Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner better get FLOYD SR, If he wants to realize his potential
klonopinz
post Dec 15 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

i think the problem is broners ego not mike stafford. he think he knows everything and he doesnt. he doesnt seem to realize he is inexperienced and very green. he acts like hes a veteran, and hes far from it. i hope this was a wake up call, kid needs to be a student of the game and learn. he acts like he has skipped floyds hole middle career and is at the level maywetaher was at when he fought oscar, thats ho adreen acts. he doesnt seem to realize that shit takes time, and he learned it the hard way. sucks for boxing, but also great for boxing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 15 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 02:52 PM) *
His corner seemed inept.. It is not unusual for people to suggest new trainers, especially after seeing his corner appear as if they never were in a championship fight before... Stafford? I never paid attention to his corner until yesterday... he was able to get by against the midgets he was facing and pillow fisted Paulie, yet his corner did nothing to help him against a killer in the ring like Maidana

You do know that I'm about to use this very point and make mine, right?

It reminds me of that saying, and I paraphrase, "No one notices when you're doing good, until you mess up".

His corner showed urgency, but it was him who told them to chill out. Now, I will go back and watch the fight again, because I haven't seen it since last night, but I can almost bet that it was a bunch of people talking at once (in his corner), or he wasn't listening. I remember a few of the instructions, but not all of them.

QUOTE (truth @ Dec 15 2013, 03:05 PM) *
I said he lacked discipline because of his out of the ring activity this experience has humbled him and i hope he is ready to reach for greatness now sr would be an asset to broner in his corner because he is defensive minded and would teach him better movement its not that were reaching Chsel just can't deny what we saw

How do we know that this experience has truly humbled him?

As soon as a guy loses, guys automatically start talking about a new trainer. Stafford's gotten Broner this far, so why add something new because Broner went out there with the wrong state of mind? Just like I heard a pastor say about people who pray for riches..."If you're a fool with $10, then do you really think that God is gonna bless you with more money?"

The same goes for Broner, if he can't thrive under Stafford's tutelage, then how do you expect him to thrive under Sr.'s??? It had more to do with what Broner didn't do last night, than what Stafford couldn't provide between rounds.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 15 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 09:04 AM) *
The mofos in his corner don't know shit about boxing.. horrible instructions.. no real strategy... Broner needs Floyd SR.... now- If not he could be finished before he is 25 if he keeps taking punishment like he did against Maidana... rematch with Floyd Sr at the helm

You know you my boy but you trippin. Mike Stafford is a well respected trainer and trust when I tell you he knows his stuff. Professor knows more about him then I do but he got some youngins in hsi gym now that's gon be very well if they decide to go pro. He knows his stuff. He told Broner the truth and gave him good, sound advice. Maidana was just the better fighter last night

You think he will be finished before he's 25 and he's 24, damn that's a short ride lol

Let me tell you what I would work on with this kid. I'd teach him how to fight on the inside. His inside game is wack, I'd also have him working off that jab, he doesn't use it enough imo. He has a decent jab but he falls in love with power shots. His footwork...he has avg footwork but it needs to improve. with improved footwork he might have won last night and he definitely could've avoided some of those hellacious shots he took

I'd stress to him the true use of the shoulder roll and the importance of not going straight back. He has a tendency to pull straight back and not roll with shots at times and it cost him last night. I'd also show him how to move out of the way of these big punchers. He knows how but he don't do it. He's not flat footed. He's very quick of feet but he wants to bang with everybody. How'd that work out for him lol...he showed movement late and too late in the fight.

That's just some of the things I'd work on with him, oh and defense. He can get better. He's not a bad defender but he can make his fights alot more easier with better defense and less show boating. I wouldn't mind seeing him in with Maidana again, it's things I see in that fight where he can win easy and I stress EASY by decision or KO

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 15 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2013, 03:02 PM) *
You do know that I'm about to use this very point and make mine, right?

It reminds me of that saying, and I paraphrase, "No one notices when you're doing good, until you mess up".

His corner showed urgency, but it was him who told them to chill out. Now, I will go back and watch the fight again, because I haven't seen it since last night, but I can almost bet that it was a bunch of people talking at once (in his corner), or he wasn't listening. I remember a few of the instructions, but not all of them.

How do we know that this experience has truly humbled him?

As soon as a guy loses, guys automatically start talking about a new trainer. Stafford's gotten Broner this far, so why add something new because Broner went out there with the wrong state of mind? Just like I heard a pastor say about people who pray for riches..."If you're a fool with $10, then do you really think that God is gonna bless you with more money?"

