IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> floyd to name opponent within a week, implications and fallout?
mrchitown
post Jan 18 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #51

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 18 2014, 09:24 AM) *
Mayweather's hands are a big reason he only fights in Vegas. Mayweather injects pain killers into his hands before fights because of how brittle they are. He uses drugs like Xylocaine that are illegal in almost every other state except Nevada.

I would say that the drugs that are legal in Nevada are really the only reason he fights all of his fights in Vegas. Taxes help, but if that were the case then no big fight would ever be made outside of Vegas.

The only reason huh? So never mind that Nevada is similar to Florida with taxes. And we all know he loves money....I can think of a few other reasons to counter tour clairvoyant senses as to him "only" fighting in Vegas because of his hands

I've heard rumors about his alleged use of that Xylocaine but I've never heard it to be true. Do you have some factual evidence of this? An article or maybe something where Mayweather admits this nor brings up Xylocaine?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 18 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 18 2014, 04:27 PM) *

Yeah Cshel. I can tell it's going to be rough on this forum this year. It's like team originals vs team newbies vs team wtf's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jan 18 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #53

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 18 2014, 05:51 PM) *
The only reason huh? So never mind that Nevada is similar to Florida with taxes. And we all know he loves money....I can think of a few other reasons to counter tour clairvoyant senses as to him "only" fighting in Vegas because of his hands

I've heard rumors about his alleged use of that Xylocaine but I've never heard it to be true. Do you have some factual evidence of this? An article or maybe something where Mayweather admits this nor brings up Xylocaine?

Why else would EVERY big fight be in Vegas? Even Oscar fought a few of his big fights out of Vegas. I can understand why the vast majority would be in Vegas, but it seems like all of Floyd's fights recently have been in Vegas.

Mayweather uses Xlocaine. Saying he doesn't is just silly. Everyone knows it. It isn't much of a secret. It isn't a big deal, either. It is legal so there should be no questioning the drug as long as it is used in Nevada.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jan 18 2014, 06:47 PM
Post #54

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 18 2014, 05:37 PM) *
Where'd u get that from?

I just knew it. I thought it was knowledge by everyone? I was surprised to see that NOBODY brought it up. Maybe I am the only person that knew this fact?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 18 2014, 07:23 PM
Post #55

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 18 2014, 06:53 PM) *
Yeah Cshel. I can tell it's going to be rough on this forum this year. It's like team originals vs team newbies vs team wtf's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You're starting to sound like my girl when she talks about her vampire diaries Lmao
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 18 2014, 07:42 PM) *
Why else would EVERY big fight be in Vegas? Even Oscar fought a few of his big fights out of Vegas. I can understand why the vast majority would be in Vegas, but it seems like all of Floyd's fights recently have been in Vegas.

Mayweather uses Xlocaine. Saying he doesn't is just silly. Everyone knows it. It isn't much of a secret. It isn't a big deal, either. It is legal so there should be no questioning the drug as long as it is used in Nevada.

It is not common knowledge. It is common speculation like pacs use of steroids or saying marg used plaster against cotto. No way to prove or disprove it

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 18 2014, 07:52 PM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 18 2014, 04:42 PM) *

I have no issues with FMJ fighting in Vegas. If teams could play all their games at home they would. And the xlocaine thing, I'm like Chi, I have never read an article saying he has. Why fight away from the place that has given you so much good luck. Now I would love to see him fight at the Garden

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 18 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The first time I heard about any of it was when Nazim brought it up

He says "they gave me the name", which am guessing means Team Mayweather gave him the name, which in a way admits that it happens.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jan 18 2014, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 18 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #58

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 18 2014, 07:23 PM) *
You're starting to sound like my girl when she talks about her vampire diaries Lmao

Ay man, don't sleep on those damn Vampire Diaries.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I can deal with the newbies...I like them...I just don't like the teams "WTFs". Lol

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jan 18 2014, 10:24 PM
Post #59

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

There's a very old interview with Floyd saying he did use that drug but he stopped long ago because it makes your hands numb and there's no way to know if your hand is broken during the fight, thus aggravating any injury

I also thought it was common knowledge, derp. But to my understanding, it's been ages since he used it.

This post has been edited by Plah: Jan 18 2014, 10:25 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 19 2014, 01:19 AM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 18 2014, 11:24 PM) *
There's a very old interview with Floyd saying he did use that drug but he stopped long ago because it makes your hands numb and there's no way to know if your hand is broken during the fight, thus aggravating any injury

I also thought it was common knowledge, derp. But to my understanding, it's been ages since he used it.

And Floyd has hurt his hands in plenty of fights, as recent as the guerrero fight.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 03:38 AM