Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Robert Guererro Trying To Jump Ship
Gambit808
post Jan 9 2014, 08:54 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

What's up with this guy? Here he is in the most stacked promotional company today, he bails on a Thurman fight, he fought his last 3 fights as a headliner with his last being the most lucrative of his career and now he's looking to jump ship for a fight with Manny Pacquiao? Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting match up to say the least but my question is, if Arum is such a burden to most fans and this sports top 2 earners of all time in De La Hoya and Mayweather, then why do these guys still show interest in signing/dealing with him? The Pacquiao's, the Bradley's, the Cotto's, Marquez and now Guererro? I mean the old man must be doing something right to still have that sort of interest with these caliber fighters.

In my opinion, it seems like this dude feels as though he's in that echelon after the Mayweather scrap and won't settle for less than the big names, but GBP has a lot more of those on the come up than TR so I don't know, it boggles the mind a bit reading this up on the front page.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15909.html

Thoughts?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 9 2014, 09:05 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 9 2014, 07:54 AM) *
What's up with this guy? Here he is in the most stacked promotional company today, he bails on a Thurman fight, he fought his last 3 fights as a headliner with his last being the most lucrative of his career and now he's looking to jump ship for a fight with Manny Pacquiao? Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting match up to say the least but my question is, if Arum is such a burden to most fans and this sports top 2 earners of all time in De La Hoya and Mayweather, then why do these guys still show interest in signing/dealing with him? The Pacquiao's, the Bradley's, the Cotto's, Marquez and now Guererro? I mean the old man must be doing something right to still have that sort of interest with these caliber fighters.

In my opinion, it seems like this dude feels as though he's in that echelon after the Mayweather scrap and won't settle for less than the big names, but GBP has a lot more of those on the come up than TR so I don't know, it boggles the mind a bit reading this up on the front page.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15909.html

Thoughts?

All I can say is bye MFer....I can't stand dude. He knows he ass, he talked his way into a fight with someone who everyone knew was better then him and then he turned down a fight with Thurman. Probably knew he had one coming, I doubt he;d even fight Broner coming off a loss. For some reason he thinks he's in the upper echelon of the sport despite not being as good as he's advertising himself to be

As far as Arum, the greats say it best, either you #1 or you ain't shit. GB and Schaefer are the top dogs in the game. Who gives a shit about being #2? Notice Vargas jumped ship after some shitty performances, notice Marquez jumped soon after he got sparked by Mayweather. Or how about the fact that Bradley is managed by Cameron Dunkin who takes 99% of his fighters to TR. Cotto doesn't count because he was already promoted by Arum and now he's a free agent. If Arum was so good, why didn't he stay and sign and extension with him? Don't get me wrong about GB and Schaefer, they full of shit too but they got the heavy hitters in the sport. Me personally, why would I sign with #2 and they don't have any real live bodies for me to fight.

The big boys play across the street but it's very telling that those playing with the big boys jump ship when they lose

I say let him go, Schaefer knows how to build a fighter up and now Porter is coming into his own, they don't need a self-righteous asshole filling up space on their roster. He will go the route of Jessie Vargas. Vargas thought he was going to move into the big time when he left Mayweather promotions and how many times have we seen or heard from him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 9 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Fuck him...he begged his way into the biggest fight of his career, and barely sneezed on the motherfucker for 12 rounds. Period. Does anybody see where this is going???

1. Roach juuuust mentioned something about Manny possibly fighting a GBP fighter, and guess what's happening???
2. Guerrero gets out of his contract to fight Manny, which I don't believe will happen by April, but at least by the end of this year.
3. If he is out before April, then he'll fight a can-kicker on Pac's undercard, THEN fight him on his next card.
4. Doesn't this remind you of the Bradley situation a bit??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
5. By the end of the year, Manny fights Guerrero
6. The public will praise this fight, though they shit on Floyd for picking Guerrero
7. The day after the fight, the "Manny beat (insert Floyd's leftover's here) better than Floyd did".
8. In come the "race to Mayweather/Pac" fight
9. It STILL never happens...
10. Repeat the process

I can't blame Guerrero for going after money fights, but don't be SUCH a cunt while doing so...

