> Broner better get FLOYD SR, If he wants to realize his potential
mrchitown
post Dec 16 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #71

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 16 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Yea he got a bit overzealous with his argument lol. Tyson's corner in the fight might have been one of the worst I've ever seen lol.

As for Broner, I don't even get where he got "schooled". He lost a fight. Period. He came in with the wrong mindset both tactically and professionally and got beat. What I don't get is the people declaring this a revelation that he's not that good but then making a big deal about him losing. If you "always knew he wasn't that good" then why is this such a monumental moment?

The only thing that I found out about Broner that I didn't know before is his footwork. I always thought he was flat footed by choice. Now, I think he's flat footed and can't help it. He seemed to struggle getting out of distance of punches.

The worse lol

I think he can move but he, for what ever reason thought he could stand up to the power from a natural welter. He moved around in the fight but by then it was too late. He wants to walk everybody down but now he sees he can't do that. I want to see over his next few fights if he continues to fight flat footed. Because if he does then Maidana will whip him again and he may go on an epic losing streak.

He fought the wrong fight like you said. Maidana isn't a tough code to crack, you turn him and he's average. He should've did what Devon did, throw shots and turn him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Dec 16 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #72

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 16 2013, 08:46 PM) *
You are losing it, Don King hired them...why do you think he wanted Rooney and anything else that was left over from the days of Cus gone? King promoted this brotha brotha bullshit and you need to have blacks on your team. He was calling Cayton, satan and shit. Like who does that? Just because you belong to an ethnic group don't mean that's best for you or that makes you elite. King's argument there was stupid

Them 2 dudes he had Jay Bright and Aaron Snowell were clowns. King got him the shittiest corner probably in the history of boxing. Snowell let one of his fighters, and I believe it was after the Douglass fight...the fighter damn near got killed. He had no business training fighters. He may have said it but he didn't hire them. Don King did. I guess Tyson hired that tax attorney for his criminal case too lol..point the finger at King

Is there any positives one can say for Don King in the boxing game.. relative to Blacks in Boxing, did he help at all in any way? King is described by almost all as nothing but the Devil himself. My perception of King was shaped from the "When we were Kings" Documentary.. depicting his work with the African President in making the fight between ALI and Foreman happen, but all I get from people who seem credible is that he is a piece of shit??

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Dec 16 2013, 09:30 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 16 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #73

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 16 2013, 08:22 PM) *
Is there any positives one can say for Don King in the boxing game.. relative to Blacks in Boxing, did he help at all in any way? King is described by almost all as nothing but the Devil himself. My perception of King was shaped from the "When we were Kings" Documentary.. depicting his work with the African President in making the fight between ALI and Foreman happen, but all I get from people who seem credible is that he is a piece of shit??

Don King was/is a snake. He acted like he really wanted to make the fight in Zaire special but the truth is he just wanted to line his pockets

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Dec 17 2013, 08:40 AM
Post #74

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 16 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Don King was/is a snake. He acted like he really wanted to make the fight in Zaire special but the truth is he just wanted to line his pockets

I hear you... read a deep article on KING---

"They'll never give me the credit for what I accomplished!" King shouted. "Who else came out of poverty and desperation and got to where I got? Who else brought millions of dollars to young kids who didn't have nothing? Who has lived a life like mine? And still, they demonize me!---- DON KING

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/912367...aces-end-career

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Dec 17 2013, 08:42 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 17 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #75

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 17 2013, 07:40 AM) *
I hear you... read a deep article on KING---

"They'll never give me the credit for what I accomplished!" King shouted. "Who else came out of poverty and desperation and got to where I got? Who else brought millions of dollars to young kids who didn't have nothing? Who has lived a life like mine? And still, they demonize me!---- DON KING

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/912367...aces-end-career

Sounds like some stuff Broner be saying about him not getting credit

He's going to end up irrelevant like Don Kong if he don't tighten up that defense

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Dec 17 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #76

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 17 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Sounds like some stuff Broner be saying about him not getting credit

He's going to end up irrelevant like Don Kong if he don't tighten up that defense

History may very well record Broner as irrelevant sooner than later, especially if he does not get a Jab--yet really, will history record DON KING AS irrelevant?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 17 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #77

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 17 2013, 12:55 PM) *
History may very well record Broner as irrelevant sooner than later, especially if he does not get a Jab--yet really, will history record DON KING AS irrelevant?

Hate to admit it but Don King has done some good, he definitely won't be remembered as irrelevant because at one time he was the most powerful dude in boxing. But Broner could be going down the path to irrelevance. He needs not only to work on that jab but his defense, and stop pulling straight back when you fighting with such a wide stance

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 17 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #78

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 16 2013, 06:46 PM) *
You are losing it, Don King hired them...why do you think he wanted Rooney and anything else that was left over from the days of Cus gone? King promoted this brotha brotha bullshit and you need to have blacks on your team. He was calling Cayton, satan and shit. Like who does that? Just because you belong to an ethnic group don't mean that's best for you or that makes you elite. King's argument there was stupid

Them 2 dudes he had Jay Bright and Aaron Snowell were clowns. King got him the shittiest corner probably in the history of boxing. Snowell let one of his fighters, and I believe it was after the Douglass fight...the fighter damn near got killed. He had no business training fighters. He may have said it but he didn't hire them. Don King did. I guess Tyson hired that tax attorney for his criminal case too lol..point the finger at King

I did not know that. Okay, I was under the impression that Tyson had something to do with that corner. I thought he hired his friends. Thanks for the history

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 17 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 17 2013, 02:22 PM) *
I did not know that. Okay, I was under the impression that Tyson had something to do with that corner. I thought he hired his friends. Thanks for the history

No but he did admit that he stopped taking training seriously and doing what he wanted to do. i.e. things that Broner is doing now. Broner is in the 2nd half of his career right now, it's gut check time. He has to decide noe if he wants to be a really good fighter or an ATG. The talent and skill level is there, even the desire is there, but he's going to have to put in work to get it. It's not going to be handed to him

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 17 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

Well there appears to be a slight chance you guys get your wish

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2013/mayweat...-adrien-broner/

Funny thing how Floyd Sr has been so critical of him in the past and Roger wasn't...now this happens...

http://www.boxingscene.com/r-mayweather-ri...-he-beat--72845

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:23 AM