IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner-Chino 2 (Broner-Maidana Rematch?), Will it happen and who takes it?
ryustuh
post Jan 9 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

just saw the tweets sent out by AB. kudos to him for wanting to jump in there immediately to avenge his only loss, but what do you guys think? too soon? ab's kind of in a sticky situation...jumping back down to 135-140 and mowing down the competition will hardly gain him anymore respect from fans, but staying at WW could be dangerous with all the killers in the division.

i actually think ab would take chino in a rematch if it happens. of course, broner cant afford to slack or clown the first few rounds. given that he started landing solid counters in rounds 10-12 that had chino hurt, i think if ab had a fresh head on his shoulders he would've dominated most of the fight from the get-go. the element of surprise is what finished adrien from the start. someone mentioned in the comments that if floyd doesn't face chino himself, he could put him up against lil bro' on the undercard, which would be sick.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karmine20
post Jan 9 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

I honestly believe that Adrien broner has the tools needed in order to defeat Marcos chico madana and anybody else. He just needs to be more dedicated to the sport and respect all of his opponents. His blatent disrespect of his opponents is what did him in. Remember there is a thin line between confidence and arrogance and he clearly dismatled that line. I understand this era is basically flat footed fighters but he needs to be able to box and move and not so willing to engage in brawls bc he doesnt have the chin he had at the lower weights. One would say that his chin was never affected bc he is now fighting better competition and then he wasnt ie the little guy he fought before demarco. I would also like to see to him make adjustments on the fly a lot better and faster but i also believe that could be apart of the arragance part.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Jan 9 2014, 03:43 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

The Quick rise and Fast hard fall of AB. Those initials are for anyone that fits the criteria.

If Broner fights Maidana or anyone else at 147 he loses, period. His body didn't grow into the weight like he shouldve done so the more he fights at 147 and just keeps his body there i dont see any improvements.

What could he do different that would expect different results? Probably actually use footwork but you can't learn footwork and grow a chin overnight. When everyone gave Broner flack for the Malinaggi fight, we were right, he wasn't impressive at 147 at all, and actually every fight at 147 exposed more and more weaknesses. Out of all his potential fights i thought Maidana was the easiest, imagine if he had fought Matthysse, Garcia, or Thurman; all 3 would put Broner to sleep. Broner was good the FIRST time i saw him, but he wasn't great just good, and has done worst every outing since.

People are forgetting that if they come back for the rematch Maidana will be hungrier and even better and more crisp than before since he KNOWS how to beat Broner. If Maidana can make that left hook and right straight look like Matthysse's then Broner gets slept, he cant handle Maidana's punches which were alot of the times off balanced.

Putting this fight on the May 3rd undercard would be very interesting indeed...I just really really really don't wanna see Mayweather/Khan am i the only one?

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 9 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Jan 9 2014, 03:43 PM) *
Putting this fight on the May 3rd undercard would be very interesting indeed...I just really really really don't wanna see Mayweather/Khan am i the only one?

i dont really want to see khan floyd either...but if it's actually possible to put broner chino 2 on the undercard, i'd have to give in and say yes. i think ab does need to work on his footwork as opposed to staying planted in the pocket all the time. but even moreso, he needs to learn how to protect himself from chino's wicked left hook. chino used the same feint/combo that cotto used against floyd. start off with a jab to the body. feint the jab and go upstairs with a hook. landed it every single time, and i'm surprised broner didn't catch on earlier.

if i were in chino's camp, i would actually diversify my plan of attack since ab would probably expect the left hook in the rematch. ab's counter to a looping left hook would be a simultaneous lead straight right. chino should feint a check hook to get ab to commit to a counter right, then double up on the left and land when ab's open. would have to take some masterful timing and practice, but i've seen it done by captain hook rjj. not saying maidana's even close to his level in term of boxing ability or speed, but could be done with enough practice.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Jan 9 2014, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

If Broner is focused and stops bullshitting and playign around then he can beat Maidana. Most on here was rooting for Maidana out of pure spite, now everybody's all of a sudden expert on shit lol. The truth is nobody in this forum was confident in their picks, I wasn't even confident in picking Broner and he did and still does have more upside then Marcos

I'm not going to give the BS that some are giving, Broner lost but he did't get dominated. That fight was close up until the 2nd knockdown and Maidana caught his 2nd wind. Everybody talks about how Broner looked in the fight against Maidana and this that and the third but no one talks about how he won the rounds AFTER the 1st knockdown, he was coming on until he got caught late in the fight and he won a round or 2 after that.

