IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Mayweather-Pacquaio Will Never Happen (Topics Merged), See Link on Page 2-Post 14. Clears up all the Gossip
mrchitown
post Jan 7 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 7 2014, 02:25 PM) *
For starters, they're going to market the Ruslan fight better because he's a blood and guts brawler. Bradley is definitely most deserving of the fight but I think Arum knows how to market Ruslan better.

He couldn't even promote Rios better and Brandon is known more then Ruslan. I don't see how a fight with him would bring him numbers. I don't even sig bet but I'd sig bet anybody on here them numbers don't even come close to what the fight with Timothy did
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 7 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 7 2014, 02:58 PM) *
I think the Bradley fight is their best option but I doubt they can sell that to the public. Bradley can't sell out the Home Depot center. He has a small following. Ruslan is a fan favorite... people love the way he fights.

Your being influenced too much by the HBO effect, Rios was and is a fan favorite too and how did that turn out? Just because you brawl and your in with a PPV attraction doesn't sell. The only one who can fight any one and have it sell is Mayweather. No way a PPV with him will sell more then even the first Bradley fight

If he wants to have a good chance of boosting his PPV numbers again then he should fight Bradley, if he wants another dud then he should go with Ruslan. Arum, like Franchize said may know how to promote Ruslan better because he prefers brawlers but that won't equate into sells

How you can't sell a rematch between Tim and Manny is crazy, Bradley isn't a household name but he's a helluva lot more known then Provodnikov

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 8 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #63

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 7 2014, 07:44 PM) *
He couldn't even promote Rios better and Brandon is known more then Ruslan. I don't see how a fight with him would bring him numbers. I don't even sig bet but I'd sig bet anybody on here them numbers don't even come close to what the fight with Timothy did

Brandon was coming off an L.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 7 2014, 04:55 PM) *
Your being influenced too much by the HBO effect, Rios was and is a fan favorite too and how did that turn out? Just because you brawl and your in with a PPV attraction doesn't sell. The only one who can fight any one and have it sell is Mayweather. No way a PPV with him will sell more then even the first Bradley fight

If he wants to have a good chance of boosting his PPV numbers again then he should fight Bradley, if he wants another dud then he should go with Ruslan. Arum, like Franchize said may know how to promote Ruslan better because he prefers brawlers but that won't equate into sells

How you can't sell a rematch between Tim and Manny is crazy, Bradley isn't a household name but he's a helluva lot more known then Provodnikov

Are people willing to shell out 60 bucks on the heels of a Mayweather fight to see Pac and Bradley or even with Ruslan. either way, I doubt if either fight sells out and he PPV numbers may crack 500k.

Speaking of Mayweather, this dude is going in on Pac and Arum, what they said must of been true, he felt totally respected by both men. That 40 million is looking juicy.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 8 2014, 09:31 AM) *
Brandon was coming off an L.

Which is why he got the fight, Arum picks fighters who he thinks will make Manny look good and Rios did that to an extent. That PPV would've bombed no matter if he had came off a win. TR card suck and like Mayweather, I don't think Manny is as big of a PPV draw as we are neing led to believe. He's put out numerous duds

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 10:26 AM) *
Are people willing to shell out 60 bucks on the heels of a Mayweather fight to see Pac and Bradley or even with Ruslan. either way, I doubt if either fight sells out and he PPV numbers may crack 500k.

Speaking of Mayweather, this dude is going in on Pac and Arum, what they said must of been true, he felt totally respected by both men. That 40 million is looking juicy.

I don't know but I know if I was the promoter and by me being in the business of making money I'd make the Bradley fight over Ruslan.

I saw that article on the front page, he's pulling no punches. You can tell he's not into doing ANY business with Arum. Notice he keeps saying Arum, he has a crdial relationship with Duboef. I'm sure if Arum wasn't involved we would've saw this fight by now. I also think that in his own way, Mayweather is telling Pacquiao what he needs to do to get the fight...Leave Arum! He keeps speaking of Pacquiao and most of it is disrespectful but he always goes back to his contract situation and him leaving Arum. Maybe Manny's listening maybe he's not

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2014, 06:43 PM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 8 2014, 02:52 PM) *
I don't know but I know if I was the promoter and by me being in the business of making money I'd make the Bradley fight over Ruslan.

