IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can You Image If Pacquiao Had Beaten Bradley?
Jovi2016
post Dec 29 2013, 02:20 AM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,036

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 28 2013, 07:53 PM) *
I swear I feel like I am on boxingscene.com with that statement. Was JMM not handling Pac, did he not knock him down and the second round (or was it the 3rd) round? Why do people act like Pac was just railroading JMM before the knockout. Nevermind that JMM outsmarted Manny into that knockout punch, never mind that he was looking for that punch the entire fight. The only thing that will stand out in their 4 fights is not thar BS you just posted, but Manny taking a fucking nap in the 6 round. Its boxing people get punched in the face. Danny Garcia looked like shit after his fight with Zab, Floyd looked like shit after his fight with Augustus and Cotto. Its boxing, Manny looked like shit after the Margarito and Cotto fight. Bradly looked like shit after the Ruslan fight.

That pillow fist Bradley beat the hard hitting Manny. And Manny's punches did not seem to hurt Bradley too bad. I love how fans discredit every boxer that Manny has lost to. The guy is God and he isn't that great. This is why I hate Manny is because of his fucking fans

Me? a Pacquiao fan? Thats new.

I'm not taking away from Marquez at all, i know Marquez is the superior strategist and got the KO on manny through a perfectly planned punch, i won money on that fight. But the way that Marquez won doesnt take away from the fact that he was getting bruised and broken for 40 rounds before that! I'm not saying that Pacquiao was going right through Marquez, but Pacquiao was putting that work on him. You gotta remember Marquez isn't the youngest person anymore and hinted many times at his own retirement, Marquez himself knows that if he fights Pac that if he fights Pac then even though the win is possible itll come with a price. He wont face Mayweather again because of the Humiliation, he wont fight Pac (yet) because of the war that it will take for the W.

Being scared of someone and not wanting to take punishment are 2 different things. He obviously isnt afraid of Pacquiao since he stepped into the ring with him, but Marquez knows he isn't gonna have a flawless win.....And like i said in the last post, i think its more that he's biding his time. He's definitely not in a rush to fight Pac since he most likely gets the KO again through a war....."There's nothing cool about taking punishment."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 29 2013, 07:11 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Sure, Bradley would be another guy who talked himself into a fight with Pac that shouldnt of been there

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 29 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 29 2013, 03:20 AM) *

I'm not taking away from Marquez at all, i know Marquez is the superior strategist and got the KO on manny through a perfectly planned punch, i won money on that fight. But the way that Marquez won doesnt take away from the fact that he was getting bruised and broken for 40 rounds before that! I'm not saying that Pacquiao was going right through Marquez, but Pacquiao was putting that work on him. You gotta remember Marquez isn't the youngest person anymore and hinted many times at his own retirement, Marquez himself knows that if he fights Pac that if he fights Pac then even though the win is possible itll come with a price. He wont face Mayweather again because of the Humiliation, he wont fight Pac (yet) because of the war that it will take for the W.

Being scared of someone and not wanting to take punishment are 2 different things. He obviously isnt afraid of Pacquiao since he stepped into the ring with him, but Marquez knows he isn't gonna have a flawless win.....And like i said in the last post, i think its more that he's biding his time. He's definitely not in a rush to fight Pac since he most likely gets the KO again through a war....."There's nothing cool about taking punishment."

You're trying way to hard.. you seem to know more about marquez then he knows about himself

Btw marquez has won more rounds than pac between their four fights Mr "40" rounds. pac wasn't having a walk in the park either, he got dropped bad before pac knocked Juan down and marquez kd was more so due to balance while pac landed on his back and on his face..

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Dec 29 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #24

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Well seems like Pacquaio is coming up out from under that IRS issue they just released that LIEN which means the IRS has started receiving documents it wants and is adjusting (lowering) his debt.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 29 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

This entire Top Rank debacle with Pac and Bradley is a product of Bob Arum's "Protective Matchmaking" (as I call it); Arum always protects his cash and mostly keeps it in house.

Bob tends to match the vast and overwhelming majority of his bouts as Top Rank fighter vs Top Rank fighter and with the Bradley vs Pacquiao bout he was so sure that Manny was going to win that he lined up his Cashcow expecting a dominating victory and a trip to the negotiating table with Floyd believing this would give him leverage but it backfired; as much as people are willing to blindly believe that Manny won that fight all one has to do is watch the fight in slow-mo without volume and the tainted and one-sided broadcasting by HBO and they can clearly see that Tim won that fight despite his bad ankles.

I will continue to pray that Marquez says no to the not necessary 5th fight with Manny and that Bradley gets the chance to prove that he beat Manny this time with better ankles so that we can start to put an end to this stupid fiasco in regards to who really won their first bout. Manny Pacquiao's fans are the worst on any forum they are on, they can see no flaws in Manny, in their eyes he can do no wrong and they provide all the excuses in the world for when he loses but none for when he gets served up a controversial win like in the cases with the JMM fights prior to the last one.

