Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pac vs. Bradley... Again
Dolimite
post Jan 6 2014, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

All reports are pointing to Pac vs. Bradley in April. I am not sure how I feel about this fight but I guess in terms of boxing it is a win win situation. If Bradley beats Pac, then we can scream for a Tim and May fight in September, this is the last fight on Bradley's contract so he could be free to fight May in September. However, if Pac wins, then there is hope for the people who still want to see May vs. Pac next year. I would like Bradley to win because, I honestly think he could give Mayweather fits in the ring. The guy always finds a way to win. So do ya'll like and why?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 6 2014, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 11:56 AM) *
All reports are pointing to Pac vs. Bradley in April. I am not sure how I feel about this fight but I guess in terms of boxing it is a win win situation. If Bradley beats Pac, then we can scream for a Tim and May fight in September, this is the last fight on Bradley's contract so he could be free to fight May in September. However, if Pac wins, then there is hope for the people who still want to see May vs. Pac next year. I would like Bradley to win because, I honestly think he could give Mayweather fits in the ring. The guy always finds a way to win. So do ya'll like and why?

Don't forget it's a way to stick it to JMM for acting like a diva lol. I like this more than the Ruslan fight and let's be honest here, it's the only fight TR can put together right now that makes sense, and hey, this will be the first time we see Pac face a guy coming off an impressive career defining fight at WW so I'm all in for this one. Make it happen!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 6 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 11:56 AM) *

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/BartScott_zps15ce185d.gif)

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 6 2014, 02:51 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

i like the rematch. i feel like tim's improved as a fighter and is more diligent in listening to his corner/following the game plan even after getting busted up and dazed. i think he still has some demons haunting him from the first fight, and obviously, this will just add fuel to the fire. manny, on the other hand, didn't impress me too much with his win over rios not really because of how he fought against brandon, but more of who rios is as an opponent. i think this will be a good opportunity for pac to re-cement his place in the top ranks of the division. and agree with the OP about potential opportunities for each fighter with money may down the line.

i do, however, think the fight with ruslan would be more exciting and appealing to the fans who want to see some heavy punches traded.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 6 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 10:56 AM) *

Why do you scream these lies bro lol.. Braldey and Manny's contract is up in December. THE END OF THE YEAR...you clearly don't read this stuff or have listened to Bradley in interviews, e's said the fight is not possible unless he leaves TR when his contract is up in December. Let it go Dolomite lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 6 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 6 2014, 01:39 PM) *
Why do you scream these lies bro lol.. Braldey and Manny's contract is up in December. THE END OF THE YEAR...you clearly don't read this stuff or have listened to Bradley in interviews, e's said the fight is not possible unless he leaves TR when his contract is up in December. Let it go Dolomite lol

I am hearing conflicting reports, I thought he had one more fight and then he is done? um

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 6 2014, 06:39 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 6 2014, 11:51 AM) *
i like the rematch. i feel like tim's improved as a fighter and is more diligent in listening to his corner/following the game plan even after getting busted up and dazed. i think he still has some demons haunting him from the first fight, and obviously, this will just add fuel to the fire. manny, on the other hand, didn't impress me too much with his win over rios not really because of how he fought against brandon, but more of who rios is as an opponent. i think this will be a good opportunity for pac to re-cement his place in the top ranks of the division. and agree with the OP about potential opportunities for each fighter with money may down the line.

i do, however, think the fight with ruslan would be more exciting and appealing to the fans who want to see some heavy punches traded.

busted up? Tim looked fine after the fight minus the two hurt ankles.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 6 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

We'll see, if Pac beats him we'll get the whole resounding oh yeah, Pac already beat him once...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 6 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 05:37 PM) *
I am hearing conflicting reports, I thought he had one more fight and then he is done? um

I've been seeing since last year that his contract is up at the end of 2014. There are articles and reports of him having TWO fights left TWO. Bradley has talked about their not being a possibility for a Floyd fight this year, and he said that last year. Now maybe something has changed but until I hear that from Timothy Bradley any other report is not even on my radar

All reports are that he and Pacquiao's contract is up at the same time, December 2014

If Bradley wants to fight Mayweather, he’d likely have to leave Arum before a fight like that could happen. And if Bradley has to sign an extension of a year or so just to get the Pacquiao fight, then you can forget about Bradley fighting Mayweather anytime soon. Bradley’s contract with Top Rank expires in 2 fights, and it should be up by the end of 2014, unless he suffers an injury that prevents him from fighting twice this year.
This is from boxing news

Whether He would Stay or Leave Once He Completes His Contract with Top Rank:
“We’ll have to cross that bridge when we get there. I’m tied into Top Rank for another year. I’m a man of my word and fulfill my contract. If it’s possible to sign with Top Rank, if they have options for me, then that’s what I’ll do. If not, then we look for better options. I’m not really worried about it now. I’m just going to take it one fight at a time and that’s all that I can do.”

This is a recent interview he did with tha boxing voice

he knows his contract situation better then anyone, and he;s said that he has fights left on his contract or a year left on his contract. TR don't like him no way so maybe they do throw him in with Manny and let him walk. But let's not forget that Arum is the king of those extensions, he will dangle a big fight in the boxer's face and wrap them up for another year. Whenever Bradley's contract is up it'll be interesting to see what he will do. But I think he has 2 fights left not one with TR

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 6 2014, 08:08 PM

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 6 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 6 2014, 06:39 PM) *
busted up? Tim looked fine after the fight minus the two hurt ankles.

was referring to his fight with provodnikov and reverting back to what joel was telling him in the corner after failing the first two rounds.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:10 AM