> Maidana vs. Mayweather, its better than Khan
Dolimite
post Dec 16 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 16 2013, 01:09 AM) *
That would be a decent scrap, remember it was suppose to happen but RG pulled out. I was pissed, already had my tickets ready and everything.

What about the Battle for Argentina? Matthysse vs. Maidana. I have been craving this fight for a very long time. The Khan fight is a shit fight. Speed doesn't mean shit and if Khan thinks the only thing he needs to beat May is speed, the dummy already lost. That chin of his will crack the moment May hits him with a check hook, a la Ricky Hatton. I am still holding out for Bradley. I know, wishful thinking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 16 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

man you can throw all 10 names in a blender and not come out with a bad card for may 3, there is just so many options its awesome. i would like to see guererro v broner, they were talkin some shit to eachother late last year.

mathysse vs broner would be awesome. khan vs mathysse too. hell mathysse vs thurman, maidana vs anyone. i cant even make up my mind right now. i propose this:

mayweather maidana
broner mathysse
garcia vs malignaggi
porter vs thurman

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 17 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

It seems I'm not the only onebwho feels this way or the assholes from yahoo read this board. They too think that Floyd should fight Chino. I still thimk this is a better fight than the than the Khan match.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 18 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Khan fucked him self over when he made the decision to skip Devon strait to Floyd...knowing damn well it wasn't 100% set.
enter Marcos Maidana, now that he's spayed one hated unbeaten he's now the man to give the same type of was whooping to money may(we here at fighthype know better)
But he's now freshly in our minds the most deserving and exciting foe for the job in may...and I'm wit it!

This match-up is heating up all across the internet and Khan is quickly becoming a non factor regardless of U.K. fan base.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 18 2013, 01:16 AM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 16 2013, 04:51 PM) *
man you can throw all 10 names in a blender and not come out with a bad card for may 3, there is just so many options its awesome. i would like to see guererro v broner, they were talkin some shit to eachother late last year.

mathysse vs broner would be awesome. khan vs mathysse too. hell mathysse vs thurman, maidana vs anyone. i cant even make up my mind right now. i propose this:

mayweather maidana
broner mathysse
garcia vs malignaggi
porter vs thurman

No lol. If I was Broner, I ain't taking that fight coming off the fight he just had with Maidana. Now him and Guererro, I'd love to see that. The trash talk would be insane and the fight would be great itself I believe

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 18 2013, 03:48 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 16 2013, 02:56 PM) *
What about the Battle for Argentina? Matthysse vs. Maidana. I have been craving this fight for a very long time. The Khan fight is a shit fight. Speed doesn't mean shit and if Khan thinks the only thing he needs to beat May is speed, the dummy already lost. That chin of his will crack the moment May hits him with a check hook, a la Ricky Hatton. I am still holding out for Bradley. I know, wishful thinking.

I'd love it. I'm a really big fan of Marcos Lucas and martinez. They all have unique styles and just seem to love to get in there and trade leather

I think Lucas gives Marcos more than he can handle, Marcos has a better style for the ams (lands a lot of punches, flurrys) which is where he best lucas a few times, but I think Lucas has the better style for the pros. He is an underestimated boxer with a lot of power and some pretty straight punches.

+Quote Post
kej718
post Dec 18 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #27

Amateur

Member No.: 13,674

Well he may end up fighting both next year Khan in May and Miadana in September.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 18 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #28

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (kej718 @ Dec 18 2013, 07:07 PM) *
Well he may end up fighting both next year Khan in May and Miadana in September.

I believe this will be the case, but I hope the order will be reversed.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Dec 18 2013, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 18 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #29

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I agree that I would like to see Floyd fight Maidana.

I also think that the hate for Amir Khan is a little irrational at times. Allow me to explain.

In a perfect world, it would be Floyd against Danny Garcia. Garcia has absolutely earned the fight by obliterating both Khan and Lucas.

However, the powers that be feel that they need to raise Danny's profile and get him a stronger fan base such that the PPV revenue is worthwhile.

For Showtime to make money off of Floyd, factoring in what is being paid to him for the 6 fight deal AND his cut of revenues, fights have to do north of 1.3 MM buys.

Ergo, it's in Showtime (and also Golden Boy's) best interest to search for the most fan friendly match-ups.

Garcia and Maidana absolutely deserve the fight more than anyone. After that, I would say that Erislandy Lara and Shawn Porter are also very deserving.

Khan is very likely going to get the call. The reason is that for all the hate he gets from people, the guy has a legit, worldwide fan base. He's Pakistani. He's British. He's Muslim. He's good looking and well-spoken.

He also has an exciting style, where he'll throw combinations from distance with great hand speed. Next to GR Jr., he has some of the fastest hands in the business.

Dumb motherfuckers say shit like, "Man, ain't nobody in England talmbout Khan, fuck outta here with that shit."

Idiots. There are MILLIONS of Pakistanis in England alone, not to mention Muslims of other nationalities. Just like how them people got behind Prince Naseem, they're going to support Khan and buy PPV.

That's what matters, Dollars and Cents.

Oh I understand your pain. I'm a boxing head just like many of you.

That's why I want Floyd to fight Manny Pacquio. Then I want him to fight Danny Garcia. Then I want him to fight Sergio Martinez, GGG and Erislandy Lara.

None of that will happen though, because we're talking about the only 2 things that matter to the parties involved:

Dollars and Cents.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 19 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #30

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 18 2013, 10:40 PM) *
I agree that I would like to see Floyd fight Maidana.

I also think that the hate for Amir Khan is a little irrational at times. Allow me to explain.

In a perfect world, it would be Floyd against Danny Garcia. Garcia has absolutely earned the fight by obliterating both Khan and Lucas.

However, the powers that be feel that they need to raise Danny's profile and get him a stronger fan base such that the PPV revenue is worthwhile.

For Showtime to make money off of Floyd, factoring in what is being paid to him for the 6 fight deal AND his cut of revenues, fights have to do north of 1.3 MM buys.

Ergo, it's in Showtime (and also Golden Boy's) best interest to search for the most fan friendly match-ups.

Garcia and Maidana absolutely deserve the fight more than anyone. After that, I would say that Erislandy Lara and Shawn Porter are also very deserving.

Khan is very likely going to get the call. The reason is that for all the hate he gets from people, the guy has a legit, worldwide fan base. He's Pakistani. He's British. He's Muslim. He's good looking and well-spoken.

He also has an exciting style, where he'll throw combinations from distance with great hand speed. Next to GR Jr., he has some of the fastest hands in the business.

Dumb motherfuckers say shit like, "Man, ain't nobody in England talmbout Khan, fuck outta here with that shit."

Idiots. There are MILLIONS of Pakistanis in England alone, not to mention Muslims of other nationalities. Just like how them people got behind Prince Naseem, they're going to support Khan and buy PPV.

That's what matters, Dollars and Cents.

Oh I understand your pain. I'm a boxing head just like many of you.

That's why I want Floyd to fight Manny Pacquio. Then I want him to fight Danny Garcia. Then I want him to fight Sergio Martinez, GGG and Erislandy Lara.

None of that will happen though, because we're talking about the only 2 things that matter to the parties involved:

Dollars and Cents.

...And Khan maybe hinting at this fight being a done now on twitter. Announcement expected on his side after the New Years.

"Announcements next month. Enjoying my last holiday with my family then I get shipped to training camp and all serious work. Ready for May"

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:11 AM