IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Broner vs. Maidana-SPOILERS, Update:1.3 Million View Fight! Third Highest on Record (Page 42)
klonopinz
post Dec 20 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #451

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 19 2013, 11:40 PM) *
Truth be told anybody could be exposed, the word is thrown around so freely it's stupid. Ward is special but I find it funny how alleged fans of the sport say Broner got exposed or Ward will be exposed or this fighter is or will be exposed. I can feel the jealousy and envy from the words

i dont know what happened in your past between you and the "e" word, but i can tell you absolutely hate the word, almost as much as you hate bradley v cotto. haha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 20 2013, 02:05 AM
Post #452

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 20 2013, 12:10 AM) *
i dont know what happened in your past between you and the "e" word, but i can tell you absolutely hate the word, almost as much as you hate bradley v cotto. haha

I'm fortunate enough to not have had the "exposed" label attached to me but I would go bat shit if I did lol

I admit I was pissed to see people trying to put that label on Ward because it appears as if they're just plotting on his downfall but they're going to be waiting for ever foe that because Ward is not Broner and that's obvious in the way he approaches his life in and outside the ring

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 20 2013, 03:51 AM
Post #453

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 19 2013, 06:10 PM) *
andre ward will never be exposed. he doesnt play games in the ring and its focused. Hes too good and hes in his prime, hes out of that young dumb cocky kid phase. hes too smart.

Partly true, but Andre is a proud/confident mofo. He sure doesn't get Oakland on people, but you can tell/hear the cocky-ness when he talks. It's almost condescending. But I mean what athlete atop their respective sport isn't a little cocky

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 20 2013, 01:42 AM) *
I don't recall me saying AB didn't show up and hold his own. What I am saying no one including you expected the ass kicking Maidana gave AB. I for one did not expect the type of fight that was displayed. But Band Camp foe life.

if that was an asskicking I don't wanna hand one out anytime soon, maidana took some hammers as well.

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Dec 22 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #454

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

I think at the end of the day everyone just gotta accept that AB got his first L, in a legitimate and acceptable way.

Some may argue that he's too young and inexperienced, or he's moved up too quickly, or that Maidana didn't really hurt him in the ring. But lets stop the excuses.
AB lost, his 0 is out the window, and he got hurt in the ring.

The difference between AB and Floyd, is that Floyd always finds a way to win. He's been with older and much experienced fighters in the ring and he's won. He's been with stronger opponents in the ring and he's won. Hell he's even been in fights where the judges were trying to set him up, but still he came out winning. No excuses. 45-0.

The problem with AB is that he's got a Big Mouth. No disrespect but you know what I mean when he's on the camera and all that. And when you got a Big Mouth you've gotta be able to back it up with 0 Losses in your career. No Excuses. That's the only way to do it. Otherwise people laugh at you and ridicule you and find it hilarious when you lose.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 22 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #455

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2013, 02:06 PM) *
I have yet to go back and watch the fight. I just went back and watched the ending, when Paulie was getting in his shit while everybody was trying to reserve their opinions...or speak them as professionally as possible. I'll admit, Paulie still classy, even when he pushes the envelope...maybe they put a bug in his ear after his loss to Broner.

Yes, 2012 was the year of storming out the ring for Cotto...then he comes back and beats a borderline bum in Delvin, and suddenly he has so much to say. At least Marquez still gives us interview, even if it's later in the closing of the telecast. They've pretty much added that into the telecast...if a guy refuses, then they'll catch them right at the end.

Still a clown, I see. He was being politically correct in most of his responses, but something about what he WASN'T saying, gives the idea that he still doesn't get it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though...the loss may not have fully set in yet, so I'll give him time to respond better.

Welcome to FightHype sir

Thank you, sir.

Just read the interview where FM was defending Broner. Lost some respect for Floyd (not that he cares).

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 22 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #456

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 22 2013, 11:23 AM) *
Thank you, sir.

