Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Charlo twins, Are they truly the future of boxing
Kratza
post Jan 16 2014, 06:41 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

The Charlo twins (Jermall and Jermell) are both looking to have breakout years in 2014 with Jermell fighting Rosado and Jermall looking to fight Carlos Molina. How do you think they'll do in these fights which are the toughest of their careers and do you think they have superstar potential?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 16 2014, 09:18 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

The rasado fight should be a damn good one. It will let you know where he's at it the competition pool. Sort if a ok yum ready for the gate keeper fight. Molina is nit gonna be easy to crack. Es gonna text fundamentals and make hi work for it. Molina feels he should be fighting bigger names and he should. If they both continue to win impressively they will end up being the klitsckos of the middle weight division. Being twins on top of being brothers does that .. but only time will tell

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 16 2014, 09:37 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

The whole "twin" situation is a marketing tool, so they're okay for now (in that aspect). As for these fights this year...ehhh...something's telling me that they're biting off more than they can chew, but shit, they have to step up at some point, right?

They're both solid and disciplined fighters...question is, can they maintain that IF they're forced out of their comfort zone? I guess that same question can be asked every prospect on the rise. My biggest compliment for these two is the fact that they're stepping up in competition...unlike that Gary Russell dude.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 16 2014, 09:50 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2014, 08:37 AM) *
The whole "twin" situation is a marketing tool, so they're okay for now (in that aspect). As for these fights this year...ehhh...something's telling me that they're biting off more than they can chew, but shit, they have to step up at some point, right?

They're both solid and disciplined fighters...question is, can they maintain that IF they're forced out of their comfort zone? I guess that same question can be asked every prospect on the rise. My biggest compliment for these two is the fact that they're stepping up in competition...unlike that Gary Russell dude.

The Charlo twins have the potential to be a force in boxing. The only question is will they? I'm not sure tbh but on their path to the championship level they will make for some interesting fights

Your never going to let GRJ sleep easy

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 16 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 16 2014, 09:50 AM) *
The Charlo twins have the potential to be a force in boxing. The only question is will they? I'm not sure tbh but on their path to the championship level they will make for some interesting fights

Your never going to let GRJ sleep easy

That IS the question...will they? I surely hope so, but I guess we'll find out this year. Do you think they'll be able to stay on top, under Shields's tutelage?

As for GRJ...he's let us sleep long enough...it's clear that he wont do much in the sport at this pace. It's bad enough that it isn't much to fight for in the lower divisions, but to be inactive or be active while fighting substitute teachers, is detrimental to his career at this point. If he comes back and becomes active, he may have to move up sooner than he wants, because the competition (read: money fights) are at the higher weights.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 16 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

big step up for both brothers. i think jermell has the tougher fight in front of him than jermall, but props to both brothers for facing stronger opposition. rosado still looks hungry, and an L to an up and comer could possibly cut his career short esp after the recent losses to kid choc and ggg - gabe should be motivated enough to put on a good show. nothing about molina impresses me too much except that he's tough and can withstand some punishment. i see jermall outboxing/outpointing him. def will be interesting to see how the twins' futures will play out.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 16 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I have been saying this shit for a year. I think Jermall is more talented than Jermell. plus Jermall shitted on Ishe Smith. It was actually funny. I love the Charlos.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 16 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Jermall has haircut and Jermell has dreads right? Well if so then i Agree i think Jermall is better as well but just by a pinch. Only because Hopkins really exposed some kinks in Jermell's armor, that Hopkins fight almost slipped out of his hands.

Props to both of them for taking competitive fights, they must be confident and ready. Perfect fight for both of them, both will really be tested, and IF both win then they'll be with the top 10 in the division. I'm giving the slight edge to both of them, but by no means will it be easy for either of them. Rosado makes people work and Molina comes to win.

I see one of them fighting Lara soon, and whichever fights Ishe will KO him<-- would be perfect for a Mayweather undercard. 2014 will be good for the Charlo twins

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 16 2014, 01:40 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2014, 09:10 AM) *
That IS the question...will they? I surely hope so, but I guess we'll find out this year. Do you think they'll be able to stay on top, under Shields's tutelage?

As for GRJ...he's let us sleep long enough...it's clear that he wont do much in the sport at this pace. It's bad enough that it isn't much to fight for in the lower divisions, but to be inactive or be active while fighting substitute teachers, is detrimental to his career at this point. If he comes back and becomes active, he may have to move up sooner than he wants, because the competition (read: money fights) are at the higher weights.

I think Shields is and will continue to guide then just fine, he's world class all the way around. I just don't want to see them moved up to swiftly. Fighting Gabe is no cake walk and I don't care which one of them it is, trying to fight Molina is playing with fire. At least their stepping up though instead of blowing smoke up the public's asses. They truly want to be great and they're going to be a tough out for who ever they fight

GRJ...I thought he had a title shot coming. I know he's the mandatory for somebody's belt, I'm a fan and I went from watching all his fights to reading the results in boxing sites to not even knowing when the last time he fought was

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Jan 16 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

I agree with everything said so far an do agree Jermall is better than Jermell and he seemingly has more power too, obviously they aren't ready for the top fighters at the 154 and 160 weight classes so these are good choices in terms of opponents although I do believe Rosado will give Jermell all he can handle

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 11:51 AM