IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What does it take To beat Floyd Mayweather Jr?(Topics Merged), What Blueprint Do You Use As An Opponent? A Trainer?
bnoles4life
post Dec 19 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 19 2013, 03:51 PM) *
at this point the only thing that will beat Floyd is father time and a rape charge. other than that he may go undefeated. now a knock out fighter could fet him early.

See Jameis Winston.

The problem w/ a guy w/ a "one hitter" is, most of those guys depend on timing, both theirs and their opponent's. <<<< there in lies the "rub" w/ Floyd. He disrupts timing. He literally has dudes in the ring trying to counter HIM!!! Stupidest iiiiish on earth.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 19 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #22

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

What does it take To beat Floyd Mayweather Jr?-----> You're name must be Andre Ward. haha

Ive seen all Mayweather's fights and his most challenging as mentioned was Castillo, DLH, and Cotto. Judah was only good for until round 5-6...The first fight with Castillo only seemed close because Mayweather injured himself, but he still won decisively. DLH was the real deal, that was the closest fight I've seen against Mayweather till this day. DLH had the height, reach, jab, and aggression that Cotto showed but it still wasnt enough because he isnt the right person or atleast wasnt anymore...I feel retarded for not mentioning Augustus before; he did mention that was his hardest fight, but i also think that was when he switched from his dad to his uncle again so his style was more flatfooted.

If anyone were to beat Mayweather my number 1 is Andre ward. Out weighs him by 20 pounds but can match punch speed, footwork, defense. The #1 factor for Ward is that Super strong jab, he probably has the best jab in the game right now since its his strong hand. When it comes to someone who can match Mayweather in the ring only Ward comes to mind. I wouldn't be able to bet on anyone for this fight; i would pay to even see them spar together.

Lara gets taken out, and so does Rigondeaux IMO, they're chins dont look like they'd do too well against a solid Mayweather counter.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 19 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #23

Amateur

WTF you know what i just thought.

Why the F*** would Bernard Hopkins call out Mayweather for a catchweight 15 pounds lower than his weight but wont say anything to Ward who is one weight class below him? Or Adonis stevenson in the same weight? This shit is baffling me right now. Different Networks cant be the only answer.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 19 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 19 2013, 04:02 PM) *

Why the F*** would Bernard Hopkins call out Mayweather for a catchweight 15 pounds lower than his weight but wont say anything to Ward who is one weight class below him? Or Adonis stevenson in the same weight? This shit is baffling me right now. Different Networks cant be the only answer.

hopkins aint beating either guy and both men combined won't give the payday Floyd will.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 19 2013, 06:02 PM) *

Maaaaan...you done got somethin' started. Lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 19 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 19 2013, 11:02 PM) *

Because realistically Hopkins has a chance of beating Mayweather because Mayweathers simply the smaller guy, while shit he'd try with Adonis would get him KOed and shit he'd try with Ward would just end with the same coming back to him. But Mayweathers a smaller guy who he can lean on and what not. Also while Hopkins may not carry knockout power, Mayweather is still a smaller guy and would feel his punches.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Dec 19 2013, 07:31 PM

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Dec 19 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Somebody go and dig up Vernon Forrest. Boom theres the blue print right there. I just dont see that tall rangy fighter with a SUPERB jab out there.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 19 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #28

Amateur

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 19 2013, 07:51 PM) *
Somebody go and dig up Vernon Forrest. Boom theres the blue print right there. I just dont see that tall rangy fighter with a SUPERB jab out there.

Ward (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . He literally has a SuperJab.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 19 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #29

Amateur

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 19 2013, 07:31 PM) *
Because realistically Hopkins has a chance of beating Mayweather because Mayweathers simply the smaller guy, while shit he'd try with Adonis would get him KOed and shit he'd try with Ward would just end with the same coming back to him. But Mayweathers a smaller guy who he can lean on and what not. Also while Hopkins may not carry knockout power, Mayweather is still a smaller guy and would feel his punches.

Yeah that would be a rough fight, Mayweathers speed is the key factor but yeah the size would be a killer. but i was just dont understand Bernard really pushing for the fight when he has more than enough big fights within 10 pounds

If hopkins can call out Mayweather, Mayweather can call out Rigondeaux (basically someone 2-3 weight classes below him). I just think its hilarious. hopkins reminds me of my step-grandfather that just gets drunk makes random statements and talks to random people demanding they listen. Not saying he's not smart, just sometimes what he says i cant help but laugh.

I know boxing is a buisness but damn theres weightclasses for a reason. If hopkins wants Mayweather would he agree to a Klitchko fight too? Boxing would look like the WWE if there were no weight classes. Thank the boxing gods

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 19 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 19 2013, 08:15 PM) *
Yeah that would be a rough fight, Mayweathers speed is the key factor but yeah the size would be a killer. but i was just dont understand Bernard really pushing for the fight when he has more than enough big fights within 10 pounds

If hopkins can call out Mayweather, Mayweather can call out Rigondeaux (basically someone 2-3 weight classes below him). I just think its hilarious. hopkins reminds me of my step-grandfather that just gets drunk makes random statements and talks to random people demanding they listen. Not saying he's not smart, just sometimes what he says i cant help but laugh.

I know boxing is a buisness but damn theres weightclasses for a reason. If hopkins wants Mayweather would he agree to a Klitchko fight too? Boxing would look like the WWE if there were no weight classes. Thank the boxing gods

everybody wants to call out the smaller guy but nobody except mayweather and duran call out the bigger guys.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 05:27 PM