Am I asking for too much here???

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 9 2014, 11:25 AM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

i've met and chatted with guererro in gilroy and he seems like a pretty nice honest guy up front. can't say the same about his punk dad. but yea, seems like he's wasting some prime opportunities to make some big (and win-able fights). also don't like the way he flaunts his sick wife in front of the camera every chance he gets. tell the story once and move on.

i think cshel has it right though...the fight with pac has a good chance of being made down the line. guererro's just trying to be sly and angle his way around things a bit. i'd be a little bit scared for manny if this fight were made because it seems like he doesn't really know how to guard himself in the clinch - this was the only time rios was able to find some success, and manny was getting tagged with dirty boxing tactics. all he did was turn to the ref and complain. robert's rough-and-tumble antics may give pac some trouble if he's able to get in that close...

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 9 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

forgot to mention...also CANT STAND the over the top christian references (no offence to those who are religious), but damn. robert should stop referring to himself as the holy ghost by printing the verse everywhere we can see it, he's not even a "normal" ghost in the ring so i don't know where he got that nickname.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 9 2014, 12:45 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 07:00 AM) *
All I can say is bye MFer....I can't stand dude. He knows he ass, he talked his way into a fight with someone who everyone knew was better then him and then he turned down a fight with Thurman. Probably knew he had one coming, I doubt he;d even fight Broner coming off a loss. For some reason he thinks he's in the upper echelon of the sport despite not being as good as he's advertising himself to be

As far as Arum, the greats say it best, either you #1 or you ain't shit. GB and Schaefer are the top dogs in the game. Who gives a shit about being #2? Notice Vargas jumped ship after some shitty performances, notice Marquez jumped soon after he got sparked by Mayweather. Or how about the fact that Bradley is managed by Cameron Dunkin who takes 99% of his fighters to TR. Cotto doesn't count because he was already promoted by Arum and now he's a free agent. If Arum was so good, why didn't he stay and sign and extension with him? Don't get me wrong about GB and Schaefer, they full of shit too but they got the heavy hitters in the sport. Me personally, why would I sign with #2 and they don't have any real live bodies for me to fight.

The big boys play across the street but it's very telling that those playing with the big boys jump ship when they lose

I say let him go, Schaefer knows how to build a fighter up and now Porter is coming into his own, they don't need a self-righteous asshole filling up space on their roster. He will go the route of Jessie Vargas. Vargas thought he was going to move into the big time when he left Mayweather promotions and how many times have we seen or heard from him

Guerrero is made because his pastor was wrong about how the Mayweather fight went. Dude got his ass kicked now he wants to take his ball and go play somewhere else. He should of fought Thurman but that would be 2 Ls in a row, his career can't afford that. The lights and the lost is fucking with his head... see Ortiz, dude thinks he is bigger than the sport, fucking pre Madonnas are rampet in the sport of boxing. If he thinks Rob Arum has his best interest, then he is a dumb ass.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2014, 07:50 AM) *
Fuck him...he begged his way into the biggest fight of his career, and barely sneezed on the motherfucker for 12 rounds. Period. Does anybody see where this is going???

1. Roach juuuust mentioned something about Manny possibly fighting a GBP fighter, and guess what's happening???
2. Guerrero gets out of his contract to fight Manny, which I don't believe will happen by April, but at least by the end of this year.
3. If he is out before April, then he'll fight a can-kicker on Pac's undercard, THEN fight him on his next card.
4. Doesn't this remind you of the Bradley situation a bit??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
6. The public will praise this fight, though they shit on Floyd for picking Guerrero
7. The day after the fight, the "Manny beat (insert Floyd's leftover's here) better than Floyd did".
10. Repeat the process

I can't blame Guerrero for going after money fights, but don't be SUCH a cunt while doing so...

