IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Broner vs. Maidana-SPOILERS, Update:1.3 Million View Fight! Third Highest on Record (Page 42)
Jack 1000
post Dec 14 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all the action and post-fight reactions to Showtime's Quadruple Header of Championship Fights. Tonight!

Featuring:

Broner vs. Maidana
Santa Cruz vs. Seda
Thurman vs. Soto Karas
Shumenov vs. Kovacs

Keep everything in this thread. Note the earlier start time of 8PM Eastern. It's like the start time of a PPV, but it's NOT PPV! A great card to round out the year! This is how you do it for boxing!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 14 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Man, how much I wiish I could stay up until 4 am when the card actually starts here in Czech republic. Unfortunantelly, I have a hardcore gym session under my belt and I am getting dead tired as I'm writting this.

Broner vs Maidana - Broner by UD. I expect Maidana to test ABs ass though. It won't be easy. I don't see a KO in this one but I would love to see Adrien being hurt - I wonder how he would react to it.
Santa Cruz vs. Seda - SC will pull it off.
Thurman vs Soto Karas - Thurman wants it and I see more than just power in him. TKO in the 8th/9th round.
Shumenov vs. Kovacs - Shumenov UD.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Dec 14 2013, 04:34 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 14 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Greatest thing about this fight: everyone made weight! Haven't seen the weigh in I heard it was pretty good. A body shot could in this night for Eminem aka Marcos Maidana. Thurman will go the distance with Soto, LSC will look good as usual. Haven't seen the light heavyweights fight so that should be interesting. If there was an upset he would come from the Thurman fight. Adrien came in light for this fight. Hopefully he did not have to kill himself to make weight. He was pretty fight when he was doing his rap tour. If Khan is a guest commentator I will be pissed. That kid is annoying.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 14 2013, 07:08 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Broner/Maidana: The easy answer would be Broner as the victor, but for some reason, it's not coming that easy for me. I've seen Maidana in there with more skilled guys, and all I've seen is frustration and confusion on his end. Marcos hasn't been able to take a shot as good as he has in the past...he's been looking more and more vulnerable, maybe his body is asking him, "Man, this shit again? WTF's wrong with you?". Any smart man would question Broner's pop at 147...either it's not what it was at 30 or 35, or he had those first time jitters in his last fight. Who knows? As promised, I'll continue to go for the underdog for the remainder of this year, regardless of how obvious the outcome is. Too many weird shots, pressure, and the will to win, will tell us all we need to know about Marcos tonight...which is style that Adrien hasn't faced yet. I have Maidana by surprise. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thurman/JSK: Keith moves a lot for the WW that he is, so this wont be a Berto-type fight for JSK...he'll have to work. My only request is that he uses some freakin' head movement all night...not just when things get rough. He cuts easily, so I'll expect expect plenty of blood here. I think he gives Thurman problems, and that's only based on the performance that Chaves put on, which he didn't use a lot of movement. Keith may very struggle a bit here, or he could go in there and obliterate JSK, since he knows that a title shot is around the corner. If he wins tonight, he can give a huge thank you to San Diego. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Santa Cruz/Seda: Not sure if I've seen Seda fight...so I'll make sure I don't sort socks while it's on.

*Cut & paste my post from the other thread, so what...sue me, lol*

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 14 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Santa Cruz UD
Thurman MID ROUNDS TKO/KO
broner SD

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Dec 14 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

broner on ropes getting pummeled

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 14 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Dec 14 2013, 08:03 PM) *
broner on ropes getting pummeled

Bold, but respectable prediction my man. Let's see how this plays out...

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 14 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Live stream any one???

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 14 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 14 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Live stream any one???

Check your PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 14 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Been drinking all day, and had this silly urge to wanna hang up Christmas lights outside...and it's been pouring down raining since 7AM. It's been a long day fellas...

+Quote Post

47 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:48 PM