Just read the interview where FM was defending Broner. Lost some respect for Floyd (not that he cares).

i think the intervie with stafford was ridiculous, sayign that that headbutt shoulda been a dq, bsecuase he knew his guy was losing and got dropped. On the pther hand, i agreed with most of what floyd said in the intervie. i liked ho he beasically shut down atever his pops and uncle said by bringing up there own pro records. floyd sr got his ass kicked a bunch of times and roger got ktfo by chavez so who are they to talk shit on somebody like broner, who has accomplished wat roberto duran has, armstrong and some other boxers. win 3 world titles and jump up two weight classes and win a title. that can never be taken away from broner, even if the competition was dog shit(besides paulie) thats not adriens fault.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 22 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #457

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 22 2013, 05:16 PM) *
i think the intervie with stafford was ridiculous, sayign that that headbutt shoulda been a dq, bsecuase he knew his guy was losing and got dropped. On the pther hand, i agreed with most of what floyd said in the intervie. i liked ho he beasically shut down atever his pops and uncle said by bringing up there own pro records. floyd sr got his ass kicked a bunch of times and roger got ktfo by chavez so who are they to talk shit on somebody like broner, who has accomplished wat roberto duran has, armstrong and some other boxers. win 3 world titles and jump up two weight classes and win a title. that can never be taken away from broner, even if the competition was dog shit(besides paulie) thats not adriens fault.

please don't even put him in the same league as fighters of that class.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 23 2013, 01:33 AM
Post #458

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

mr.chitown....my deepest condolences. sorry for your loss. the kid will be back.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 23 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #459

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 23 2013, 12:33 AM) *
mr.chitown....my deepest condolences. sorry for your loss. the kid will be back.

I didn't lose, and obviously he will be back

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 3 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #460

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Here we go again...now Brother Naz is defending this fool. He had some good points, but then again, dudes who are "loose upstairs" (read: throwed off, ignorant, hard-headed, knuckleheads, etc), don't need to be given much wiggle room to be enabled.

He had a great point about Broner receiving the backlash Floyd was supposed to receive, had he lost a fight...but that hasn't happened yet. Again, good point, but here we go with the 360 situation...whose fault is it that Broner is even receiving "Mayweather backlash"? Yep, you got it...Adrien Broner's fault. Why would people treat him as if he was Floyd, if he didn't try his hardest to mimic him?

On top of that, Floyd wasn't as annoying, he was actually entertaining at times. On the other hand, if Broner wasn't such a loudmouth, then he probably wouldn't have received all of the attention (good or bad) that he did before the Maidana fight.

Then Naz went on to say that he hopes that Broner doesn't confront any of these critics on the streets and do something crazy (paraphrased). I mean seriously, do these guys even hear what they're really saying??? If he (or anybody else close to Broner) knows how much of a fool he can be, then why not go to HIM and talk some sense into his ignorant ass???

This goes back to my point that I made recently in this thread...these people are trying to give us this truth talk, when they actually need to be giving it to Broner. I'm not even 100% sure that Broner learned his lesson from this, and he STILL hasn't given us the proper interview...screw all of that 30 seconds BS that he gave us.

I'm not looking for dude to kiss anybody's ass or discredit himself for being a fighter (because that's hard work), but damn dude, PROPERLY address the people that you want to "buy your fights" in the future...since you're supposed to be the "future of boxing". He needs to address everybody, whether they love or hate him...both parties are gonna line his pockets when it's all said and done.

Again, I cant stand these old heads in boxing (whom I have much respect for), defending this dude and failing to address him. All I keep hearing is, "he's still a kid" blah blah blah. C'mon now, Broner actually became a REAL fighter after that loss...at least he was supposed to take it that way.

He fought back and ended the fight on his feet, but this whole "he went out like a champion" nonsense is absurd...he went out like a turd after he lost. I will ALWAYS give fighters credit for even stepping in the ring, but sore losers burn me up.

As consumers, I feel that we should be able to voice or concerns, opinions, etc. I agree that some people take it too far, but without us paying attention (first), giving time, and spending our money on premium cable and PPVS...we should be able to say whatever (not literally, lol). Without us, who would Mayweather, Pacquiao, ODLH, Cotto, or even Broner be???

As far as I'm concerned, I pay an additional $40 per month (for all of my premium channels), $60 per month for internet (to watch fights, interviews, post on forums, etc), and 60-75 dollars (plus food & drinks) on any given month to order PPVS...so yes, fans can have opinions (tasteful ones, at least).

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 06:26 AM