I saw that article on the front page, he's pulling no punches. You can tell he's not into doing ANY business with Arum. Notice he keeps saying Arum, he has a crdial relationship with Duboef. I'm sure if Arum wasn't involved we would've saw this fight by now. I also think that in his own way, Mayweather is telling Pacquiao what he needs to do to get the fight...Leave Arum! He keeps speaking of Pacquiao and most of it is disrespectful but he always goes back to his contract situation and him leaving Arum. Maybe Manny's listening maybe he's not

Manny said the only way the fight can happen if he leaves Arum and the fight won't happen until 2015.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #68

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 05:43 PM) *
Manny said the only way the fight can happen if he leaves Arum and the fight won't happen until 2015.

Yup, but let youtube tell it he's already signed an extension. Now for him to be saying what he's saying and he "allegedly" has already extended with TR then he has to be dumber then even I have already imagined

Arum is good for dangling a big fight over a fighters head, but they only get that big fight IF they sign the extension, he did JCC Jr like that

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #69

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 8 2014, 03:52 PM) *

You know what is weird? No one from Pac's camp has disputed anything he is saying. Manny has real tax.problems. Psc is going to be on 30for 30, while Rob Arum and Koncz will be on American Greed. Floyd is going in. Sadly, what he is saying is true. Manny would be STUPID to sign with Rob Arum again. Loyalty my ass, Pac can't fight forever. Dude is going to be another James Tony. If Manny leaves Arum, he could have three major fights before retiring. Floyd, Maidana and Thurman, Ortiz, Broner, Garcia, Porter, Guerrero, Porter, pick any three from that list and it would make money. On the other hand, I would rather see Mayweather vs. Bradley anyway.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #70

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 08:24 PM) *
You know what is weird? No one from Pac's camp has disputed anything he is saying. Manny has real tax.problems. Psc is going to be on 30for 30, while Rob Arum and Koncz will be on American Greed. Floyd is going in. Sadly, what he is saying is true. Manny would be STUPID to sign with Rob Arum again. Loyalty my ass, Pac can't fight forever. Dude is going to be another James Tony. If Manny leaves Arum, he could have three major fights before retiring. Floyd, Maidana and Thurman, Ortiz, Broner, Garcia, Porter, Guerrero, Porter, pick any three from that list and it would make money. On the other hand, I would rather see Mayweather vs. Bradley anyway.

For historical purposes..and as much as I hate to admit it for the good of the sport, these 2 have to fight. Now I don't subscribe to the theories of nut huggers from both sides who say things like Pacquiao needs Floyd for his legacy and those on the other side who say Floyd needs Manny to be a real ATG. Their HOFef status has been cemented long before they were even on each other's radar. But when one looks back at the sport 50yrs from now, MayweatherPacquiao would garner more respect then Mayweather-Bradley.

A fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao, even though it's past it's prime, would bring so much attention to the sport. Boxing has had some great years recently and it appears we may be headed for another one this year. And if we were finally able to get this fight in 2015 it would blow the lid off of things. But neither one of them need each other. I'd watch Maywether-Bradley as well. I'd be happy getting 1 of the 2

If he does then yeah, he is stupid. I admire his loyalty as I am a loyal person myself but if history has taught me anything it's just because your loyal doesn't mean others are loyal to you. Kevin Garnett said it best when he left Minnesota. Sometimes you can be too loyal. Pacquiao doesn't even have to be the smartest just use common sense. All the players in and around his division play across the street, he doesn't have many yrs left in the sport and at some point Arum will cash him out. Which is why I think he trying to push Mikey Garcia as a future opponent. Any fight he has over with GB would sell and he doesn't have to sign with them technically to get those fights. He should have faith in himself instead of putting all that faith in others because he getting railroaded

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:20 PM