IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> floyd to name opponent within a week, implications and fallout?
ryustuh
post Jan 15 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

who has it - amir or maidana, and why?

also what does this mean for broner if floyd goes with chino...

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Jan 15 2014, 08:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 15 2014, 09:33 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 15 2014, 07:40 PM) *

Got Damnit rookie! You just cost me $100. This is Dolomite's job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

At this point I don't give 2 shits who he picks, either one is going to lose. Maidana has stamina issues and doesn't have enough tools in his tool belt to compete and Khan is Khan.

Dolomite, get on your damn job!

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 15 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 15 2014, 10:33 PM) *
Got Damnit rookie! You just cost me $100. This is Dolomite's job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

At this point I don't give 2 shits who he picks, either one is going to lose. Maidana has stamina issues and doesn't have enough tools in his tool belt to compete and Khan is Khan.

Dolomite, get on your damn job!

LMAO! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 15 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

First pick- Martinez. I think could be his biggest possible fight at the moment.

Second pick- Khan- Big money fight for low risk.

Third pick- Maidana, when Mayweather smacks on Maidana it makes the Broner rematch more plausible for Broner to win.

Guaranteed awesome Undercard

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 15 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 15 2014, 07:40 PM) *

In terms of money the nod goes to Khan but in terms of what it would mean on a personal note and how much more the fans will readily appreciate and accept what Mayweather is offering to them then it will likely be Maidana. As far as what it means to Broner is that he (Adrien) will get to see the blueprint that Floyd will put out when he easily defeats/KO's Maidana and then he will call him out for his own brand of vengeance.

Unless Broner makes some serious adjustments then I cannot remotely see him beating Marcos in a rematch fighting the way he did in the first fight.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 16 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

Khan or an "undefeated stud"

I don't think he'll step on broners toes for chino. The fight makes more money if broner were to lose again.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jan 16 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

I personally disagree with Khan being the bigger money fight. Unless everyone is counting on UK money to put revenue over the top. But PPV money --IMO--is based on convincing casual fans to buy the fight, not hardcore fans. If everyone hears that Floyd is fighting "That guy that beat up Broner" then it's an easy sell. But since being beat by Peterson and then KO'd by Garcia, Khan's name is not ringing bells. Had he won those 2 fights, I'd be all for Khan/Mayweather. But with Chino winning 4 straight at WW, all by KO and having a belt AND coming off a big INTERNET crazed win over Broner, thats the fight I'd like to see. That or Bradley which unfortunately won't happen. Guess we'll se soon....

I think Danny Garcia is the dark horse for this fight....

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jan 16 2014, 12:36 AM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 15 2014, 10:51 PM) *
In terms of money the nod goes to Khan but in terms of what it would mean on a personal note and how much more the fans will readily appreciate and accept what Mayweather is offering to them then it will likely be Maidana. As far as what it means to Broner is that he (Adrien) will get to see the blueprint that Floyd will put out when he easily defeats/KO's Maidana and then he will call him out for his own brand of vengeance.

Unless Broner makes some serious adjustments then I cannot remotely see him beating Marcos in a rematch fighting the way he did in the first fight.

I think Broner will train to throw more punches, but once he gets hit clean again, and chance are he will, then it'll be Part 1 all over again. But he will make it more competitive this time I think. Broner should drop to 140 honestly, there's too many big punchers at WW.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Jan 16 2014, 12:38 AM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (Thickback @ Jan 16 2014, 12:14 AM) *
I personally disagree with Khan being the bigger money fight. Unless everyone is counting on UK money to put revenue over the top. But PPV money --IMO--is based on convincing casual fans to buy the fight, not hardcore fans. If everyone hears that Floyd is fighting "That guy that beat up Broner" then it's an easy sell. But since being beat by Peterson and then KO'd by Garcia, Khan's name is not ringing bells. Had he won those 2 fights, I'd be all for Khan/Mayweather. But with Chino winning 4 straight at WW, all by KO and having a belt AND coming off a big INTERNET crazed win over Broner, thats the fight I'd like to see. That or Bradley which unfortunately won't happen. Guess we'll se soon....

I think Danny Garcia is the dark horse for this fight....

That last line you said is interesting..because Garcia has been quiet as hell lately..no mention of a next fight or possible opponent and that camp is rarely quiet long. Hmmm.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 16 2014, 01:13 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Dont want to see May vs Khan or Maidana. i think he beats both of them easily. I like the idea of Danny Garcia, who I think he beats relatively easily as well. I also love the matchup with Sergio Martinez at 154. My wish would be Erislandy Lara just because I think he presents a significant challenge, but no way does Mayweather take on that guy, right??

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:27 PM