IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Magomed sue NYSAC, his corner and the ref?, He should!
Franchize
post Jan 5 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

It's on his corner. The fight was competitive for most of the rounds. The ref didn't stop it for whatever reason. That's when you rely on your corner to save you from yourself. They didn't. Period. It's almost like a football player returning from a concussion. The sport is based heavily on bravado. The athlete is conditioned to win at all costs and as long as you can breath, you can compete. You just expect the people you've sacrificed and trained with to be the wise heads prevailing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 5 2014, 03:28 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He should sue the NYSAC, the corner and the damn ref. He was done a great disservice that night....instead of fighting 1 opponent he was fighting 4. Maybe 5 if you want to throw HBO and their blood and guts theory in there

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 5 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 5 2014, 01:28 PM) *
He should sue the NYSAC, the corner and the damn ref. He was done a great disservice that night....instead of fighting 1 opponent he was fighting 4. Maybe 5 if you want to throw HBO and their blood and guts theory in there

I wonder if he could go the criminal.and civil court

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 5 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 5 2014, 03:13 PM) *
I wonder if he could go the criminal.and civil court

That's a good question. But what ever he has to do it needs to be done. This is an ugly situation and it put a dark cloud over boxing

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 5 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 5 2014, 01:52 PM) *
That's a good question. But what ever he has to do it needs to be done. This is an ugly situation and it put a dark cloud over boxing

notice HBO is tight lip on Magomed. I don't think Lamply has said much.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 6 2014, 01:19 AM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I don't know how to feel about this, I mean, no doubt Magomed took unnessesary punishment that can be blaimed on the ref or corner etc., but I think taking this to court is a bit extra. This is a gladiator sport, "the hurt buisness", and these are some of the effects that come with the territory if you're unable to do what every trainer teaches u to do as soon as u step in the gym to fight and that's "protect yourself". I think no one is to blaim more in this situation than the fighter who generally has the overall decision to continuing to fight. This sort of thing can happen to anyone who laces em up, I'm mean, how many wars have we witness in boxing far more hellacious than what we seen with Magomed-Perez, like Gatti-Ward, Foreman-Lyle, Corrales-Castillo to name the most notables, yet we never rallied for those fighters to sue there trainers or ref's and commission because what, they didn't come out with the same diagnosis as Magomed? These dudes live and die by the effects of the sport just like football and ain't no way around it because its the nature of the sport. There's charities and funds being raised for this mans health and believe that's a fair enough equalizer since these fighters know the risk and effects of going out another round more than anyone.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 6 2014, 01:24 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 6 2014, 11:51 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 5 2014, 11:19 PM) *
I don't know how to feel about this, I mean, no doubt Magomed took unnessesary punishment that can be blaimed on the ref or corner etc., but I think taking this to court is a bit extra. This is a gladiator sport, "the hurt buisness", and these are some of the effects that come with the territory if you're unable to do what every trainer teaches u to do as soon as u step in the gym to fight and that's "protect yourself". I think no one is to blaim more in this situation than the fighter who generally has the overall decision to continuing to fight. This sort of thing can happen to anyone who laces em up, I'm mean, how many wars have we witness in boxing far more hellacious than what we seen with Magomed-Perez, like Gatti-Ward, Foreman-Lyle, Corrales-Castillo to name the most notables, yet we never rallied for those fighters to sue there trainers or ref's and commission because what, they didn't come out with the same diagnosis as Magomed? These dudes live and die by the effects of the sport just like football and ain't no way around it because its the nature of the sport. There's charities and funds being raised for this mans health and believe that's a fair enough equalizer since these fighters know the risk and effects of going out another round more than anyone.

It's like you are saying in short words "Too damn bad" when an outcome of a fight produces what Magomed is going through it turns my stomach. Not only that, but too many people saw exactly what was going on in that fight not to step up and stop it, especially the ref, his corner and the doctors! The doctors didn't even tell him to go to the damn hospital.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 6 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 11:51 AM) *
It's like you are saying in short words "Too damn bad" when an outcome of a fight produces what Magomed is going through it turns my stomach. Not only that, but too many people saw exactly what was going on in that fight not to step up and stop it, especially the ref, his corner and the doctors! The doctors didn't even tell him to go to the damn hospital.

No, I'm saying the fighter himself shouldn't be left out of this blaim game. I'm saying he above all else knows how much punishment his own body is taking and would be well in his own right (and wouldn't be the first) to stop the fight if he felt it was to much for his own body to take... but of coarse, some fighters have too much pride to just quit from taking the punishment, right? yet some have the mindset to sacrifice their own livelihood for fortune and fame, but when things go wrong, everybody else is to blaim but themselves. I'm not just saying blaim the ref, the corner or the athletic commission, I'm saying the fighter himself is to blaim too along with them. I'm saying these guys make the choice of being a fighter and each time they step in the ring, risk being another case like the fighter in Japan or the amature in the Philipines and even though they're doctors and cornerman on stand by to HELP prevent things like this from occurring, it ain't the answer for cases like this NOT to occurr because it's the nature of the sport. If suing officials and such is the answer here, then we should never be allowed to argue the case of a premature stoppage. U got guys in the NFL who have full body amour in hopes to protect from injuries, even went as far as to tweak the rules to HELP prevent these situations, but does it stop these guys from getting injured or dealing with the after effects off the field? No, because it's the nature of the buisness and what these guys sign up for. I'm saying there's no one in this situation to blaim more than the fighter, then follows everyone else.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 6 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 11:51 AM) *

"Protect yourself at ALL TIMES"

It appears that Magomed is gonna be in a vegetable state...wonder who's going to look after his family...since he depended on others to look after his health. As many are saying, he was game in the fight (though he stopped landing after a while), but a fighter that's fighting back and not landing (all while getting peppered), shouldn't be allowed to continue, regardless if he's "throwing back" or not.

As somebody in this thread, HBO blood & guts agenda may have been the driving force here as well. Again, if Magomed himself didn't have to take that beatdown, but he had his mind made up that he was going for the long haul. As a father, if you wanna be the only one raising your kids and bedding your wife at night, then you'd make your own judgement as to when you've had enough.

Now another fighter is gonna make the conscious decision that Magomed should've made, due to witnessing what's happened to him. Sad...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 6 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 5 2014, 06:29 PM) *
notice HBO is tight lip on Magomed. I don't think Lamply has said much.

It's like I said, it's the blood and guts mentality that HBO pushes. Lampley said a few things about Magomed and that's all I remember

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 09:54 PM