If Manny had beaten Bradley then we would've never seen JMM 4 yet unless someone else had clipped Pacquiao but Arum is a shrewd businessman and he would've made sure that Manny was allowed to continue to fight TR fighters only and gave him a far lesser challenge like an Alvarado or even Rios earlier than what he did because the Marquez bout would've been too risky (as we saw), he definitely would've kept Pacquiao away from Ruslan as anyone has cared to notice-he isn't even being seriously considered as an opponent though they may be name dropping just to keep people interested and Pacquiao's name relevant and they tend to do whenever they (Manny, Roach and Arum) throws Mayweather name out there.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 29 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #26

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 29 2013, 09:52 AM) *
You're trying way to hard.. you seem to know more about marquez then he knows about himself

Btw marquez has won more rounds than pac between their four fights Mr "40" rounds. pac wasn't having a walk in the park either, he got dropped bad before pac knocked Juan down and marquez kd was more so due to balance while pac landed on his back and on his face..

I dont disagree at all, I know Juan did an amazing job against pacquiao. Im not discrediting Juan for anything. Im taking all that and saying he did all that but you know how much it took for him to do that. He didnt get his first Knockdown on Pacquiao until their 4th fight!!!! that means the same guy was busting him up for 8 years prior he finally got his revenge (the 3rd fight wasnt serious punishment). Every round was a war in itself, he knocked out Pacquiao because he really wanted to knock him out, his will to win just showed through and it prevailed in the end, even through his broken nose and cut up face....Marquez didnt fight pac the 4th time because of the money, he fought because he wanted a decisive win, he got it now and he seemed very satisfied with it. I dont think he would fight pac again just for the money, or because he wants to give him another chance...I could be wrong, but i think he will fight him when he KNOWS he can beat him, that Bradley fight made marquez look like he needs a comeback fight too. Put Marquez against Rios next.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 29 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 29 2013, 12:20 AM) *

Juan usually gets hit a lot in most of all his fights. I have yet to see Juan not take punishment in his fights. It is how he fights and that is what he likes to do. Please stop acting like Juan was in serious danger. He was getting hit was shots so he could set up that knock out punch.He doesn't want to fight Pac because both fighters agreed that the 4th fight would be the last. It just so happens that Manny needs a dance partner that can make him 8 million dollars and fighting Bradley ain't going to give him that. The 4th fight was the last, not because Juan does not want to take punishment it because he did something both men were not able to do, win decisively. Juan won decisively. This Pac being superman up until the 6th round is tiring and discrediting Juan, its bullshit.

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Dec 29 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Well seems like Pacquaio is coming up out from under that IRS issue they just released that LIEN which means the IRS has started receiving documents it wants and is adjusting (lowering) his debt.

No, they started receiving payments. Big difference. How do I know? They would of said in a statement that all issues have been resolved. IRS are getting their money. He still has the BIR issue.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 29 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 28 2013, 04:53 PM) *
Hmm. I still need to rewatch the bradley fight. When i first saw it i thought Manny got the clear decision but Tim's credit he did survive and i was streaming it on shitty quality so its still up in the air, i havent cared enough to watch it HD yet. I think i may have tried by i fell asleep.

But Bradley and Marquez ppv did 375k-400k veiws, which isnt special but it is important since Pac and Rios ppv did only 500k and may even be lower. a Pacquiao vs Bradley fight will probably keep the number consistent with 500k the variable is Bradley, which i think has added a good amount of stock to his name for the rematch; That Marquez win was big, and it was a blessing in disguise for Pacquiao. The fact is it was close, his ankles were messed up, and apparently Pac could have done better; So there's a cliff hanger to the fight with the decision....I want to see a rematch between the two, but selling it is the focal point which i believe is easier than the Marquez fight at this point.

Marquez doesn't seem like he wants to get punched in the face by Pacquiao no more, he doesn't a broken nose or a cut up face again for the millions, even if he could get 1 punch KO with a less wild Pacquiao. If he would rather face a pillow fisted Bradley whose punches he could walk through for another PPV paycheck, thats all him. Maybe he hasn't spent all his money from his last fights so he's not so desperate, but he will be soon, or he's just waiting for a bigger offer.

What i think will happen. Sorry for my scattered thoughts but when i imagine now is next being Pacquiao vs Bradley 2. Pacquiao should be taking that this time, i think Bradley is more damaged goods than Pacquiao. Convincing win, then either Marquez vs Bradley 2 or go straight to Pacquiao vs Marquez 5. I think only after they both beat bradley in a rematch they should meet up again, highest Paychecks for both at that point.

IF and big IF GBP and TR do business to make a fight again, It most likely be Mayweather vs Pacquiao or Bradley only if Bradley isnt a free agent by then. And even if he is and he lost to Pac and Marquez in the rematch it wouldnt matter because he got the win over them its only value is to show the difference in styles if Mayweather were to Dominate Bradley (the guy who took W over both PAc and Marquez)....2014 will be very very interesting!!

