IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Broner vs. Maidana-SPOILERS, Update:1.3 Million View Fight! Third Highest on Record (Page 42)
checkleft
post Dec 19 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #441

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 19 2013, 02:33 PM) *
haha swimming and not getting wet, reminds me of my trainer, but at the same time he used to say, you can't go out into the storm and expect to stay dry

Now were talking
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 19 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #442

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2013, 02:06 PM) *
I agree with the above points...I really do. They are a bit harsh, but at the end of the day, I agree.

I read the Stafford interview on the front page, and again, I respect Stafford for what he's done and what's doing in the sport with up and coming fighters, but it seemed like he was trying to bail Adrien out. Truthfully, that's how people fail in life.

No disrespect to my biological father that passed away last October, but he was in a Broner-type situation growing up...even as a grown man. He used to steal, fight, get locked up, etc...and his parents were enablers like a mofo. Anytime he was arrested or in trouble, they would bail him out and defend him to no ends, especially when people talked about him. Since they kept up that nonsense and REFUSED to tell him that he was hurting himself, he was involved a slew of jail stints, DUI accidents (which hurt and killed people), and then his health took a hit (kidney failure), which led to his death.

That's what it appears that Broner's whole team is doing...enabling him. Stafford kept referring to him (Broner) and Floyd as "kids". C'mon man, Broner has 5 damn kids, so regardless of his age, dude has grown man responsibilities...for his family and he's held responsible for certain things in boxing. Floyd wasn't perfect while coming up in the sport, in regards to his behaviors, but it clicked and didn't completely cost him everything. This is one loss for Adrien, but much comes with this loss.

Yeah I know, who cares about the boxing world? I agree to an extent, but there are certain responsibilities that a fighter needs to uphold...being professional is one of them. Now, if Broner didn't give a shit about "taking over" the sport, then fine, he owes the boxing world nothing. In his case, he talked all of this shit, promised the boxing world a class-A performance, he was in perfect health going into the fight, got his ass kicked, then refused to address the fans.

Instead, he chose to pop shit in the locker room about a rematch, and rob us of a manly post-fight response. For fuck's sake, Bradley did an interview after he fought concussed for 11 rounds, but nothing was wrong with Broner (as we've discovered), and the mofo still didn't wanna eat his humble pie. Instead, he chose to use the same lines that Floyd uses (whom Stafford said he wasn't trying to be like), and left us with a 30-60 second garbage response.

I don't wanna sound like I'm in my feelings about it, but doesn't this dude want us to buy his fights in the future? I mean, if you're saying that you're gonna "take over the sport", that would involve a PPV stint, correct? I just don't understand why these assholes wont have a serious talk with this fool about his behaviors. Instead, the only serious talk that occurs, is in an interview...an interview of them defending his prevalent idiocy.

That whole, "he's just a kid" bullshit has got to stop, now. I had no idea that an investigation is taking place for the fight, I wonder how it's gonna go. Anyhow, all of that mess that he was talking about Broner not trying to be like Floyd, was poo poo as well. Now, the stuff that he said about Sr. and Roger made sense, most of it did anyway.

He fussed about people throwing stuff at Broner when he ran for the hills to avoid his moment of embarrassment...which we will never truly know how it would've played out. I agreed with most of it, especially about the beer bottles being thrown and people spitting, but don't tell me that Broner cant handle a dixie cup going upside his head. LOL

At the end of the day, everybody on his team is quick to step up and defend this talented clown, but they don't seem to be too eager to seriously tell him that he needs to chill. I remember some dick rider joined the board a few months ago, and got on here defending Broner, claiming to be his friend, justifying his nonsense, and daring us to say stuff to Adrien's face...fuck him. What talentless grown man tries to defend another man, like some type of middle school friend or somethin? Oh that's right, only a dick rider would do such a thing.

I'm just ready for them (Team Broner) to step up and tell us that a fire DOES exist, amidst all of this smoke in the air, and that they're going to be professional enough to handle it...rather than discrediting the very man who bested their fighter. They're harping on the headbutt, as if it was what put Broner is a bad spot...no my man, those left hooks in the first 2 rounds was what started. That head nudge and Broner's bad acting is what they were using to end the fight prematurely. If I'm not mistaken, the fight was even going into round 7, can't remember who won 7 (maybe Broner, slightly), and Broner was holding his own before the knockdown and head nudge...so yes, he was looking for a way out of the fight, with some decent and disputable cards to tally up in the 8th.

