Gambit808
post Jan 15 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #52

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 15 2014, 07:56 PM) *
i would support a guerrero garcia match-up just to see the dads go at it

Haaa! That would definitely be a classic lead up to a fight. No doubt in my mind Angel Garcia would be the first of the two, to say something slick out of his mouth to get Ruben Guererro fired up lol.

Btw, that Kenny Bayless photo is classic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 15 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #53

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 15 2014, 08:18 PM) *
Btw, that Kenny Bayless photo is classic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

much appreciated. no one better than kenny "ass-out" bayless

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 15 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 15 2014, 06:56 PM) *
i would support a guerrero garcia match-up just to see the dads go at it

That would actually be a good fight imo

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 16 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 15 2014, 05:14 PM) *
We still don't know if he has fully recovered from the KO shot. Ruslan will check Manny's chin, how will Manny react? Now if the two stand toe to toe I think if the Manny of old is still there then he will win. I think for the first 7 rounds it would be interesting,

Is your lady out of time out yet?

Let's ease up off of the KO for a second. Be real here, Manny is just a little more careful about the punches that he throws, but in no way is he gun shy (so to speak). All of that wild shit came to halt after JMM made him pay for his carelessness, but Manny taking it down a notch, would be reminiscent of the Rios fight. He didn't look great, but that dude aint afraid to throw no punches.

Ruslan is there to be bit, but nobody's gotten his respect (in regards to punching power). The bigger question is, what will Ruslan do when quick and respectable punches land a little too often for his liking? Manny's punches still come fast as hell, though they may not sting as much as they once did. Point is, fast and accurate punches is another recipe for a knocking somebody the hell out, which could be Ruslan if he's not careful.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 16 2014, 11:21 AM
Post #56

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2014, 12:02 PM) *
Let's ease up off of the KO for a second. Be real here, Manny is just a little more careful about the punches that he throws, but in no way is he gun shy (so to speak). All of that wild shit came to halt after JMM made him pay for his carelessness, but Manny taking it down a notch, would be reminiscent of the Rios fight. He didn't look great, but that dude aint afraid to throw no punches.

Ruslan is there to be bit, but nobody's gotten his respect (in regards to punching power). The bigger question is, what will Ruslan do when quick and respectable punches land a little too often for his liking? Manny's punches still come fast as hell, though they may not sting as much as they once did. Point is, fast and accurate punches is another recipe for a knocking somebody the hell out, which could be Ruslan if he's not careful.

to me, pacquiao's only solid consistent punch in the rios fight appeared to be his lead straight left. i'm impressed that he's still able to get through the 5-6 punch combos, but didn't look like he was sitting down on his punches as much...looked like more of the pitter-patter, all-arm shane mosley punches. whether this is a testament to manny being a little more careful as you mentioned or his power going down who knows? he marked up rios, but manny of old most likely would have stopped the fight early.

ruslan has a couple advantages over some pac opponents like a strong chin and some heavy hands. he also has the advantage of sparring many rounds with manny, and while we both agree, sparring and real fights are not the same, i think ruslan can anticipate manny's feints and read his footwork better than others can. the same awkward angles and deceptive punches pac can land on his opponents might not work as well on ruslan, and i could see provod timing a big shot just right...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 18 2014, 04:20 AM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 15 2014, 08:12 PM) *
I can hear Reuben Guerrero now..."GB ran man, they ran to NY...like a chicken" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lmao

Im glad they shut this shit down. Now feed the motherfucker to Thurman. Even though rumor is they are trying to make guerrero porter

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 18 2014, 04:20 AM

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 18 2014, 11:15 AM
Post #58

Bantamweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 18 2014, 05:20 AM) *
Lmao

Im glad they shut this shit down. Now feed the motherfucker to Thurman. Even though rumor is they are trying to make guerrero porter

this one's getting stopped by a head butt

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 18 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Doesn't a fighter owe a promoter a fight atleast?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 18 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2014, 09:02 AM) *

Well, I don't think Manny is gun shy, he is a volume puncher but didn't he seem timid to you against Rios? It was like he was second guessing himself. How do I think the Ruslan fight would go? See Pac in all the other wars he has been in. I think both Manny and Ruslan can be careless but if they do fight, it would be entertaining.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:56 AM