-I'm not that concerned about them getting paid, but $$$ is certainly a reason for WHY they should have both taken the fight. I couldn't care less about Floyd's financial situation and I couldn't care less about Manny's financial situation. I don't need to care about those things when using $$$ as an argument for why the fight should have been made.

-Your point about no attention going to the Garcia's, Broner's, Bradley's of the world (the supposed "next fighters" for each man) makes no sense. Any attention that comes to boxing from a Mayweather-Pac fight would not be at the expense of those secondary stars. If anything it would HELP their exposure, not hurt it. If more eyes are on the sport then more eyes would be on the sport. Those are still extra guys. The guys that care about Khan, Garcia, Broner, etc now will still care about them if Pac and Mayweather fight.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 12 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #59

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 01:16 PM) *
That's the reason that most people hesitate to watch Floyd's fights, or critique him after they've been duped into buying them...because it's always gonna be an easy UD on his behalf. How can you day that no one wants to see Mayweather/Garcia? I don't see people clamoring over this biscuit-chinned Khan guy that you're pushing.

At this point, it' not about who can bring anything concrete to the table, in regards to threatening Mayweather...it's mere perception nowadays...you can't deny that. Again, if the likes of an old Diaz, is giving Kahn trouble, then what do you think Floyd is gonna do? Handpseed and offensive output means nothing, if you can't use it properly against a complex style...all 44 of these guys have pretty much shown that...well, at least 2 of them have made it difficult for him.

So you're saying that as long it appears that Khan is giving Floyd trouble during the fight, then that's just enough for you...regardless if Khan wins or not? GBP doesn't think that a Khan fight is more interesting than a Garcia fight...they just realize that a Khan fight would bring in UK money, and the fact that Khan is one jab away from ruining that opportunity for them to make that money. Trust me, a Garcia fight can bring in some money, but they have to cash out Khan first.

I'm not so sure how you can pick a guy who's been getting worse in every fight, OVER a guy who's been getting better. That still baffles me...

-Why are you acting foolish? I am not pushing Khan. There are about 5 other fights I would rather see Mayweather make, but those won't happen for a variety of reasons. Khan is the best of what can reasonably happen, which is pretty much to say that he is a better option than Garcia, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman, and Malignaggi.

-I don't understand your "as long as it appears Khan is giving Floyd trouble, that is just enough for you" point. Nothing is "just enough for me". I will buy the fight and hope to be entertained. More to the point, I want to see how Floyd does against different skills and different styles. I think hand-speed is a HUGE equalizer. Khan has that in spades. He throws beautiful combinations and he has heart. Do I think he beats Floyd? Hell no. Floyd is Floyd. I do think we have a MUCH better chance of getting drama in a Khan fight than we would a Garcia fight.

-I actually agree with your last point, Khan has not looked good in his last 2 fights even though they were wins. That concerns me more than his chin. We all know Khan is chinny, but even at that he would make an interesting fight. What we don't know if the last 2 fights from Amir is his new normal? I keep going back to the Zab Judah-Mayweather fight. Judah looked TERRIBLE against Baldomir but still got the Mayweather fight. Judah actually made for a very entertaining fight until about round 5 or 6.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #60

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 01:21 PM) *
-I don't see it being a boring UD. Pac doesn't make for a boring fight. If it is boring, then oh well. That is the worst case scenario and even that is better than them never fighting.

How was Pac/Bradley then? There was a lot of boxing and another man trying to get out of boxing by scoring a knockout that he couldn't...wanna know why? Because he was getting boxed to death. Had only Bradley not been as tight as he was, he would've beat Manny easier than he just beat Marquez this past October.

-I'm not that concerned about them getting paid, but $$$ is certainly a reason for WHY they should have both taken the fight. I couldn't care less about Floyd's financial situation and I couldn't care less about Manny's financial situation. I don't need to care about those things when using $$$ as an argument for why the fight should have been made.

Money is THE EXACT reason why this fight hasn't happened, so money is the driving point here. Mayweather didn't do it for 50/50 (initially), why? Because of money. Pac's team didn't wanna do drug testing, why? They felt that they were just as a big of a draw (money makers), and they weren't gonna be told what to do. Floyd did bigger numbers later on, and refused to do 50/50, why? Because he was the bigger draw, regardless of what people wanted to believe.

Floyd pulled in a record-breaking purse of $32M against Cotto, which killed the 50/50 idea, maybe even a 60/40, why? Money. Floyd's side offered many $40M, but Manny didn't take it, why? Because his side wanted a cut of the PPV "money". Pac's team wants to the fight now, why? Because Pac is (or is gonna be) in desperate need of a substantial payday. To say that money is the reason that it should've happened, is the same reason that it hasn't happened. Bob's made more money off of using Floyd's name, than he'll ever make in one fight against Floyd. Fact

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY...

-Your point about no attention going to the Garcia's, Broner's, Bradley's of the world (the supposed "next fighters" for each man) makes no sense. Any attention that comes to boxing from a Mayweather-Pac fight would not be at the expense of those secondary stars. If anything it would HELP their exposure, not hurt it. If more eyes are on the sport then more eyes would be on the sport. Those are still extra guys. The guys that care about Khan, Garcia, Broner, etc now will still care about them if Pac and Mayweather fight.

How doesn't it make sense? Walk down the street right now, and ask people if they know who Danny Garcia is? Tim Bradley. Maybe they'll have clue of who Broner is, but chances are, it wont be many. These guys exposure RIGHT NOW, needs to be the focus, not Manny and Floyd, who may have two years tops, left in the sport. Besides, if these guys were on the card, how many casual fans would actually pay attention to them? Don't you think they'll do other things until the main event comes on, like they always do for PPV cards?

We live in a time where instant gratification is key, and nearly everyone has a serious case of A.D.D...they only want what they want, and are unwilling to wait for anything. Those "extra guys" need to be built up to maximum capacity...no need to wait to throw them on the biggest PPV card in history. As dumb as that sounds, people will be people when a PPV card comes on...if all they know is Mayweather and Pacquiao, then that's all they'll pay attention to.

Again, I don't see how many people are still talking about Garcia/Matthysse, and it was on the what, the SECOND biggest PPV in boxing history? Answer this, please.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 12:26 PM