IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> floyd to name opponent within a week, implications and fallout?
Cshel86
post Jan 28 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #101

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 28 2014, 03:29 PM) *
They both have to win, especially Ortiz. Now will Saul be willing to fight on a Mayweather card?

If Collazo wins, it'll just be another victory for him, nothing more. If Ortiz wins, then he'll be in some types of talks for Floyd in the future...not sure how far it gets him. Maybe...just maybe Alvarez can and will fight on Floyd's Sept card...being that they almost made history with that 2.2M buys. Regardless of how big egos are...when you do numbers like that together...you'll sit down long enough to make money together...or off of each other. Didn't Floyd and Oscar do it???

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 28 2014, 04:27 PM) *
They said Canelo is having stupid amounts of PPVs a year, so I can't seem him making a ton of buys, the whole point of PPV is something above a standard commodity

Agreed. Hosting PPVs, doesn't necessarily mean "sales"...hopefully GBP knows this. Hell, if the Angulo fight does more than 400k, then GBP may feel that they can build him into a star, without Floyd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 28 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #102

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 28 2014, 10:30 AM) *
Fox Sports 1 bro.

Pleasant surprise. Thanks for the info
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 28 2014, 10:35 AM) *
Every Devon fight is incredibly boring (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ahh .....ah ah ....ah ah ah..... ahhh.

I thought the porter fight was aight..

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2014, 11:43 AM) *
Just realized that Ortiz/Collazo is taking place at 154. Does anybody see an Ortiz/Canelo fight happening this year? Possibly on that Sept undercard? Hmmm...

I was just about to ask that. Not sure how ortiz fares at 154.

Well if he wins he could set himself up for some decent fights at 54

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 28 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #103

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Thing about the mayweathers is, they say one thing and do another, you can tell were Jr learned it from lol

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/12/flashbac...-in-2007-fight/

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 28 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #104

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2014, 10:46 PM) *
If Collazo wins, it'll just be another victory for him, nothing more. If Ortiz wins, then he'll be in some types of talks for Floyd in the future...not sure how far it gets him. Maybe...just maybe Alvarez can and will fight on Floyd's Sept card...being that they almost made history with that 2.2M buys. Regardless of how big egos are...when you do numbers like that together...you'll sit down long enough to make money together...or off of each other. Didn't Floyd and Oscar do it???

Agreed. Hosting PPVs, doesn't necessarily mean "sales"...hopefully GBP knows this. Hell, if the Angulo fight does more than 400k, then GBP may feel that they can build him into a star, without Floyd.

I mean for the Mayweather card to bring in that many sales had obviously:

Mayweather
A kid who looks like he can beat Mayweather
He's Mexican
He's undefeated (although protected, his entire career is one big smoke screen)

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 28 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #105

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 28 2014, 06:12 PM) *

Mayweather
He's Mexican

There was some hype around Canelo but I wouldn't say his career is a smoke screen, he did take on Trout, Floyd and soon he'll face Angulo so we can't say that his career is a smokescreen any longer although it may have been prior to facing Trout.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 28 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #106

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 28 2014, 07:04 PM) *
I was just about to ask that. Not sure how ortiz fares at 154.

Well if he wins he could set himself up for some decent fights at 54

This is true. I'm honestly starting to think that Ortiz couldn't make 147 as soon as he wanted to, so they talked Collazo into taking the fight at 54. Who knows though..

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 28 2014, 07:12 PM) *

Mayweather
He's Mexican

Nothing new here...I don't think. That same "kid" can help sales for Floyd's next fight, IF, the public is trolled into thinking that a "rematch" is possible...that's about it though. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 29 2014, 09:11 AM
Post #107

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2014, 03:46 PM) *

You can always have an Ortiz and Guerrero fight for September, hell even put one of the Charlos in with Ortiz at 154 in September. I doubt if Canelo wants to share the spotlight with Mayweather again. Maybe Broner can fight on the undercard.

Do you thinl Canelo is a big enough star to pull some good pPV numbers? Fighting El Perro isn't all that exciting. I guess we will see.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 31 2014, 12:24 AM
Post #108

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I guess we can drop that, "If Ortiz wins..." talk now.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 31 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #109

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I'll tell you this, based off the Ortiz fight and the fact that he has a better chin, (see Spoiler thread for Ortiz-Collazo results) I think Callazo gives a better account against Floyd than Khan. Khan has no chin. Collazo-Mayweather in New York, or even in Philadelphia would be a true Rocky story! The kid can fight, and Floyd might overlook him. Floyd really needs to pick someone other than Khan. We not Collazo?

Jack

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 31 2014, 05:30 PM
Post #110

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Mayweather-Collazo has a ring to it, not much of a Cha-Ching to it. Criticism is almost inevidable for Floyd Mayweather's choosen May 3rd opponent at this point. It's hard being on top sometimes... Then again, give Brooklyn a chance again Floyd!

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 31 2014, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:33 PM