IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Mayweather-Pacquaio Will Never Happen (Topics Merged), See Link on Page 2-Post 14. Clears up all the Gossip
Gambit808
post Jan 2 2014, 04:12 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Happy New Years FIGHTHYPE Community! 2014 is here now, 2013 is the past for boxing and won't be forgotten of coarse, but I also have a real good feeling going into this year. Im only basing this feeling upon the biggest event possible of the year 2014 as I've done at the end of 2012 for 2013's highlighted event Mayweather-Alverez with Mayweather-Guerrero/Alverez-Trout leading us up into "THE ONE". So, short and sweet, my opinion is that a certain Top Rank associated fighter and a Golden Boy Associated fighter will meet up in September...and yes of coarse, one of those fighters is Floyd Mayweather.

If there's one thing I can take from 2013 into this year is the pattern of Floyd's fights within a year, and something I noticed from Mayweather's current sweepstakes is that it sort of bares a resemblance to last years sweepstakes for May 4 between Guerrero and Alexander. Guerrero who was coming off a career defining win against Andre Berto as we know was chosen over Devon Alexander whom a lot of people felt didn't deserve to be in the ring with Mayweather judging from his not so impressive performances before hand. While it was starting to look as though the Alexander fight was going to happen, by popular demand, it ended up being to what we know now. A lot of people also forget Canelo's name was also at the end of that list being thrown around as well, while being the BIGGER draw of them all, many people felt him beating up on Josesito Lopez wasn't justifiable enough to be mention that soon either. Beating a then undefeated Austin Trout as we know made it into what it was then.

Now, Fast Foward to here and now and you may see where I'm going with this, if you haven't already. Khan/Maidana/Pacquiao is the current publicized sweepstakes for May 3, but the only difference between then and now is that Khan is still a better draw over Maidana even while he's coming off his career defining opponent Adrien Broner, while Devon Alexander compared to Guerrero at the time never really is/was, but never the less, between the two will lead into yet another "September To Remember" which in my opinion will be another potential record breaking PPV [drum roll]......... Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao given eachs own success in there early year fights.

Any thoughts?

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: Jan 3 2014, 10:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dre98
post Jan 2 2014, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 2 2014, 04:12 AM) *
Happy New Years FIGHTHYPE Community! 2014 is here now, 2013 is the past for boxing and won't be forgotten of coarse, but I also have a real good feeling going into this year. Im only basing this feeling upon the biggest event possible of the year 2014 as I've done at the end of 2012 for 2013's highlighted event Mayweather-Alverez with Mayweather-Guerrero/Alverez-Trout leading us up into "THE ONE". So, short and sweet, my opinion is that a certain Top Rank associated fighter and a Golden Boy Associated fighter will meet up in September...and yes of coarse, one of those fighters is Floyd Mayweather.

If there's one thing I can take from 2013 into this year is the pattern of Floyd's fights within a year, and something I noticed from Mayweather's current sweepstakes is that it sort of bares a resemblance to last years sweepstakes for May 4 between Guerrero and Alexander. Guerrero who was coming off a career defining win against Andre Berto as we know was chosen over Devon Alexander whom a lot of people felt didn't deserve to be in the ring with Mayweather judging from his not so impressive performances before hand. While it was starting to look as though the Alexander fight was going to happen, by popular demand, it ended up being to what we know now. A lot of people also forget Canelo's name was also at the end of that list being thrown around as well, while being the BIGGER draw of them all, many people felt him beating up on Josesito Lopez wasn't justifiable enough to be mention that soon either. Beating a then undefeated Austin Trout as we know made it into what it was then.

Now, Fast Foward to here and now and you may see where I'm going with this, if you haven't already. Khan/Maidana/Pacquiao is the current publicized sweepstakes for May 3, but the only difference between then and now is that Khan is still a better draw over Maidana even while he's coming off his career defining opponent Adrien Broner, while Devon Alexander compared to Guerrero at the time never really is/was, but never the less, between the two will lead into yet another "September To Remember" which in my opinion will be another potential record breaking PPV [drum roll]......... Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao given eachs own success in there early year fights.

Any thoughts?

I was kind of thinking sort of the same. In light to a sept to remember or May to remember when Floyd chose to fight cotto. Him chosing that fight I felt alot people were surprised. I'm curious to see if May actually choose to fight Khan or Maidana. It would be really interesting if floyd screws cotto over and fights Martinez in May. I feel like he has to fight someone that is gonna bring that same excite like his last two fights did.

Khan isn't cutting it especially off the few fights he had. I believe this fight is more sell-able if khan beat alexander but it didn't. I wonder if people would really buy that fight. A fight with khan is something I wouldn't want to buy. Skill wise it makes a nice fight but Idk khan lost his luster with his stardom.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 2 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 2 2014, 02:12 AM) *

Any thoughts?

currently Maidana is the bigger draw than Khan. Everyone knows Marco's name. Khan has not done shit. As far as May and Pac go. unless Arum dies or Pac grows a set, it ain't happening. The fight has lost its luster, but I am not the one to knock.another man's dreams. It could happen. The Knicks may go on a 20 game win streak. L.A might get a football team. Anything is possible. Keep hope alive. I never thought we have a black president. Anything is possible.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Jan 2 2014, 12:22 PM
Post #4

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 2 2014, 08:23 AM) *
currently Maidana is the bigger draw than Khan. Everyone knows Marco's name. Khan has not done shit. As far as May and Pac go. unless Arum dies or Pac grows a set, it ain't happening. The fight has lost its luster, but I am not the one to knock.another man's dreams. It could happen. The Knicks may go on a 20 game win streak. L.A might get a football team. Anything is possible. Keep hope alive. I never thought we have a black president. Anything is possible.