Couldn't agree more with this statement. I'm staaarting to get the idea that this is why Juan is "refusing" to fight Pac again. He made his statement in the 4th, so in his mind, there's no need to revisit the situation...unless the money's right. Again, I've been hearing about this "$15M", but I'm starting to wonder why he hasn't budged...maybe because we're seeing how Manny's money has really been "paid out" over the years. As you mentioned, Juan's face looked NOTHING like it did after 4 Pac fights, after he fought Bradley.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 28 2013, 07:53 PM) *
I swear I feel like I am on boxingscene.com with that statement. Was JMM not handling Pac, did he not knock him down and the second round (or was it the 3rd) round? Why do people act like Pac was just railroading JMM before the knockout. Nevermind that JMM outsmarted Manny into that knockout punch, never mind that he was looking for that punch the entire fight. The only thing that will stand out in their 4 fights is not thar BS you just posted, but Manny taking a fucking nap in the 6 round. Its boxing people get punched in the face. Danny Garcia looked like shit after his fight with Zab, Floyd looked like shit after his fight with Augustus and Cotto. Its boxing, Manny looked like shit after the Margarito and Cotto fight. Bradly looked like shit after the Ruslan fight.

That pillow fist Bradley beat the hard hitting Manny. And Manny's punches did not seem to hurt Bradley too bad. I love how fans discredit every boxer that Manny has lost to. The guy is God and he isn't that great. This is why I hate Manny is because of his fucking fans

Juan was handling Pac in all 4 fights (in certain rounds), but he took a lot of punishment to do so. People are letting that 1 punch KO ruin their perception, of what was really happening in those fights. Pac DID railroad Juan before the 6th round KO, regardless of the 3rd round knockdown, Juan was on his to getting stopped before he stopped Manny. You're right, it is boxing an people do get punched in the face, but most guys don't fight each other 4 or more times either, so maybe he is getting tired of those stinging left hands that come faster and faster in each fight. Who knows...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 29 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 29 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Couldn't agree more with this statement. I'm staaarting to get the idea that this is why Juan is "refusing" to fight Pac again. He made his statement in the 4th, so in his mind, there's no need to revisit the situation...unless the money's right. Again, I've been hearing about this "$15M", but I'm starting to wonder why he hasn't budged...maybe because we're seeing how Manny's money has really been "paid out" over the years. As you mentioned, Juan's face looked NOTHING like it did after 4 Pac fights, after he fought Bradley.

Juan was handling Pac in all 4 fights (in certain rounds), but he took a lot of punishment to do so. People are letting that 1 punch KO ruin their perception, of what was really happening in those fights. Pac DID railroad Juan before the 6th round KO, regardless of the 3rd round knockdown, Juan was on his to getting stopped before he stopped Manny. You're right, it is boxing an people do get punched in the face, but most guys don't fight each other 4 or more times either, so maybe he is getting tired of those stinging left hands that come faster and faster in each fight. Who knows...

Juan and Pac gave good and took good. Juan looks like shit in all his face, he cuts easy and he takes punishment. When both men said the 4th would be the last fight, and the world agreed, it should stay like that. Just because the outcome did not go in the majority favor, does not mean the original plan should change. Juan won with a hell of a punch, his nose was split and his mouth was bleeding but he was still fighting. He sat on that punch and executed it greatly.

Juan looked like shit against Bradley, and Bradley has pillows for fist. But whatever. Its going to be a never ending story. How fuck up is this thread when Bradley is named in the thread but never mentioned? Bradley gets no respect smh

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 29 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Juan and Pac gave good and took good. Juan looks like shit in all his face, he cuts easy and he takes punishment. When both men said the 4th would be the last fight, and the world agreed, it should stay like that. Just because the outcome did not go in the majority favor, does not mean the original plan should change. Juan won with a hell of a punch, his nose was split and his mouth was bleeding but he was still fighting. He sat on that punch and executed it greatly.

Juan looked like shit against Bradley, and Bradley has pillows for fist. But whatever. Its going to be a never ending story. How fuck up is this thread when Bradley is named in the thread but never mentioned? Bradley gets no respect smh

How long have you been watching boxing D? When have fighters been able to make such calls, especially when they're under Bob's umbrella. Neither guy wanted to fight for the 4th time....neither of them. There's no "original plan", unless Arum makes it, and even he shuffles the cards every now and then.

Now, a 5th fight CAN and most likely will happen. Manny's gonna need the money, and seriously, that's the biggest money fight for him under the TR banner. Juan is STILL under contract, so he can piss & moan all he wants...he'll do whatever Bob tells him, unless he retires...which I'm sure he wont do on his own volition.

Let's get off of that one punch and realize that the show goes on...Bob is running the circus, and his fighters keep the show going. That one punch may have slowed down Bob's plans, but it surely didn't cancel or derail them. Let's be clear here, stop taking these fighters (read: contracted employees) and realize who's the boss and also realize that money talks.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:55 AM