Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bradleys options
mgrover
post Jan 14 2014, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

So people seem to think near the end of Bradleys contract the BobFather will offer him a fight, and he can only have the fight if he signs an extension, actually chances are is he'll do it for the Pac fight, I feel that Bradley isn't going to get any better skill wise, he's in his prime. Can he really afford another year of layoff if he refuses to sign? Isn't there any law about this? Guerrero certainly is trying to exercise bullshit. Yet what the BobFather is doing is clearly illegal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DigitalBoom
post Jan 14 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,960

Best option? What many have said in here avoid a Pacquaio bout and perhaps take a light fight to run out the contract and leave with your belt/belts. At least leaving with the belts gives him leverage for match making and I think Arum was worried about Pacquaio leaving so he wanted the belts to stay within Top Rank so that ridiculous outcome of the first fight happened. I think Cameron is doing a great job by keeping Bradley and Arum apart so he doesn't end up roped into a situation where he could be facing an extension with zero belt leverage. One can also argue that we don't know what kind of signing bonuses these guys are getting on their extensions, so maybe just maybe the bonus for signing an extension is too great.Either way, if Bradley wants to really get a few GBP fights his best option is to hold on to the champion status and do him. Anyone know if the time Pacquaio took off after the JMM loss extends his contract due to inactivity? I know there is an issue with the brits about that with another boxer right now so i'm curious if that's the case for him as well.

This post has been edited by DigitalBoom: Jan 14 2014, 06:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:52 PM