IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is Freddie Roach implying?, Did he roll PAC under the bus?
Hotsauce
post Jan 9 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

he was trying to shit on ariza but he shitted on manny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Jan 9 2014, 11:13 PM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

The man said i'd ask him what's in the drinks and he wouldn't tell...that could mean any number of things. It's his special shhh and that's how he earns his money..there is something in there you don't need to know about...or maybe just maybe considering the history of the two..."Fk you, you teach him to punch I make sure he's got the health to do it". I mean folks will really turn something with many possible meanings into something that conveniently supports their argument. Now don't get me wrong i've seen Ariza at promotional events and he's a giant windbag who loves the shhh out of himself so shady..definitely. Stupid enough to risk his limelight...doubt it...highly doubt it. Conte's thing was about money, Ariza's thing is popularity. Look at Memo and Conte's nature..them dudes dont like the camera like that..they'll come out and defend themselves and whatnot but they aren't hamming it up drawing attention to themselves. I think Roach is going to get alot of follow up questions on this one and I really hope it's by one of the legit journalists who is going to truly ask for clarification of that quote. Brandon also had trouble making weight, let's not act like we all thought that idiot was getting down to 140 naturally...dude came in at 160 damn near on fight night and he's been struggling to make weight for years now so a diuretic..go watch 24/7 and him b*tch*ng at his wife cause she ain't making him fried foods...that dude took that shhh himself. Maidana, considering he shoved the same Gauze in dudes mouth if it had smelling salts on it...well Idoubt anyone on here is going to put that shit in their mouths because i'm sure nobody wants to run off to the hospital afterwards.

Two theories i've heard so far on this

1. Manny went from KO'ing people out when Floyd called him out on PED's.
2. He went to zero pop without Ariza.

To address them both...

Quite frankly i'd rather take one big blow than continous blows that will amass to more damage in the long run..case and point Antonio Margarito. I'm sure he'd trade his eye for getting KO'd instead. He hadn't ko'd anyone in his last 4 or so fights..three of which he had Ariza. Pacquaio is old, he ain't as fast..speed kills..those punches you don't see coming are the ones that hurt..he didn't see Marquez's and well we know how that went. Just for a refresher course I want folks to go back and look at what round Pacquaio was knocking people out at on average and how many punches he had landed by the time the KO came...that'll tell you everything about why he was KO'ing people. It was never one punch power..it was always hit accumulation.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jan 10 2014, 12:32 AM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 10 2014, 12:13 AM) *
The man said i'd ask him what's in the drinks and he wouldn't tell...that could mean any number of things. It's his special shhh and that's how he earns his money..there is something in there you don't need to know about...or maybe just maybe considering the history of the two..."Fk you, you teach him to punch I make sure he's got the health to do it". I mean folks will really turn something with many possible meanings into something that conveniently supports their argument.

You're making no sense at all. You're saying folks are "turning something" when Freddie Roach (MANNY PACQUIAO'S TRAINER) specifically answered a question about Brandon Rios failing a drug test. Freddie's lack of surprise and willingness to mention random drinks with unknown ingredients given to his fighter by Alex Ariza says a whole fucking lot. Yes Roach and Ariza have a history of violence..... Lol. But they also have a history of working together. What other meanings do you see? While his statement is not a full blown admission of guilt he damn sure planted a seed of doubt and rolled his fighter under the damn bus. Self incrimination is one cruel bitch.

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Jan 10 2014, 12:34 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 10 2014, 12:32 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 9 2014, 10:13 PM) *
The man said i'd ask him what's in the drinks and he wouldn't tell...that could mean any number of things. It's his special shhh and that's how he earns his money..there is something in there you don't need to know about...or maybe just maybe considering the history of the two..."Fk you, you teach him to punch I make sure he's got the health to do it". I mean folks will really turn something with many possible meanings into something that conveniently supports their argument. Now don't get me wrong i've seen Ariza at promotional events and he's a giant windbag who loves the shhh out of himself so shady..definitely. Stupid enough to risk his limelight...doubt it...highly doubt it. Conte's thing was about money, Ariza's thing is popularity. Look at Memo and Conte's nature..them dudes dont like the camera like that..they'll come out and defend themselves and whatnot but they aren't hamming it up drawing attention to themselves. I think Roach is going to get alot of follow up questions on this one and I really hope it's by one of the legit journalists who is going to truly ask for clarification of that quote. Brandon also had trouble making weight, let's not act like we all thought that idiot was getting down to 140 naturally...dude came in at 160 damn near on fight night and he's been struggling to make weight for years now so a diuretic..go watch 24/7 and him b*tch*ng at his wife cause she ain't making him fried foods...that dude took that shhh himself. Maidana, considering he shoved the same Gauze in dudes mouth if it had smelling salts on it...well Idoubt anyone on here is going to put that shit in their mouths because i'm sure nobody wants to run off to the hospital afterwards.