Let Pac knock this fool into reality. Here is what is interesting: Arum is telling Robert to leave GB to get a fight with Pac, and no one says that Pac is making excuses and unreasonable demands on Guerrero. Isn't this the same thing Mayweather has been saying? Leave TR and I will fight you, but yet, everyone is calling Floyd a coward? I hate the double standard. Irony is what I like to call it...

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 9 2014, 08:31 AM) *
forgot to mention...also CANT STAND the over the top christian references (no offence to those who are religious), but damn. robert should stop referring to himself as the holy ghost by printing the verse everywhere we can see it, he's not even a "normal" ghost in the ring so i don't know where he got that nickname.

By calling himself the Holy Ghost, he is actually calling himself God (this is what the devil supposedly got kicked out of heaven for) and that is a no no among Christians. It is blasphemy to a degree.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Jan 9 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #7

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

People clearly don't bother to read...he feels he was entitled to more money which he would've gotten had he not had to give up his "promotional rights"..he was the mandatory challenger and according to him Richard Schaeffer forced them to sign an extension and give up his promotional rights to the bout...meaning he did interviews and GBP got a cut of those paid interviews he did as well as a cut of his bout payment. I highly doubt he wants to leave GBP, I doubt he wants to join Top Rank and I doubt they would consider him for a Pacquaio bout. If ya'll read further he's mad because they had an agreement and when they made him an offer for his next fight which the only option they gave him was thurman he felt they were trying to underpay him for that fight too. If you guys were saying Victor Ortiz it would make much more sense since his contract is up soon..he didn't have a disability clause that stopped the clock on his contract. They said the last 5 opponents..

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Jan 9 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2014, 10:50 AM) *

10. Repeat the process

PREACH! Guerrero and TR look like douches if the fight does get made. Explained the process and everything, *shrugs* well boxing is a business. THE NERVE OF GUERRERO! This guy has done absolute shit since he got smashed on by Mayweather and now he wants Pacquiao?! Dude is just chasing the money at this point

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 9 2014, 02:47 PM) *
People clearly don't bother to read...he feels he was entitled to more money which he would've gotten had he not had to give up his "promotional rights"..he was the mandatory challenger and according to him Richard Schaeffer forced them to sign an extension and give up his promotional rights to the bout...meaning he did interviews and GBP got a cut of those paid interviews he did as well as a cut of his bout payment. I highly doubt he wants to leave GBP, I doubt he wants to join Top Rank and I doubt they would consider him for a Pacquaio bout. If ya'll read further he's mad because they had an agreement and when they made him an offer for his next fight which the only option they gave him was thurman he felt they were trying to underpay him for that fight too. If you guys were saying Victor Ortiz it would make much more sense since his contract is up soon..he didn't have a disability clause that stopped the clock on his contract. They said the last 5 opponents..

Calm down bruh, that's your boo or something

This clown got himself in that situation if what your saying is true, he played himself, da fuck we supposed to have sympathy on this motor mouth ass dude. His lawyer is the one who repped him for the Mayweather fight now they suing. Somebody's lying here, we shall see

We only had the article on the front page to go off of until this came out, so miss us with that reading shit...

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerreros-lawye...-ali-act--73462

I see Guerrero's position but his lawyer put him in a bad spot if what Schaefer is saying true. Calm down fam, it ain't that serious

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

I don't like Guerrero because he's a little dip shit but I don't want to see him missing potential paydays. But listening to what his lawyer said and what Scahefer said, this could go either way and the only reason I lean in GB coming out on top in this is because the contracts are NY based because of the things Scahefer outlined. Guerrero's lawyer's rational was hit or miss in regards to that. It doesn't matter that he's a Cali fighter

Before I forget Fuck Guerrero! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 07:25 AM