IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's The Hold Up With Martinez-Cotto being made official?
mrchitown
post Jan 4 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 4 2014, 06:28 PM) *
Cotto wants the big slice of the pie. I think he is asking for like 15 million and he wants the fight to be at the Garden, I don't think Sergio has a problem the venue but he also feels that he deserves a big slice of the pie. Cotto wants to be the A side of the promotion, I guess beating Rodriguez gave him the leg up. Arum ain't giving Cotto or Sergio real money. Arum might give them 3 million a piece and a coupon at IHOP.

Cotto is the A-side of this fight. Let's not forget that's he's a proven PPV attraction, he deserves the lion's share of the money from this fight. Now with that said. Martinez has said that his issue is that Cotto is not respecting him as the champion. I can see where he's coming from with that. It's his title and he can tell Miguel to fuck off and go fight another MW belt holder but we all know why he chose Sergio. Cotto's team isn't dumb, put him in with anybody else with a belt at 160 and he gets KO'd quicker then what he's probably going to get in this one

Think about it? If Martinez wasn't on his way out of the sport and hadn't of struggled and got injured, we wouldn't be talking about this they think they got them a clear shot to a MW title but to me even a banged up Martinez toys with Cotto. The only fights Cotto isn't the A-side is against Floyd and Manny. I think he should be the A-side against Canelo if they ever face off
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 4 2014, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

If Cotto take this fight for less than 9 milli he needs to shoot his management and do away wit his promotional company ASAP. GBP offered him 10. if its about the money he should have took it. if it's about his legacy he should take the fight and cut all the pampered star shit out.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 4 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cotto aint gettin' NOTHIN' close to $10M for this fight...let alone $15M.

I can see him maybe getting about $6M out of this, and thats AFTER gate sales and PR PPV (if applicable). Sergio wont get more than 3 or 4 million for this, and my gut is telling me $3M.

If we were talking Cotto vs Chavez at MW (which was somewhat entertained a few short years ago), then I can see $15M (or close) being discussed. Even then...that $15M would be SPLIT between the two of them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jan 4 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

Who the Fuck is Cotto's advisor? I swear it feels like I'm always disappointed by his business decisions as if I know him... He has no business fighting at 154 because he's just a blown up welterweight, he has stamina issues, and it's been proven that slick left handers are his Kryptonite.... He took less money to fight an opponent his team considers wounded. Sergio is going bust his ass for real. It's almost like Miguel is begging to be on journeyman status.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 5 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 4 2014, 08:27 PM) *
Cotto is the A-side of this fight. Let's not forget that's he's a proven PPV attraction, he deserves the lion's share of the money from this fight. Now with that said. Martinez has said that his issue is that Cotto is not respecting him as the champion. I can see where he's coming from with that. It's his title and he can tell Miguel to fuck off and go fight another MW belt holder but we all know why he chose Sergio. Cotto's team isn't dumb, put him in with anybody else with a belt at 160 and he gets KO'd quicker then what he's probably going to get in this one

Think about it? If Martinez wasn't on his way out of the sport and hadn't of struggled and got injured, we wouldn't be talking about this they think they got them a clear shot to a MW title but to me even a banged up Martinez toys with Cotto. The only fights Cotto isn't the A-side is against Floyd and Manny. I think he should be the A-side against Canelo if they ever face off

can't argue with you. I guess this is Cotto's chance to be a diva.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 5 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 4 2014, 11:11 PM) *
can't argue with you. I guess this is Cotto's chance to be a diva.

I guess it is. But Martinez is the one with the belt, you just can't expect him to roll over

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

Whatever way u slice it...both guys want to get this right. A loss for either is going to be detrimental. I think it's a good fight for both guys. While I agree that Martinez is the champ and deserves respect, it's Cotto who is the big draw in NYC and its Cotto that is taking the bigger risk in this match up. With all of that being said...I want to see this one play out. I'm a fan of both guys.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 7 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Cotto has the jab to trouble Sergio, but Sergio is one awkward mofo.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 7 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 7 2014, 05:20 PM) *
Whatever way u slice it...both guys want to get this right. A loss for either is going to be detrimental. I think it's a good fight for both guys. While I agree that Martinez is the champ and deserves respect, it's Cotto who is the big draw in NYC and its Cotto that is taking the bigger risk in this match up. With all of that being said...I want to see this one play out. I'm a fan of both guys.

Screw that, who ya got in this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 7 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 7 2014, 06:29 PM) *
Cotto has the jab to trouble Sergio, but Sergio is one awkward mofo.

That great jab and the fact that he's back to throwing to the body with bad intentions

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 09:42 AM