IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Magomed sue NYSAC, his corner and the ref?, He should!
Dolimite
post Jan 4 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

After reading an update about Magomed's condition I thought that somebodies fucked this dude over. The doctors are the main culprit. They did nothing to stop the punishment Mag was facing. They didn't even tell dude to go to the hospital after the fight was over. His corner should get two kicks in the ass. They saw their fight was done after the 6 round but literally forced him to finish. He wasn't responding to instructions and he wasn't even focused when they were talking to him. The ref, the ref saw that Magomed was done and did not wave off the fight. The judges and other ringside officials sat and watched this man take severe punishment. While Magomed showed great guts, he should of pulled an Ortiz and said fuck this. Now dude is just all messed up. He has a wife and three kids that do not know if their husband/daddy will ever speak to them. I think the NYSAC should be sued along with the promoters for that fight. It is a travesty and something has to be done. Can Magomed sue the people who had the power to stop the fight? Does he have a case? If you were in his corner or the ref what would of you done? I would of thrown in the towel by the 6 round or called the fight off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 4 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

He should sue NYSAC no doubt, maybe they will get their shit in order after someone kos their pockets.

Tapia should do the same

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 4 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Nope...he could've quit.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 4 2014, 08:29 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2014, 07:30 PM) *
Nope...he could've quit.

This is not valid. A fighter cannot be held responsible for what goes on in the ring, because he cannot see things from a clear perspective because he is in the fight, and his mentality of being a fighter will affect his on judgement. Not to mention the fact that maybe he didnt feel an imminent threat in the ring at that moment in the fight, but later on the damage set in. That is why there are ringside doctors and officials and a commision to oversee all these things and come to an educated and safe decision. I think the corner, the ref, the comission, the fighter himself, and the ringside doctor all failed. Magomed should have minded his defense. His corner should have stopped the fight after he stopped defending hmself and failed to perform instructions in the corner. The doctor should have looked at him more often and he shouldve been informed that magomed had suffered serious injuries in-fight. nobody communicated with eachother for the fighter's well being. magomed has an amateur corner, they are not professionals, they are more concered with saving face of geting their guy Kod or stopped than to save his health. mike perez should have motioned to the ref at some point to sstop the fight after he failed to defend himself. the ref shuld have seen magomed's face in beteen rounds and he would have known it as over. if that was bayless, he would have said hell no, un uh, this is over. i also blame hbo slightly for this fan friendly media blitz bullshit. i also blame boxing for allowing heavyweights to wear 10 oz gloves, i dont know if they were 20 oz or 12 oz, but it should be 12 oz at all times. no more 10 oz.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jan 4 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Yeah I think he should sue.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 4 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 4 2014, 08:29 PM) *
This is not valid. A fighter cannot be held responsible for what goes on in the ring, because he cannot see things from a clear perspective because he is in the fight, and his mentality of being a fighter will affect his on judgement. Not to mention the fact that maybe he didnt feel an imminent threat in the ring at that moment in the fight, but later on the damage set in. That is why there are ringside doctors and officials and a commision to oversee all these things and come to an educated and safe decision. I think the corner, the ref, the comission, the fighter himself, and the ringside doctor all failed. Magomed should have minded his defense. His corner should have stopped the fight after he stopped defending hmself and failed to perform instructions in the corner. The doctor should have looked at him more often and he shouldve been informed that magomed had suffered serious injuries in-fight. nobody communicated with eachother for the fighter's well being. magomed has an amateur corner, they are not professionals, they are more concered with saving face of geting their guy Kod or stopped than to save his health. mike perez should have motioned to the ref at some point to sstop the fight after he failed to defend himself. the ref shuld have seen magomed's face in beteen rounds and he would have known it as over. if that was bayless, he would have said hell no, un uh, this is over. i also blame hbo slightly for this fan friendly media blitz bullshit. i also blame boxing for allowing heavyweights to wear 10 oz gloves, i dont know if they were 20 oz or 12 oz, but it should be 12 oz at all times. no more 10 oz.

I agree with your points about who failed Magomed that night, but the rule "protect yourself at all times", applies at ALL times. I know that fighters have that warrior spirit and feel responsible for putting on a good show, but only Magomed knew what he was really feeling.

In street fights, there are rarely long enough breaks for both parties to regroup...let alone, 60 second breaks. A fighter is JUST as responsible for what goes on in the ring, than anybody else who has been put in place to protect them.

It's on the fighter to be sure of the outcome...that goes from relying on the ref, having confidence in the judges not to screw you over on the cards...and most of all, their own safety. I was always told in the workplace, if there appears to be hazards in the building, or I happen to sustain a minor injury (something as simple as banging my toe on the corner, or bumping my elbow), then it should be reported...regardless of how minor I think it is.

I was also told, "the life you save, may be your own". The same applies in the ring. How can you say that Magomed didn't feel an imminent threat in the ring at that time? He was in a fight, right? He did ask in between rounds, "Is my nose broke?", right? So yes, he felt something, and he had the chance to make the determination of whether or not he wanted to continue.

Magomed has to remember that, not only is he a fighter, he's a son, a husband, a father of 3 (I believe it's 3 kids), so his judgement should be THAT much better than fighters who can give a shit if they die in the ring. NOW, he can't be a father, husband, and everything else that he was before Nov. 2nd, because he had confidence in people who weren't wearing gloves and throwing punches that night.

How much do you wanna bet that every fighter who's witnessed that fight, will look out for themselves, before they leave it in the hands of others? He left his safety in the hands of "professionals" and his corner, whom was supposed to care about him and save him from himself (if need be).

Look at Pac's financial situation...he put confidence in people that he was paying to take care of his money, and we see how that worked out. Again, anything that's YOURS (wife, kids, money, health, etc) should be overseen by the owner...YOU.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 4 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Although he was losing the fight, he was game. The bulk of the blame should fall on his corner in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 5 2014, 12:17 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2014, 05:30 PM) *
Nope...he could've quit.

Dude, I think he was on auto pilot, fighting off of pure instinct and fumes. I think he clocked out. you are right, protect yourself at all times. but in this case, he couldn't. His corner needs their ass kicked.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 5 2014, 12:28 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 5 2014, 12:17 AM) *
Dude, I think he was on auto pilot, fighting off of pure instinct and fumes. I think he clocked out. you are right, protect yourself at all times. but in this case, he couldn't. His corner needs their ass kicked.

I wont argue with this point either...maybe he WAS on autopilot. Sad stuff nonetheless...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 5 2014, 07:58 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

id like to say yes because in this case its fair, unsure about tapia cause i didnt watch it. but this will lead to fighters taking advantage and suing over bullshit, which is lead to way more bullshit stoppages, since refs are thinking i dont wanna be the fall guy, which inturn will completely change the trajectory of boxing

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:18 AM