Grows a set? Considering the only person we've heard say no to the fight in the past year and a half or so being mayweather (the videos are all on this site btw) let's say he may be the one who needs to grow a pair and before you come with that well he ain't doing business with Arum if you as a legit boxing fan can accept that as an excuse fine..but me i'll call that bullshhh. Bhop got all sorts of revenge for a whole bunch of fighters by virtually putting an end to Don King and BHop has a wholeeeee lot more reasons to hate Don than Floyd has to hate Arum.

Floyd fights Khan in May and Maidana in september...or the other way around because May is pretty much the hispanic community fight so it may now be backwards and Khan gets pushed into a soft fight to keep active...if he loses his soft touch up he gets replaced by either a thurma (granted he can pull off another impressive win) or maybe Porter if he manages to hold on to his belt.

This post has been edited by DigitalBoom: Jan 2 2014, 12:23 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 2 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 2 2014, 11:22 AM) *
Grows a set? Considering the only person we've heard say no to the fight in the past year and a half or so being mayweather (the videos are all on this site btw) let's say he may be the one who needs to grow a pair and before you come with that well he ain't doing business with Arum if you as a legit boxing fan can accept that as an excuse fine..but me i'll call that bullshhh. Bhop got all sorts of revenge for a whole bunch of fighters by virtually putting an end to Don King and BHop has a wholeeeee lot more reasons to hate Don than Floyd has to hate Arum.

Floyd fights Khan in May and Maidana in september...or the other way around because May is pretty much the hispanic community fight so it may now be backwards and Khan gets pushed into a soft fight to keep active...if he loses his soft touch up he gets replaced by either a thurma (granted he can pull off another impressive win) or maybe Porter if he manages to hold on to his belt.

I'll go with this.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 2 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 2 2014, 09:22 AM) *

Before I get started on this post, let me say, no man who laces them up is a coward or lacks a "set." Now, the only person who originally said no was the congressman from General Santos City. The only man who did not take 40 million dollars was the congressman from General Santos City, but shit, when I am wrong, I too like to rewrite history. What I meant by Manny growing a set is his lack of courage to stand up to satan, aka Bob Arum. I wish, he would tell Arum like Bradley has done, JMM has done and Rigondeaux has done, who he is willing to fight and who he isn't willing to fight. He needs to stand up to his promoter, Manny is the one who fights, he is getting dicked on his purse and on his selection of opponents. It sucks

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jan 2 2014, 03:19 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 2 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 2 2014, 08:14 PM) *
Before I get started on this post, let me say, no man who laces them up is a coward or lacks a "set." Now, the only person who originally said no was the congressman from General Santos City. The only man who did not take 40 million dollars was the congressman from General Santos City, but shit, when I am wrong, I too like to rewrite history. What I meant by Manny growing a set is his lack of courage to stand up to satan, aka Bob Arum. I wish, he would tell Arum like Bradley has done, JMM has done and Rigondeaux has done, who he is willing to fight and who he isn't willing to fight. He needs to stand up to his promoter, Manny is the one who fights, he is getting dicked on his purse and on his selection of opponents. It sucks

I don't know why the dick Pac should take 40million, just because he hasn't made this much money before doesn't mean shit. Say this event came out at something like 250 million, you want Pac to take 40 mil and Mayweather to take something like 200 million? Come on man am getting sick and tired of people constantly bringing up the 40 million, a split of percentages is better. Mayweather always talks about Pac not getting a 50-50 split cause of Arum but he clearly as stupid as he looks since it's pretty obvious that Arum takes his shit from Pacs half, just like Roach would, etc etc etc. At this stage I still think it should be a 60-40 split but ah well. Also its funny how Delahoya who left Arum could work with him.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 2 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 2 2014, 04:21 PM) *
I don't know why the dick Pac should take 40million, just because he hasn't made this much money before doesn't mean shit. Say this event came out at something like 250 million, you want Pac to take 40 mil and Mayweather to take something like 200 million? Come on man am getting sick and tired of people constantly bringing up the 40 million, a split of percentages is better. Mayweather always talks about Pac not getting a 50-50 split cause of Arum but he clearly as stupid as he looks since it's pretty obvious that Arum takes his shit from Pacs half, just like Roach would, etc etc etc. At this stage I still think it should be a 60-40 split but ah well. Also its funny how Delahoya who left Arum could work with him.

I didn't say it was fair, I said that is what he offered.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 2 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 2 2014, 07:23 AM) *

No they don't. Maidana will never be a bigger draw then Amir and as far as his name, he has a good buzz going. That's about it. I'd like to see Maidana get the fight over Amir just like you but Amir even in his recent blunders in the ring, brings more to the promotion then Maidana

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 2 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 2 2014, 06:21 PM) *

It's been so much bull from both sides I believe it's unbearable for fans to take in. But I think the money he was offered at that time was fair. And I wouldn't even give him 60/40 right now. He'd get 35% and he should be glad to take that. The sport is a business and so if your Arum, or Koncz or let's say your Pacquiao. You come to me for a fight with Floyd and you say x,y,z. I'm going to counter what ever you say by saying you want more then $40 mil and you have never "officially" released you real PPV numbers, your 1-2( and many believe 1-3 if you include Pacqioa-JMM 3), in your last 3 fights AND you have tax issues in the U.S. and in your won backyard" *click* phone goes dead

We can say all we want about Mayweather and his ways but I question the validity of Manny's PPV numbers, his income from those fights, and the attendance at those fights. Basically, I think the dude is popular but not as much as his fans thinks he is. If I was in charge of negotiations, he'd take at most 35% with no backend revenue and stfu and fight

Does he even get backend money from his PPV's under Arum? If not, how the hell you going to justify him getting a piece of PPV revenue and other back end money when he not getting it now

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 2 2014, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:22 AM