> Robert Guererro Trying To Jump Ship
mrchitown
post Jan 14 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 14 2014, 11:26 AM) *
Garcia is willing to trade with Manny but doesn't want the Floyd fight? Okay.

Hey, doesn't Jessie Vargas get a shot! He is more deserving of a Pac fight then Gamboa! Typing that just made me really sad.

Talk about a shit fight! No one knows Gamboa, no one! They thought 450K PPV sales was bad. I think Arum is doing this on purpose so Manny can't pay his taxes. Cause no one will be making money, no one!

I don't know if I believe Danny is willing to cross over, but I can't totally write it off since Guerrero is trying to do it...I don't see him leaving though. Look at Andre Dirrell's career since he left Haymon. It isn't exactly rainbows and sunshine.

Vargas is the next Mike Jones, we won't be talking about him soon. We haven't been talking about him since he left Mayweather promotions technically

Manny will sleep Gamboa, I'm not sure that's a PPV fight. This would be like Tyson when he fought Peter Mcneeley..blink and it's over

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 14 2014, 05:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 14 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 11:48 AM) *
If GBP does a better job with their rising stars, then people wont have the "who tha hell is that?" look on their face, when Floyd's opponents are announced. Anywho, they're doing the same thing at TR. I've noticed that GBP tries to move their guys a bit slower, while Bob's guys beat the hell out of each other, and get a crack at Manny....that's IF they decide to pick the loser of the two. Lol

As for Mike Jones, yes, I remember them trying to build this dude up. He actually had some decent tv dates and fights, but that Bailey fight ruined him. As for what I know, Jones signed a few silly contracts (ranging from '06 or '07), which basically stated that as soon as he gets a title shot (or wins a title), his contract will automatically be extended for another 3 years AFTER it's end date.

I believe his contract ended at the end of 2012, but the mofo got ghost after the Bailey KO loss, and decided to not answer his other promoter and manager's calls. What sucks about that it, Jones had his title shot and he LOST...so his contract was extended anyway. I believe, had he won that night, he wouldn't mind staying with TR and being champ, but being the fact that he got dusted, his tune changed quick.

I'm not sure what's up with his contract now, but I think I remember him having a fight scheduled, and it got cancelled because of contractual issues. What a scrub...he brought that on himself.

I think GB does move their fighters at a different pace then TR but they do a better job in that regards of building their names and resumes then TR. Danny Garcia exploded onto the scene. In a fight he wasn't supposed to win. When was the last time that kind of thing happened with any one promoted by TR?

I think Jones had a fight that was scheduled for early last year and haven't heard a peep since and it sucks because I liked him. I thought he was winning the fight with Bailey up until he got caught. But now he's not even on the radar, another case of wasted potential

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 14 2014, 08:55 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Obviously none of these guys are on the same page, Roach said the other day that Ruslan says he'd rather retire then fight Manny, Ruslan says he ain't say that and he'd take the fight and feels he could beat Pacquiao. Koncz said that Gamboa was an option yesterday, today Arum says he isn't. Roach says Guerrero is an option to fight Manny and Arum says that's absurd. Don't sound like anyone knows what going on

And in regards to Guerrero, his father seems more willing to mix it up then he is. Though I think Floyd Sr would've tore him up lol....when talking about his son's future even he didn't know what's going to happen. The courts can be messy and what if it takes time, that could be bad for his career

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 14 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #44

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

guererro will be on the shelf for a while. i mean its already been a year and ere jsut hearing about this shit. its almost like ith ward, only difference is that goosen axtually needs ward, thats his biggest fighter, where as golden boy dont really need guererro, its just one less 147 guy in a stacked division which they rule.

edit: i dont think he wants to leave golden boy, but i guess he has to do this legal shit to get what he ants from them/

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Jan 14 2014, 09:28 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 14 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #45

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

According to Arum, only Bradley & Provodnikov are the short list opponents possible for Manny.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-guerrero-g...pacquiao--73629

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jan 15 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #46

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I fear Manny's health and career if he fights Provodnikov.

This post has been edited by sduck: Jan 15 2014, 11:04 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2014, 01:47 PM
Post #47

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ Jan 15 2014, 11:04 AM) *
I fear Manny's health and career if he fights Provodnikov.

He hasn't fought a dangerous fight in a while...it's about that time. Besides, he has the tools to whoop Ruslan's ass anyway. If Bradley can make his face look like ground chuck, then surely Manny can make somethin shake.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 15 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2014, 11:47 AM) *
He hasn't fought a dangerous fight in a while...it's about that time. Besides, he has the tools to whoop Ruslan's ass anyway. If Bradley can make his face look like ground chuck, then surely Manny can make somethin shake.

We still don't know if he has fully recovered from the KO shot. Ruslan will check Manny's chin, how will Manny react? Now if the two stand toe to toe I think if the Manny of old is still there then he will win. I think for the first 7 rounds it would be interesting,

Is your lady out of time out yet?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 15 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

STICK A FORK IN THIS BITCH MADE FOOL

http://www.boxingscene.com/csac-denies-gue...lden-boy--73672

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 15 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 15 2014, 05:38 PM) *

I can hear Reuben Guerrero now..."GB ran man, they ran to NY...like a chicken" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 09:01 AM