Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maidana vs. Mayweather, its better than Khan
un01
post Dec 15 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,229

A fight with Maidana makes more sense than a fight with Khan who hasn't done shit to earn a big fight. Floyd can avenge his pretend little brother and the promotion can easily create the illusion that Maidana has a chance of winning since he beat someone who fights like Floyd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Dec 15 2013, 09:57 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I'm with you. Mayweather-Maidana sounds good to me. Put Broner-Matthysse on the undercard and it would be even better.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 15 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd rather see this as opposed to a Khan fight, ';m not opposed to it

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 15 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Any real fight fan would rather see this fight than the Khan fight but money talks right now and the following that Amir has overseas in particular would draw bigger especially since many of them are also huge Floyd fans as well. Marcos to his credit does have a huge following in Argentina but I'm not sure he's at the level of SM over there.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Dec 15 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Not THAT interested, but I will say that Maidana is a better fight than Danny Garcia. I want to see Khan vs Mayweather just to see what would happen in the center of that ring. I want to see if Khan's speed and offensive output could shake Mayweather.

Maidana...meh. The only thing of interest there is whether or not Maidana's awkward punches could get through that Mayweather defense. My guess is that Mayweather would be on his bike more than normal and it would be an easy UD.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 15 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 15 2013, 07:19 PM) *
I like this match up. I mean why not? It could be totted as a revenge match. What do yawl think? It can do I know a million plus buys. And the Argentine fans would def travel for it. Why not? As an under you could have Thurman and Ortiz as a co main event!

I agree it would sell but do you know how many people think maidana is Mexican? Lmao, all the latinos would come out to support
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 15 2013, 07:26 PM) *
i was hoping more for thurman vs maidana, but id like to see guererro fight thurman on the undercard. the ghost needs to come back in a good slugger. as far as a fight goes though, e all know maidana has zero chance in hell, hes to predictable and slow. it would be baldomir all voer again.

I think Thurman handles maidana, he has fought to guys almost exactly like him his last two times out. And guerrero already turned down a fight with "one time" we all know why.
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 15 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Well I rather see May beat a guy who is coming off a career win and that has a belt versus some loud mouth glass chin asshole. And so would the public.

This is pretty much it right here

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 16 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 15 2013, 08:44 PM) *
I agree it would sell but do you know how many people think maidana is Mexican? Lmao, all the latinos would come out to support

I think Thurman handles maidana, he has fought to guys almost exactly like him his last two times out. And guerrero already turned down a fight with "one time" we all know why.

This is pretty much it right here

Check, how bout one message board I was on some dude said "another huge win for Mexico" I wrote the dude and said Maidana isn't Mexican and the dude reply back "my bad, Mexican American" bandwagon fans.

For the record I stated Broner would take a L faster then any of the new guns that are coming up.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 16 2013, 01:08 AM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Broner-Maidana rematch, or Maidana-Matthysse, or Maidana-Porter (unification) sounds more compelling to me than Mayweather-Maidana. Even though it could possibly out sell the idea of Mayweather-Khan at the moment given this upset, in NO WAY do I see this fight as competitive for Mayweather as I see in Amir Khan, and even that fight I feel is probably 2 or 3 fights too soon for Khan.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 16 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Even Guerrero-Maidana I wouldn't mind seeing. The man (Maidana) is finally in the position of options right now and I don't think campaigning for the straight shot at the money pot (Mayweather) is smart right now, unless he's only lookin to cash out and not prove his he can defend or even unifying his WBA strap before hand.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 16 2013, 01:34 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 16 2013, 03:09 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 16 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Even Guerrero-Maidana I wouldn't mind seeing. The man (Maidana) is finally in the position of options right now and I don't think campaigning for the straight shot at the money pot (Mayweather) is smart right now, unless he's only lookin to cash out and not prove his he can defend or even unifying his WBA strap before hand.

That would be a decent scrap, remember it was suppose to happen but RG pulled out. I was pissed, already had my tickets ready and everything.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:34 PM