The same goes for Broner, if he can't thrive under Stafford's tutelage, then how do you expect him to thrive under Sr.'s??? It had more to do with what Broner didn't do last night, than what Stafford couldn't provide between rounds.

Stafford is a great trainer, I've been seeing this across the net too. 27 wins, plus a top notch amateur career and his fighter loses 1 fight and he needs to drop him. That's ridiculous. I agree with your statement about nobody noticing the good until you mess up. It's definitely in effect here...Stafford is a great trainer and I see no need for him to switch it up. he can leave his father at home though

I don't know if he's humbled, I have my doubts due to his comments about not changing up his routine and partying ways. Only time will tell

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Dec 15 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #25

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 15 2013, 04:06 PM) *
You know you my boy but you trippin. Mike Stafford is a well respected trainer and trust when I tell you he knows his stuff. Professor knows more about him then I do but he got some youngins in hsi gym now that's gon be very well if they decide to go pro. He knows his stuff. He told Broner the truth and gave him good, sound advice. Maidana was just the better fighter last night

You think he will be finished before he's 25 and he's 24, damn that's a short ride lol

Let me tell you what I would work on with this kid. I'd teach him how to fight on the inside. His inside game is wack, I'd also have him working off that jab, he doesn't use it enough imo
. He has a decent jab but he falls in love with power shots. His footwork...he has avg footwork but it needs to improve. with improved footwork he might have won last night and he definitely could've avoided some of those hellacious shots he took

I'd stress to him the true use of the shoulder roll and the importance of not going straight back. He has a tendency to pull straight back and not roll with shots at times and it cost him last night. I'd also show him how to move out of the way of these big punchers. He knows how but he don't do it. He's not flat footed. He's very quick of feet but he wants to bang with everybody. How'd that work out for him lol...he showed movement late and too late in the fight.

That's just some of the things I'd work on with him, oh and defense. He can get better. He's not a bad defender but he can make his fights alot more easier with better defense and less show boating. I wouldn't mind seeing him in with Maidana again, it's things I see in that fight where he can win easy and I stress EASY by decision or KO

Ok...well Stafford.better get him to abandon the shoulder roll unless SR IS BROUGHT IN TO TEACH HIM HOW how to defend using it...

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 15 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 04:35 PM) *
Ok...well Stafford.better get him to abandon the shoulder roll unless SR IS BROUGHT IN TO TEACH HIM HOW how to defend using it...

Did Toney have Sr to teach him Shoulder Roll? He is not the only one who knows it man...

One thing I hate about Broner is as Chi pointed out is that he goes straight backwards. and when he is trying to avoid punches..he leans backwards as well. That puts a pressure and weight on his back foot and therefore hes not able to slide, glide and move with it when the situation demands it. That amongst other things needs to be improved. I think his trainer is capable of doing that...But it all depends on Broner, because he needs to admit to himself that his skill set is not complete just yet.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Dec 15 2013, 05:16 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 15 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #27

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

But what would Broner say if this was his PPV debut though?...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 15 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I feel the shoulder roll or not even the roll but using the shoulder to block punches is for some reason something that comes naturally, I remember when I first started boxing it was just natural to tuck my chin into my shoulder. I think the people that use it so successfully is that they know when to switch from the offense to defense and like somebody said in a earlier post or thread I can't remember, when to move,

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 15 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

floyd mayweather sr isnt the originator of this defense, there is a man named Nicolino Locche who was a defensive master that utilized some of the same moves, in fact i think floyd sr knows the basics, but money may took it to a different level with his incredible boxing instincts, and sr likes to try and take credit for it. how do you think sr learned it? from somebody he saw box when he was coming up. these arent new moves, theyve been around for a century.

it takes great refelxes and a great sense of timing to do it though, you need to be able to read ur oponent and react after he does, yet move before he lands. very hard to do. i just dont know if broner has what it takes to use it right, i think broner thinks it looks cool, and he wants to be like his idol, but he learned the hard way like berto, that its not to be used unless you can do it without thinking. back in the ponce de leon fight, broner was using a high guard, not the shoulder roll, he jsut started to use it a few fights ago, like the litzau fight or one of those. he should just go back to what he was taught, what stafford knows, cuz i know stafford is not a shpoulder roll guy.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 15 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Can't always blame the coach for a team's fuck ups. AB did not take Marcos serious. We all know this. If his corner is urgent and telling him that he needs to come on and he is telling them to chill out, it tells you the dude is that fucking cocky that he doesn't even know he is in deep shit. His sense of reality is foggy. He wouldn't even listen. And his body language was all wrong. I bet people are burning their bandcamp shit.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 01:13 PM