IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it fair Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1 KO) is getting a title shot in his second pro bout?
Gambit808
post Jan 15 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 15 2014, 09:37 PM) *
I'm not quite sure they fought against one another in the amateur ranks. He can beat Salido but the longer that one goes the worse it'll be for Lomanchenko. He didn''t look good in his debut

Rigo is no spring chicken but he's young in boxing years because he started late and he doesn't take punishment. His style suits him perfectly and I don't think his age will be a factor

True.

Based off his pro debut as u and checkleft put it, it wasn't standout impressive and I agree, which is another reason I question wether it's fair to guys who put that work in to be in that position. I mean, the guy was outstanding in the amature's cool, but what's the rush with this guy? Let him get well adjusted to hitting or how feels to be hit by 8oz gloves for 12 rounders before giving him a crash coarse at a title shot seems to be the smarter move IMO, but we'll see how far this goes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 15 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 14 2014, 10:18 PM) *
No doubt about it Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1 KO) amature and olympic trials look as impressive as Guillermo Rigondeaux's, and who knows, he may give him a run for his money in the future to come, but is it fair that he's getting a title shot in his second pro bout against Orlando Salido, even if he wins?

What makes this man any different from other olympic gold medalists past and present who actually grind there way through the pro ranks to get there shot?

I like the kid and I think he's good but I guess if the UFC can allow guys like Brock Lesnar to get a title shot with 2 fights then why not a guy who has proven himself in the Olympics, still the other side of me that has been following boxing forever says "no way" and that there are far more deserving fighters who have been putting in the work and should rightfully get a shot before him.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 15 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 15 2014, 10:27 PM) *
I like the kid and I think he's good but I guess if the UFC can allow guys like Brock Lesnar to get a title shot with 2 fights then why not a guy who has proven himself in the Olympics, still the other side of me that has been following boxing forever says "no way" and that there are far more deserving fighters who have been putting in the work and should rightfully get a shot before him.

We seen what that move did for Brock at the end of the road though lol. IMO no need to force feed the dude, he's only what, 25?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 16 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Rigondeux and this kid seem to be on completely different levels, the kid gets hit way too much.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 16 2014, 07:51 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 16 2014, 08:40 PM) *
Rigondeux and this kid seem to be on completely different levels, the kid gets hit way too much.

Not that there is a right person to get hit by ... But salido is the wrong dude to be taking punches from

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 16 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Why the hell would Salido's team even agree to this? What's he got to gain from it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 17 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 15 2014, 09:23 PM) *
True.

Based off his pro debut as u and checkleft put it, it wasn't standout impressive and I agree, which is another reason I question wether it's fair to guys who put that work in to be in that position. I mean, the guy was outstanding in the amature's cool, but what's the rush with this guy? Let him get well adjusted to hitting or how feels to be hit by 8oz gloves for 12 rounders before giving him a crash coarse at a title shot seems to be the smarter move IMO, but we'll see how far this goes.

Lomanchenko wanted the title shot this early. I'm not sure so don't quote me on this but I think his team had it put in the contract that way. Gotta give him credit, at least he's willing to prove himself but I think he chose the wrong opponent in Salido. Lomanchenko will most likely have success but for someone who hasn't fought on the championship level and to go into deep waters with a guy like Salido is going to be tough.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 19 2014, 03:52 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

Y'all are trippin. I guess I've been gone too long. Lomanchenko is a two time gold medalist. He stopped a very solid fighter in his first fight as a pro. He's going to be Salido as well. He's the real deal.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 19 2014, 06:56 AM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 19 2014, 03:52 AM) *
Y'all are trippin. I guess I've been gone too long. Lomanchenko is a two time gold medalist. He stopped a very solid fighter in his first fight as a pro. He's going to be Salido as well. He's the real deal.

I get all that Professor, one gold medal yet alone is hard to get, but two is special, but it's still seems kind of rushed to me. This is the pro's and even though your fighting everybody whose everybody in the Olympics, the pro's don't have headgear (headgear rule changed for 2016), gloves, rounds, or even the scoring system. He stopped a solid opponent in his debut, but how does the scream title shot automatically? He was taking shots too. If u were training a fighter with his backround and pedigree, u wouldn't wanna atlease get him 10 pro fights or atlease see how he looks going a 10-12 round distance before giving him a crash coarse lesson at a title? With all the glory he had in the armature's/Olympics, he still has some question marks on his head with me on a pro level.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 19 2014, 06:59 AM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 19 2014, 06:58 AM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 19 2014, 06:56 AM) *
I get all that Professor, one gold medal yet alone is hard to get, but two is special, but it's still seems kind of rushed to me. This is the pro's and even though your fighting everybody whose everybody in the Olympics, the pro's don't have headgear (headgear rule changed for 2016), gloves, rounds, or even the scoring system. He stopped a solid opponent in his debut, but how does the scream title shot automatically? He was taking shots too. If u were training a fighter with his backround and pedigree, u wouldn't wanna atlease get him 10 pro fights or atlease see how he looks going a 10-12 round distance before giving him a crash coarse lesson at a title? With all the glory he had in the armature's/Olympics, he still has some question marks on his head with me on a pro level.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:16 PM