Maidana has improved under Garcia but as good as he performed I saw some of the same flaws that he's had previously, the boy just fades, he could've dominated that fight but he ain't got the motor to do it. And he's not hard to hit. Broner can win this fight niot even improving his footwork. He can beat Marcos by working rigorously on defense, moving his head, and upping his punch out put. If he throws more punches he could beat Marcos. Your not going to beat any welter with the punch output like Broner has...he better step his game up if he gets this rematch...it was an upset but it's being over valued by too many. Maidana won but by no means does that mean he would win the rematch. Just because he won the first one don't mean shit...it's plenty of fights throughout history to prove that point. Maidana has room for improvement too and that should scare the shit out of Broner

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 9 2014, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 06:32 PM) *
If Broner is focused and stops bullshitting and playign around then he can beat Maidana. Most on here was rooting for Maidana out of pure spite, now everybody's all of a sudden expert on shit lol. The truth is nobody in this forum was confident in their picks, I wasn't even confident in picking Broner and he did and still does have more upside then Marcos

I'm not going to give the BS that some are giving, Broner lost but he did't get dominated. That fight was close up until the 2nd knockdown and Maidana caught his 2nd wind. Everybody talks about how Broner looked in the fight against Maidana and this that and the third but no one talks about how he won the rounds AFTER the 1st knockdown, he was coming on until he got caught late in the fight and he won a round or 2 after that.

think those who have posted so far (cept jovi) agree with you that broner has a good chance of winning in a rematch if he stops dicking around, and that he was finding success later in the first fight. like you, i had ab as my pick going into the first bout. gotta hand it to team maidana and robert garcia that night...they had the more aggressive fighter, and i think they had a spot-on gameplan.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 9 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

If he stops training in strip clubs and bars.. I would say he has a good chance

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 9 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #8

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

if May picks Maidana then what? Broner was getting in Marcos's ass in the later rounds. If he fought that way from jump he would if won and people would be screaming for a Floyd and Broner fight.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Jan 10 2014, 12:09 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

The only reason i wouldn't take Broner is this: Everyone is saying that "IF Broner is dedicated/focused" etc. The thing is Broner NEVER proved that he was a dedicated elite boxer, he didn't seem disciplined at all. And the funny thing was that this fight he was saying "This is my BEST training camp ever", "I've never been more focused on a fight before." Broner doesn't adjust and seems to have the same mentality he's always had, hes not disciplined in or out the ring and by now he's all talk to me. I can probably look back on alot of threads and people predicted he would lose for precisely this reason.

Is it possible for Broner to win? Obviously. But as of lately I see Maidana has improved much more than Broner has. Its just destiny, Broner is an example of what NOT to do. plus if Broner wins then what? Amir khan? Danny Garcia? Matthysse? Keith Thurman? Porter? Alexander?....Any of the mentioned names Broner most likely takes the L against... Gotta rememeber guys, Maidana didnt even knock down Amir Khan, Alexander smacked up Maidana.

Broner's chin is very questionable to me at this point.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 10 2014, 12:52 AM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Jan 9 2014, 11:09 PM) *
The only reason i wouldn't take Broner is this: Everyone is saying that "IF Broner is dedicated/focused" etc. The thing is Broner NEVER proved that he was a dedicated elite boxer, he didn't seem disciplined at all. And the funny thing was that this fight he was saying "This is my BEST training camp ever", "I've never been more focused on a fight before." Broner doesn't adjust and seems to have the same mentality he's always had, hes not disciplined in or out the ring and by now he's all talk to me. I can probably look back on alot of threads and people predicted he would lose for precisely this reason.

Is it possible for Broner to win? Obviously. But as of lately I see Maidana has improved much more than Broner has. Its just destiny, Broner is an example of what NOT to do. plus if Broner wins then what? Amir khan? Danny Garcia? Matthysse? Keith Thurman? Porter? Alexander?....Any of the mentioned names Broner most likely takes the L against... Gotta rememeber guys, Maidana didnt even knock down Amir Khan, Alexander smacked up Maidana.

Broner's chin is very questionable to me at this point.

He has a questionable chin but yet the man still won 5rds of that fight...easily. he's a prick but his talent is undeniable. Maidana has improved more then Adrien, this is true but up until the second knockdown he was blowing the fight. I think the loss could have some negative affects on Broner but we will have to see how he performs the next time out. We can say what we want but the fact is he lost but he wasn't dominated. If that knockdown late in the fight hadn't of occurred we may not even be discussing this right now.

I agree that he has things to work on, he needs to improve in some key areas. But that doesn't mean he won't, he needs to take this seriously. The question isn't can he beat Maidana, the real question is can he give the sport 100%? We don't know the answer to that so I deem it unfair to assume what he will and won't do.

Maidana will have the edge going into the rematch but I'd like to see what adjustments Stafford and Broner make to insure a victory. I felt Broner got good instructions from his corner, he just fought the way he wanted to fight and didn't listen. And despite all that I saw a guy get up off the canvas and win rounds after being knocked down...and let's say he does get by Maidana, why the hell are you so sure he loses to those fighters? They fight the fights for a reason.

Smarter and more knowledgeable boxing minds then me and you even get it wrong sometimes. We don't know how a fight turns out til the 2 combatants lace up and go at it. So dint be so sure to write the kid off in those fantasy match ups you reeled off

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 10 2014, 12:54 AM

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:33 AM