Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2013 as one of the greates Years in Ring history
The Original MrF...
post Dec 15 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

This was a spectacular year because we got the fights we wanted in most cases. This year we got Mayweather to test himself against a bigger guy who can punch at 154. He passed. We got Marquez and Bradley, which we wanted so very badly. We got the return of Pacquiao against a very game opponent. We got the return of Andre Ward in a meaningful fight. We got Garcia/Matthysse which was a war for the ages. We saw the rise of up and comers, Rigondeaux, Provodnikov, Shawn Porter, Adonis Stevenson, Leo Santa Cruz(AKA Margarito Jr.)and one of my favorites, Keith Thurman. We got the old bulldog still laying down the young cats in Bernard Hopkins in meaningful and competitive fights against top opponents. We got the battle of Brooklyn which we all wanted to see. We got a resurgance of tough guys like James Kirkland and Miguel Cotto. Then we got this gem as the exclamation point tonite. We got to see Maidana kick the shit out of a brash, loud mouth, hair brushing, trash talker who, if he's not seriously hurt avoided a post fight interview because his yes men have all lied to him over the years about being the greatest. I hope his jaw isnt broken and that he's physically ok after the fight, but let me be clear, if he's ok after this fight with no medical issues, an unapoligetic FUCK BRONER for not brushing your hair tonite after the fight in the post fight interview!!! His hair was really fucked up after all those left hook he ate tonite. Maybe his training should be boxing training instead of brushing his fucking hair and making horrible rap songs...

In my opinion, as long as we keep getting the fights we want to see then there is no reason 2014 cant top this. It all starts with Mayweather. Khan is NOT who we want, so I think most of us will be disappointed to see that fight. There are a number of HUGE fights that need to be made at WW since that is the Money division(no pun intended). And Maybe the Klitschko's reign of terror will come to an end next year, IF Deontay Wilder is any good. At least we should see him tested early next year to see if he's on that level to challenge Wlad by years end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 15 2013, 01:21 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

2014 could be even better! This was a great year for boxing....and tonight's fight put an exclamation point on a great year. I can't wait to see what the future holds for boxing in 2014

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 15 2013, 01:30 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

GREAT YEAR FOR BOXING. RECORDS WERE BROKEN. GREAT FIGHTS WERE MADE!

Brad/Provodnikov
Rios/Alvarado
Garcia/Mattysse
Mayweather/Canelo
Golovkin/____
BHOP/____
Stevenson/____
Kovalev/_______
Beibut did his thing tonight
Thurman and Soto gave us great figths throughout the year!
Broner gave us a new exciting energy/entertainement besides an aging floyd who isnt as entertaing. He gave us great fights too!
Mattysse had a great year
Garcia had a great year!
SOG CAME BACK!
Rogondeaux took us to school!
Santa Cruz gave us a great year and a great christmas
Donaire got EXPOSED
Scahfer put Kellerman in his place!
SHOWTIME ABSOLUTELY SHITTED ON HBO IN EVERY SINGLE WAY

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 15 2013, 01:30 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This was an amazing year. It's gonna be hard to top

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Dec 15 2013, 02:02 AM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

"One of the best fights I've seen in years happened this time." My grandfather said that and he's 120 years old. The guy has seen and been to some great fights.

Btw he said "Brawnner ate humble pie and shit stoppin lefts, Marcos Polos is great."

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 15 2013, 02:39 AM
Post #6

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 15 2013, 03:02 AM) *
"One of the best fights I've seen in years happened this time." My grandfather said that and he's 120 years old. The guy has seen and been to some great fights.

Btw he said "Brawnner ate humble pie and shit stoppin lefts, Marcos Polos is great."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 15 2013, 03:45 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

This year was loaded with great fights, under cards & story lines. I'm happy I ordered both Showtime and HBO this year. Even the earlier ESPN fights were good and now the Fox Sports fights. Best year since 2007 in the sport of Boxing and could easily be the best since the turn of the century.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Dec 15 2013, 03:54 AM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

It was an excellent year for boxing...this picture below was the icing on the cake for me!!
(IMG:https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s261x260/1503858_676941045672512_2087631643_n.jpg)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 15 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Dec 15 2013, 03:54 AM) *
It was an excellent year for boxing...this picture below was the icing on the cake for me!!
(IMG:https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s261x260/1503858_676941045672512_2087631643_n.jpg)

Damn !! The internet has been throwing some bombs ever since Broner went down the first time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This year has been awesome. To me it was all about Floyd. The Guerrero fight was meh, but the Canelo fight was very unexpected and it went how it went. He solidified himself as one of the 5 GOATs for good in my eyes. The fact that he is fighting this kind of opposition while signing the most lucrative deal is just unheard of.

Danny Garcia has also proven the world what hes made of.
I like Thurman coming up.
I like SOG in the ring again.

What remains to be seen is how Martinez will be doing when he comes back. I ve never liked hsi style as he is betting everything on his athleticism, which is not a good approach if you are 30+ and I am curious to see how it will go.

I think 2014 will be even better!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Dec 15 2013, 08:20 AM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 15 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

http://instagram.com/p/h7hoPEBaVQ/

Broner Maidana was icing on the cake. Check out this video of maidana's corner that i came across on instagram.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:56 PM