> Victor Ortiz was very comepetetive vs Mayweather
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 09:03 PM
Post #91

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 20 2014, 01:47 PM) *
^^^ Both of you gentlemen are basically saying what I have been screaming for years. Look at FMJ's resume and you will find great competition and you will have okay competition and you will have fighters that had no shot. Instead of shitting on this dude for everything he has done or hasn't, and appreciate a great boxer that we will not see for another generation. Maybe FMJ is that good, he makes everyone look less than par. Of course he had some issues with some fighters, but Mayweather like Brother Naz has been saying, is cut from a different cloth and instead of shitting on it making FMJ 's career look suspect, just enjoy his genius in the ring. Good calls on Calzaghe.

Just had to tell this to professor or maybe I should start calling him the pupil lmao. Can't compare a cheerleader to someone whose actually in the game

All figthers resume's are like that yet here we are again with this flimsy argument about who he did and didn't fight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #92

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 20 2014, 08:22 AM) *
Did you see the Calzaghe fight he had against BYRON THOMPSON???? Calzaghe got the ref to give him a stoppage because he did not want THOMPSON TO HIT HIS ASS WITH THE RIGHT that PUT HIM DOWN AND spun his head around like that bitch in the EXORCIST---Examine Ray Rob's resume.. I understand he had more than 100 bout but his resume is full of guys who were not great fighters--- no DISS TO THE RAGING "BRONX BULL", BUT Today if Mayweather faced a guy with Jake Lamatta's syle and skill level-- a guy who had 4 losses prior to his fight with Ray Robinson he would be crucified----

Calzaghe is trash, never thought much of him, not because he couldn't fight but because hid over in his part of the world until the end. Nothing special about him, He's going to get inducted into the HOF one day and that sucks

Yeah, Ray Robinson had some questionable fighters on his resume...all fighters do. But yet his greatness is never questioned, but the blueprint for what Mayweather is doing now, to an extent was first laid out by Ray Robinson but we criticizing Floyd. The double standards run deep in boxing. It's always been that way

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 21 2014, 01:18 AM
Post #93

Amateur

Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (geovan10 @ Jan 15 2014, 01:02 AM) *
While Mayweather was winning the fight, mostly due to his scary accurate lead right hands, Ortiz managed to get on the inside whenever he wanted to and was actually hitting(landing left hand leads) and roughing Mayweather on the ropes. Ortiz never felt Mayweathers power. Round 4 was turning into Ortiz's favor until the whole headbutt KO situation. Should the fight live on I believe Ortiz wouldve made Mayweather actually have to dig in and work for the win. If Ortiz beats Collazo, gets Danny Garcia next and beats him in march/april. Would you be fond of Mayweather/Ortiz 2? Very sell-able fight(who else is there left with mayweather?) and could be labeled "Unfinished Business".

My thoughts exactly, I assure you Floyd was very happy it ended when it did he was not enjoying Ortiz explosiveness especially once Ortiz saw he didn't need to respect Floyds power. Well this is the way I would like to see it happen... being that Ortiz should (needs to) get by Collazo: Ortiz vs Broner, Maidana vs Floyd, Danny vs Khan and THEN have all kinds of MIX-N-MATCHES with the rematches between all of them... the stage is set for months of great boxing.

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 21 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #94

Amateur

Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jan 15 2014, 01:45 PM) *
Lol please dont mention an Ortiz rematch until he rematches Berto and Josesito.

The fight was relatively short and was inside the Mayweather's adjustment stage, where Mayweather was still getting his timing down. But He still landing Straight rights through the guard and outlanding Ortiz every round. Ortiz made it look competitive IMO because he was so damn big, his LOOKED effective, fast, strong and threw some serious combos when Mayweather was on the ropes, but he broke Mentally and the rest is history. He broke before he even got out the Mayweather adjustment stage. After Round 4 Mayweather woulda turned it up, so instead he prob just put it all into that last right hand to keep him down.

If we wanna post about a recent Competitive Mayweather fight, someone make a thread about Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton, just rewatched that fight yesterday and it was awesome. Huge fight, place was packed, the shit looked like a rock concert with all those drunk white boys haha...Also rewatching this fight makes me realize that Mayweather vs Khan is WAYYY MOREE likely to happen than most fights. To my knowledge i just learned Khan has HUGE fanbase (2.2M twitter followers) only behind Mayweather, he's even ahead of Manny...With how electrifying that fight was, i have no doubt with those fans it would be a packed house... Did i mention how awesome and competitive the fight was? haha Mayweather looked really uncomfortable against Hatton, had me thinking of how Broner felt against Maidana, but then to see Mayweather adjust, keep composed and still rise to the occasion and take care of buisness speaks levels to his abilities.

