> Victor Ortiz was very comepetetive vs Mayweather
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 07:12 AM
Post #81

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 19 2014, 10:40 AM) *
I know Chi just like he ran from Juan lazcano (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #82

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 19 2014, 01:17 PM) *
It is like they want Floyd to fight everyone and they act like all his fights should of been top notch fighters. No boxer has had all top notch fights. Shit kills me.

Just double standards. Ray Robinson isn't considered any less great and he was the Mayweather of his day as far as going for the money and opponents. He is the guy who created the big "entourage" in boxing. He drive a pink caddy too. He was a prize fighter, it's self explanatory. Does Ray Robinson fighting for the most money diminish him? Hell no. Does it diminish Cotto? Because he's a money whore, he goes to the highest bidder. Ray Robinson was the blue print for what Mayweather is doing now. I get it but I don't get it. But realistically whose he going to fight that can really challenge him? The only way he gets beat from 147-160 is if he gets old overnight

And everybody does what he's doing now. I find it very hypocritical to criticize him when it happens in all sports. Kobe on his last leg literally and got $48mil, how many more contracts does Lebron have in him? When you reach a certain point or at the end of your career like Mayweather is, they probably start thinking about life after l. Who the fuck don't want to be set? All that work is for nothing then. Ain't nothing wrong with what he's doing. Absolute nothing. All athletes do it, so the whole he fights for money opinion is stupid. Some of the greatest fighters have worse names on their resumes

I love RJJ but even in his prime he wasn't fighting the best. How many cab drivers is on his resume? Let's be fair but put it in perspective as well. Joe Calzaghe is trash and he's considered an ATG, imo he ain't shit but another over rated white boy with a padded record who got a gift in his biggest fight (Hopkins). But they don't talk about his resume. Froch has a great resume but how great was it before the super 6? He wasn't exactly setting the world in fire either. I could go on and on but it's all in the eye of the beholder

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 20 2014, 09:22 AM
Post #83

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 20 2014, 07:48 AM) *
Just double standards. Ray Robinson isn't considered any less great and he was the Mayweather of his day as far as going for the money and opponents. He is the guy who created the big "entourage" in boxing. He drive a pink caddy too. He was a prize fighter, it's self explanatory. Does Ray Robinson fighting for the most money diminish him? Hell no. Does it diminish Cotto? Because he's a money whore, he goes to the highest bidder. Ray Robinson was the blue print for what Mayweather is doing now. I get it but I don't get it. But realistically whose he going to fight that can really challenge him? The only way he gets beat from 147-160 is if he gets old overnight

And everybody does what he's doing now. I find it very hypocritical to criticize him when it happens in all sports. Kobe on his last leg literally and got $48mil, how many more contracts does Lebron have in him? When you reach a certain point or at the end of your career like Mayweather is, they probably start thinking about life after l. Who the fuck don't want to be set? All that work is for nothing then. Ain't nothing wrong with what he's doing. Absolute nothing. All athletes do it, so the whole he fights for money opinion is stupid. Some of the greatest fighters have worse names on their resumes

I love RJJ but even in his prime he wasn't fighting the best. How many cab drivers is on his resume? Let's be fair but put it in perspective as well. Joe Calzaghe is trash and he's considered an ATG, imo he ain't shit but another over rated white boy with a padded record who got a gift in his biggest fight (Hopkins). But they don't talk about his resume. Froch has a great resume but how great was it before the super 6? He wasn't exactly setting the world in fire either. I could go on and on but it's all in the eye of the beholder

Did you see the Calzaghe fight he had against BYRON THOMPSON???? Calzaghe got the ref to give him a stoppage because he did not want THOMPSON TO HIT HIS ASS WITH THE RIGHT that PUT HIM DOWN AND spun his head around like that bitch in the EXORCIST---Examine Ray Rob's resume.. I understand he had more than 100 bout but his resume is full of guys who were not great fighters--- no DISS TO THE RAGING "BRONX BULL", BUT Today if Mayweather faced a guy with Jake Lamatta's syle and skill level-- a guy who had 4 losses prior to his fight with Ray Robinson he would be crucified----

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jan 20 2014, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 20 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #84

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 20 2014, 05:48 AM) *

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 20 2014, 07:22 AM) *
Did you see the Calzaghe fight he had against BYRON THOMPSON???? Calzaghe got the ref to give him a stoppage because he did not want THOMPSON TO HIT HIS ASS WITH THE RIGHT that PUT HIM DOWN AND spun his head around like that bitch in the EXORCIST---Examine Ray Rob's resume.. I understand he had more than 100 bout but his resume is full of guys who were not great fighters--- no DISS TO THE RAGING "BRONX BULL", BUT Today if Mayweather faced a guy with Jake Lamatta's syle and skill level-- a guy who had 4 losses prior to his fight with Ray Robinson he would be crucified----

^^^ Both of you gentlemen are basically saying what I have been screaming for years. Look at FMJ's resume and you will find great competition and you will have okay competition and you will have fighters that had no shot. Instead of shitting on this dude for everything he has done or hasn't, and appreciate a great boxer that we will not see for another generation. Maybe FMJ is that good, he makes everyone look less than par. Of course he had some issues with some fighters, but Mayweather like Brother Naz has been saying, is cut from a different cloth and instead of shitting on it making FMJ 's career look suspect, just enjoy his genius in the ring. Good calls on Calzaghe.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 20 2014, 05:39 PM
Post #85

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 19 2014, 11:40 AM) *
Those facts are conveniently over looked. Mosley, Oscar had excuses as to why they aint fight him. Arum made up excuses for Cotto and Margarito wasn't even in the picture until Mayweather left. People bring up Paul Williams but they say Mayweather retired instead of facing him. I honestly don't believe we would've saw Mayweather back in the ring. I really believe Hatton was to be his last fight. He wasn't successful outside the ring at that time and he had tax problems of his own. Then came the return against JMM. If he didn't have that tax problem we wouldn't be seeing these fights. At least I don't think so. I don't think people taken into account the whole situation, they pick what's convenient for them and run with it

Word is some guy duped Floyd out of most of that $50M earnings, hence the reason he came back.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 20 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #86

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 20 2014, 08:48 AM) *

Best name on his pre-Super 6 resume was Pascal, I do believe.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 20 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #87

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

am i the only one who is sick of this debate? you cannot debate mayweather, there is just too much bad blood on both sides. its like Israel and Palestine,

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 08:55 PM
Post #88

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 20 2014, 07:44 PM) *
am i the only one who is sick of this debate? you cannot debate mayweather, there is just too much bad blood on both sides. its like Israel and Palestine,

That's with anything though. Debate usually evokes strong responses

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #89

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 20 2014, 04:41 PM) *
Best name on his pre-Super 6 resume was Pascal, I do believe.

That says it all, Pascal wasn't the fighter he's became now. And that's no fault of Froch's but his resume to be factual was just as thin as anyone else's. The super 6 did wonders for him in that regard

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #90

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 20 2014, 04:39 PM) *
Word is some guy duped Floyd out of most of that $50M earnings, hence the reason he came back.

Damn I never heard that. I definitely don't believe we would've seen him back in the ring if it wasn't for the alleged money problems

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:23 AM