IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT)-Bute vs. Pascal-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
mrchitown
post Jan 19 2014, 11:11 AM
Post #151

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 18 2014, 11:46 PM) *
Black unity, huh?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's right #blackexcellence (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 19 2014, 11:21 AM
Post #152

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 19 2014, 11:09 AM) *
Bute saved his career in that last round, he should've did that work earlier in the fight. Looking at Bute walking to the ring, he didn't have it. His body language was I'm here what now. A fighter knows when they got it that night and he knew he didn't have it. Pascal on the other hand, was the more confident man. You could see it from the opening bell

His RJJ impression was entertaining lol. I guess he RJJ lite now lol. But I give credit to him for doing what he did in the fight. Needs to work on that footwork more because though I think at times he was hurt in the fight, his sloppy mechanics made it appear as if he was badly hurt when in fact he was off balance. I saw quite a bit of that from Pascal last night. I'm intrigued to see where each boxer goes from here

pascal in my opinion wont be able to jump in and bum rush a guy with actual power like stevenson or kovalev. his conditioning seemed to improve maybe rjj had something to do with this, but he was also up against a very timid lucian bute who hardly put on any pressure.

unfortunately, i think lucian's best days are behind him. he's pushing for the rematch, but it's gonna be hard to overcome his own doubts mentally. you could literally feel his fear in yesterday's fight. his camp should go after a tune-up to bring his confidence back.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 19 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #153

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Often times people clamor for certain respected greats, trainer or fighter, to enter a fighter's camp to no avail. Mainly because "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" for the most part. That being said, I can't remember a time in which a new addition influenced a fighter as much as Roy did Pascal. Maybe Zab when he worked with Pernell. Pascal still gets a little sloppy at times but man you could see Roy Jones all over this kid's performance. Not just the silly gamesmanship later on, but the fainting, the counter punching, the footwork...very much Roy. If Roy is as hard pressed for $ as some have suggested, I think he is long overdue for a big time fight camp a la a Kronk gym like atmosphere. He has the boxing IQ and resume' to warrant it.

On another note, I don't know WTF HBO was talking about. Fuck those last 2 rounds. Bute is a done fighter. Bute was always a pure boxer but a bit of a pretty boy IMO. The type who could box your face off but when he was forced to dig deep and gut a win out, he gets overwhelmed. Now, his skills and talents are deteriorating and his heart is still the same. Go fight a guy like Tavoris Cloud. End this thing on a good note and go "gentle into that good night".

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 19 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #154

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 19 2014, 12:21 PM) *
pascal in my opinion wont be able to jump in and bum rush a guy with actual power like stevenson or kovalev. his conditioning seemed to improve maybe rjj had something to do with this, but he was also up against a very timid lucian bute who hardly put on any pressure.

unfortunately, i think lucian's best days are behind him. he's pushing for the rematch, but it's gonna be hard to overcome his own doubts mentally. you could literally feel his fear in yesterday's fight. his camp should go after a tune-up to bring his confidence back.

Yeah we won't see that against kov or Steven
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 19 2014, 12:29 PM) *
Often times people clamor for certain respected greats, trainer or fighter, to enter a fighter's camp to no avail. Mainly because "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" for the most part. That being said, I can't remember a time in which a new addition influenced a fighter as much as Roy did Pascal. Maybe Zab when he worked with Pernell. Pascal still gets a little sloppy at times but man you could see Roy Jones all over this kid's performance. Not just the silly gamesmanship later on, but the fainting, the counter punching, the footwork...very much Roy. If Roy is as hard pressed for $ as some have suggested, I think he is long overdue for a big time fight camp a la a Kronk gym like atmosphere. He has the boxing IQ and resume' to warrant it.

On another note, I don't know WTF HBO was talking about. Fuck those last 2 rounds. Bute is a done fighter. Bute was always a pure boxer but a bit of a pretty boy IMO. The type who could box your face off but when he was forced to dig deep and gut a win out, he gets overwhelmed. Now, his skills and talents are deteriorating and his heart is still the same. Go fight a guy like Tavoris Cloud. End this thing on a good note and go "gentle into that good night".

Yea hats off to Roy ...he got a brite future in training

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 19 2014, 01:47 PM
Post #155

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Gotta see Pascal-Stevenson!

I think Stevenson wins, but he has to work for it! Can he deal with Pascal's experience? Perez went from ordinary to terrible. If Takam wouldn't have been so nice to him early, he could have gotten the win. The draw was fair.

Jack

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Jan 19 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #156

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

One of the most frustrating fights i've watched in ages..Bute had all the tools to make this a walk through his opponent fight but the confidence wasn't there..had he done more of what he did in the 11th or 12th i'd say fight on..not sure he should even lace them up again. It's almost like he gets jabbed and locks up instantly.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 19 2014, 11:01 PM
Post #157

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If someone could get Pascal to throw his hooks about a half foot lower, he'd probably have 5 more KO's at least on his record.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 20 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #158

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 19 2014, 11:01 PM) *
If someone could get Pascal to throw his hooks about a half foot lower, he'd probably have 5 more KO's at least on his record.

and def not as wide. considering he's got capt hook in his corner you'd assume he'd pick up on it...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 20 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #159

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Bute is this generations Donny LaLonde.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 07:09 AM
Post #160

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 19 2014, 10:21 AM) *

I always like Bute but I was critical of him as well because he was seen as king kong and he really wasn't fighting nobody. His confidence is shot. Maybe he has one more serious run in him if he can get his confidence back up. That fight would've been interesting if he fought the entire fight how he fought the 12th round

As for Pascal, he won't do some of those things against Kovalev or Stevenson but the linger he has RJJ on the team the more I'm intrigued by those match ups. I could see him giving some problems to Kovalev, not so much against Stevenson but who knows. RJJ added some stuff to Pascal's game and I liked what I saw from this union so far

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:04 AM