Two theories i've heard so far on this

1. Manny went from KO'ing people out when Floyd called him out on PED's.
2. He went to zero pop without Ariza.

To address them both...

Quite frankly i'd rather take one big blow than continous blows that will amass to more damage in the long run..case and point Antonio Margarito. I'm sure he'd trade his eye for getting KO'd instead. He hadn't ko'd anyone in his last 4 or so fights..three of which he had Ariza. Pacquaio is old, he ain't as fast..speed kills..those punches you don't see coming are the ones that hurt..he didn't see Marquez's and well we know how that went. Just for a refresher course I want folks to go back and look at what round Pacquaio was knocking people out at on average and how many punches he had landed by the time the KO came...that'll tell you everything about why he was KO'ing people. It was never one punch power..it was always hit accumulation.

I don't know where you from or what boxing gym you been to where it works like that...I train a decent number of fighters now and I know what they put in their bodies. now obviously I'm not around but most trainers will tell you their wary of these strength and conditioning coaches. I have people who I trust around my fighters. Roach fucked up there, if Ariza was so shady then he could've cut that shit out from jump. I work with my fighters on s & c but I also have a guy who worked with me in between summers. I trust him but in boxing anyone can throw a towel over their shoulder and act like they know some shit and that's a big issue in the sport

If you are wary of what the person is giving your fighter, your the lead, your the trainer, you have a right to know. That whole it's my secret and I don't have to tell is bullshit. That's why many trainers don't fuck with these s and c coaches because you never know with some of them. It has nothing to do with supporting theories and everything to do with suspicious behavior. I've been doing this a long time and anyone who acts like how Roach claims Ariza acted like is suspicious. If I was training a fighter and the s and c guy did that I'd tell my fighter it's either him or me. It's a certain respect that your missing, that should be given to the trainer of the fighter

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 10 2014, 12:34 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 10 2014, 05:49 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The whole PEDs thing, about Pac, I don't think he was on them, yet people claim what happened to his pop etc etc, nothing happened, its just that Rios has one hell of a chin, and turtled vs Pac, yet vs Alvarado he was throwing with him and thats why Alvarado could hurt him.

+Quote Post
truth
post Jan 10 2014, 08:46 AM
Post #16

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

Roach just flipped on pac this could also explain why pac doesn't leave top rank because he has the proof

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 10 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (truth @ Jan 10 2014, 07:46 AM) *
Roach just flipped on pac this could also explain why pac doesn't leave top rank because he has the proof

What does it matter though? If he has the proof? Then what? How many boxing cheats have been punished. Does the boxing community not still accept RJJ, James Toney, Shane Mosley, even now in Yuriorkis Gamboa...linked to that biogenesis mess. No one is coming down on him and giving him hell, and why is it that the guy, Bosch, who ran the biogenesis stuff stated he has more boxers who took PEDs..no one has pushed for the info. Not any fan, nor sanctioning body or state athletic commission. No one pushing to find out who else did it...even if Manny did take it ain't no repercussions so I doubt that's a reason he won't leave

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 10 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 10 2014, 05:49 AM) *
The whole PEDs thing, about Pac, I don't think he was on them, yet people claim what happened to his pop etc etc, nothing happened, its just that Rios has one hell of a chin, and turtled vs Pac, yet vs Alvarado he was throwing with him and thats why Alvarado could hurt him.

You just don't wanna believe that Pac was on anything, neither do I...but you REALLY don't wanna believe it...as if it's a strong possibility that it's true and you don't wanna accept it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It's hard out here for a Pac fan

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 10 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 9 2014, 07:31 PM) *
he was trying to shit on ariza but he shitted on manny

He just Chris Christied himself.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 10 2014, 03:49 AM) *

Pac hasn't knocked anyone out since when? When was the last person he gave a serious ass kicking too? After the Bradley you could not tell if he was even in a fight. JMM fight he had some damage but nothing we haven't seen. Pac lost his iron fist after Ariza stopped giving him those superman shakes.

But it doesn't matter like Chi said because nothing can and ever will be Manny's fault. Nice guys do finish first.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 10 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2014, 03:45 PM) *
He just Chris Christied himself.

Pac hasn't knocked anyone out since when? When was the last person he gave a serious ass kicking too? After the Bradley you could not tell if he was even in a fight. JMM fight he had some damage but nothing we haven't seen. Pac lost his iron fist after Ariza stopped giving him those superman shakes.

But it doesn't matter like Chi said because nothing can and ever will be Manny's fault. Nice guys do finish first.

Theres a post somewhere by me on how I think he got the KOes whether the opponents were drained or simply at a bad time.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:12 AM