A win over Berto wouldn't mean anything, Josesito well it wouldnt be profitable but you can make a case for that fight. As far as Ortiz-Floyd, I wld say he won the 3rd and was going take the 4th rd. Floyd being in the "adjustment stage" and "... still getting his timing down", that's the thing with Floyd style you have to keep him jumping take em to the ropes briefly and bring'em back to center of ring, with plenty of real estate to use, instinctively he jumps/moves dodges- but that's also when he gets caught. So no, Ortiz was the one actually coming ON, and as long as he kept that work rate... he could have won that fight, hell could've been the first time we would see Floyd go down, and stay down.

This post has been edited by SylentKnghtz: Jan 21 2014, 01:34 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 21 2014, 04:34 AM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 21 2014, 01:44 AM) *
am i the only one who is sick of this debate? you cannot debate mayweather, there is just too much bad blood on both sides. its like Israel and Palestine,

It does get tiring I'll admit, half the time am only replying cause I don't like losing an argument, but really nobodies going to convince anybody otherwise, then again, most members on this board keep is fairly professional.

Oh yeah I think what got Ortiz really wound up was the whole head shaking from Mayweather, refusing to acknowledge him, he should of known that really that was acknowledgement for Mayweather since he'd be hitting him unless he didn't want to be hit back.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jan 21 2014, 04:37 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 21 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #96

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 20 2014, 11:18 PM) *
My thoughts exactly, I assure you Floyd was very happy it ended when it did he was not enjoying Ortiz explosiveness especially once Ortiz saw he didn't need to respect Floyds power. Well this is the way I would like to see it happen... being that Ortiz should (needs to) get by Collazo: Ortiz vs Broner, Maidana vs Floyd, Danny vs Khan and THEN have all kinds of MIX-N-MATCHES with the rematches between all of them... the stage is set for months of great boxing.

Wow! That's all I am going to say.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 28 2014, 01:57 PM
Post #97

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (geovan10 @ Jan 15 2014, 01:02 AM) *
While Mayweather was winning the fight, mostly due to his scary accurate lead right hands, Ortiz managed to get on the inside whenever he wanted to and was actually hitting(landing left hand leads) and roughing Mayweather on the ropes. Ortiz never felt Mayweathers power. Round 4 was turning into Ortiz's favor until the whole headbutt KO situation. Should the fight live on I believe Ortiz wouldve made Mayweather actually have to dig in and work for the win. If Ortiz beats Collazo, gets Danny Garcia next and beats him in march/april. Would you be fond of Mayweather/Ortiz 2? Very sell-able fight(who else is there left with mayweather?) and could be labeled "Unfinished Business".

LOL, I actually had to go and look at the fight again to see if you saw something I didn't and then I realized that Ortiz landed 26 punches the entire fight according to CompuBox and we know that it isn't always accurate but if that's what you call actually hitting and roughing Floyd up then all boxers should be so lucky to only have 26 punches landed on them, especially when you nearly triple the amount of your punches landed on your opponent as in the case of Mayweather vs Ortiz.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jan 28 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #98

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Ortiz is a bum.Guy should never have been in the ring with Floyd.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 29 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #99

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 28 2014, 02:57 PM) *
LOL, I actually had to go and look at the fight again to see if you saw something I didn't and then I realized that Ortiz landed 26 punches the entire fight according to CompuBox and we know that it isn't always accurate but if that's what you call actually hitting and roughing Floyd up then all boxers should be so lucky to only have 26 punches landed on them, especially when you nearly triple the amount of your punches landed on your opponent as in the case of Mayweather vs Ortiz.

On avg. of less than 7 punches a round? Man, I just laughed and chalked it up as whomever started this thread and I have a different meaning of the word "successful". I liken it to what Manny Steward (R.I.P.) once said about Floyd (paraphrasing), "People win rounds against him, like they did Roy Jones; they win comparative rounds. Meaning, they didn't get completely blown out of the water, so people say, 'Hey, he won that round.' No, he just did better than the previous 6." LOL.

I've watched that fight a few different times and what escapes the "he had success against Mayweather" crowd is, Victor CHOSE to "cash in" during the 4th round. Meaning, he was in there and whatever "success" he was having, clearly wasn't enough for him to keep it together mentally and continue w/ the fight. Besides the obvious headbutt, during the clinch, he would grind the top of his head/forehead into Floyd's face and forearms to the neck/face, all of this after planting the seed that May fights dirty. IMO, Victor had seen that movie before and didn't like the ending, so he created his own.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 30 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #100

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jan 28 2014, 04:40 PM) *
Ortiz is a bum.Guy should never have been in the ring with Floyd.

Callazo just KOd victor in 2.. lmao

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:32 PM