IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> End Of An Era: Vitale Klitshko Steps Back From Boxing, Where does he rank among heavyweight legends?
Gambit808
post Dec 21 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

So it's the end of the Klitchko Brothers reign as both being heavyweight champions...for now atlease. While Wladimir will certainly be gunning for that undisputed title (first since Lennox), it looks like Dr. Ironfist is stepping back from boxing for politics. Reigning for almost 10 years with his record standing at 45 wins, 2 losses, 41 KO's, if Manuel Charr is the last opponent we see him face, where does he rank among the great heavyweights? Is he in your top 10, top 20 and does his accomplishments in his career rank above his brothers at this point?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 21 2013, 01:45 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Well all we need is the other one to go and we'll be in business lol. They bore me to death but I will admit that they get a bit too mich flak from the fans. I believe and hope that they will both be more appreciated when they retire and the public has had some time to soak in what they witnessed in the careers of these 2 champions....but still, I want them both to retire lol

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 21 2013, 02:06 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 21 2013, 01:45 AM) *
Well all we need is the other one to go and we'll be in business lol. They bore me to death but I will admit that they get a bit too mich flak from the fans. I believe and hope that they will both be more appreciated when they retire and the public has had some time to soak in what they witnessed in the careers of these 2 champions....but still, I want them both to retire lol

Lol I can't front though, part of the reason can be blaimed on the post Lewis-Tyson era of opposition. Can u imagine how the Heavyweight scene would look without the Klitschko's up until now?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 21 2013, 02:09 AM

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Dec 21 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I honestly think Vitali is the better of the two. He didn't have those brutal KOs on his record and was dominant in the majority of his fights. I don't really even feel like he "lost" the two fights that put Ls on his record. While he might not have been as fluid to watch, he took care of business, had heart, and I think would have won if the two had fought.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 21 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 21 2013, 01:06 AM) *
Lol I can't front though, part of the reason can be blaimed on the post Lewis-Tyson era of opposition. Can u imagine how the Heavyweight scene would look without the Klitschko's up until now?

I know what you mean, it would be worse then it is now. That's why I said I hope they both get the true credit they deserve when they retire because they are a bit of an eye sore to watch but they are 2 great champions

I don't have either in my top 10 HW's of all time..I can see them being top 20 or top 15

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 21 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #6

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Vitali is top 10 IMO.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 21 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As much as I wanted one (or both) of them to leave the sport, I'm not sure what to make of this...it happened suddenly...I guess. Lol

The HW scene still looks frail though...hope it shapes up soon.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 22 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

always liked vitali, he beat the ass of guys his brother lost too. im glad hes goen now though because it shakes things up a bit. vlad is a sore to me as well, that restling match with povetkin and that shitfest with haye, that was a pain to watch.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 23 2013, 08:31 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I have been a fan of Vitali ever since he landed his first right hand against Lewis. Tremendous amount of power, granite chin, strong jab, size...and one thing I admire the most - he and his brother were always in SHAPE. Which is very uncommon in the HW division nowadays.

Boring or not, I enjoyed (and still enjoying) the champion run of the Klitschkos. It's a great feat for two brothers to rule the HW division like they did.

I hope his political career will thrive.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 23 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Solid and consistent. Very productive career and 1st ballot Hall of Fame. I would rank him top 25 Heavyweights of the last 100+ years.

I would put Wladamir in the same Ranking with upside of top 15 with the right opponents.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Dec 23 2013, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:59 AM