+10

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 19 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #443

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 18 2013, 10:53 AM) *
Hopkins done been exposed numerous times if you listen to a lot of fans but when he wins it's another story. Now I'm hearing that Ward is "the next one to be exposed"...it's gotten out of hand

But I do think in this instance I do think the way Broner carries himself and the fact that he was undefeated played a part in some saying he was exposed

andre ward will never be exposed. he doesnt play games in the ring and its focused. Hes too good and hes in his prime, hes out of that young dumb cocky kid phase. hes too smart.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 19 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #444

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2013, 01:10 AM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15832.html

Mike Stafford venting on Roger, Big Floyd and some of y'all comments up in here lol. One thing I 100% disagree with what he's saying, is the part when he's saying how AB was fighting clean. AB clearly was the first to start up the dirty shit in the 1st after getting stunned by Chino and then both dudes continued with the bullshit throughout the fight, which I'm sure we can all agree Lawrence Cole did a shit job trying to contain, never the less though I expected him to stand behind AB even if it's hard for him to try an argue against some of these point.

Watch it again, Maidana put his elbow in Adrien's face first....neither was a saint in there but I called it in this thread when Maidana did it. Adrien just responded to it,...I don't hear nobody talking about the multiple low blows from Marcos or the fact that he was hitting behind the head though lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 19 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #445

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 19 2013, 04:10 PM) *
andre ward will never be exposed. he doesnt play games in the ring and its focused. Hes too good and hes in his prime, hes out of that young dumb cocky kid phase. hes too smart.

Truth be told anybody could be exposed, the word is thrown around so freely it's stupid. Ward is special but I find it funny how alleged fans of the sport say Broner got exposed or Ward will be exposed or this fighter is or will be exposed. I can feel the jealousy and envy from the words

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 19 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #446

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 18 2013, 07:24 PM) *
they were probably like most in disbelief that AB was getting his ass handed to him. AB should fight Shane Moseley to get his confidence back and do a rematch with Maidana.

Cut the shit, he gave as good as he got, he just lost

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 19 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #447

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 19 2013, 09:24 PM) *
Watch it again, Maidana put his elbow in Adrien's face first....neither was a saint in there but I called it in this thread when Maidana did it. Adrien just responded to it,...I don't hear nobody talking about the multiple low blows from Marcos or the fact that he was hitting behind the head though lol

Oh no doubt about it Chi, those low blows was clear to me on fight night, along with the headbutt, rabid punches, holding while hitting etc. In this fight we can pretty much point out dirty fighting 101 on both sides if we wanted, but the fact is the ref let them fight how ever the hell they wanted to and the only point to be deducted was for Maidana.

I'm re-watching the fight right now and picked up on the forearm though +1.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 19 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #448

Cruiserweight

Stafford was about 95% right in that interview...but some of his comments like Maidana cheating and Adrien fighting clean was pure bullshit. He got his mom goggles on. He only see the good in Adrien, and that's not a bad thing but hopefully he's not enabling him. He's known Broner since he was young so they're connection runs deep...now the stuff he said about Floyd Sr and Roger, eh, I guess he was just speaking his truth. Just like the Mayweather's were speaking their truth in their opinion of Broner.

I don't know what to make of his comments about Floyd and Broner having similarities. I think he's copied somewhat from Floyd but at closer glance you can see the differences in style between the two. Can't deny that. Bernard Hopkins said the same thing that Stafford said, I'll take his word over almost anybody. All in all it was a good interview but his emotions boiled over it seems. Everyboy has their breaking point and I think his was when the reports came out about Floyd Sr wanting to train Adrien

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 20 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #449

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 19 2013, 05:04 AM) *
thats not the part that bothered me, i understand hes standing up for his fighters, but he's saying that Maidanas on either PEDs or drugs or whatever. Sore motherfucking loser.

Yeah, that part sort of came out of left field. If someone is gonna have there suspicions on a fighter or the guy in his corner, why would they agree to fight in Texas who's commission already has a bad rep in the sport. This fight could've easily been set in Vegas.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 20 2013, 12:42 AM
Post #450

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 19 2013, 08:41 PM) *
Cut the shit, he gave as good as he got, he just lost

I don't recall me saying AB didn't show up and hold his own. What I am saying no one including you expected the ass kicking Maidana gave AB. I for one did not expect the type of fight that was displayed. But Band Camp foe life.

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:10 PM