IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV: Cotto vs Martinez Set for June 7 @ MSG (Preview and Poll!), Who Will Win? Vote Now!
Cotto Vs. Martinez Poll
Who Wins?
Martinez by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Martinez by Dec (Wide) [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Martinez by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [47.06%]
Cotto by Decision (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Cotto by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cotto by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 17

HyyerBlaze
post Feb 4 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #51

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 4 2014, 09:29 PM) *
Cotto's gonna get handled...why are we even debating on that?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: I haven't read any of these posts, but it just looks like somebody's saying that Cotto has a chance. LOL

Agreed.

I think Sergio even at his age is too fast and too slick for Cotto.
I'm thinking this one could get stopped in the late rounds.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 4 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #52

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 4 2014, 08:49 PM) *
remember the alamo

Alamo?! Alamo Rent A Car?

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 4 2014, 08:53 PM) *
Agreed.

I think Sergio even at his age is too fast and too slick for Cotto.
I'm thinking this one could get stopped in the late rounds.

Cotto's gonna have to pressure him early and not let up, but hell, this fight may be motivation enough to bring out the old Sergio. Usually, when a guy has a worthy opponent in front of them, they show up to put it in some work.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 5 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 4 2014, 09:07 PM) *
Alamo?! Alamo Rent A Car?

Cotto's gonna have to pressure him early and not let up, but hell, this fight may be motivation enough to bring out the old Sergio. Usually, when a guy has a worthy opponent in front of them, they show up to put it in some work.

If that does happen it would be amazing, but even though I'm a maravilla maniac he has been packing on the pounds. If he does get motivated like you said and his frame holds up ggg better look out.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 5 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #54

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Martinez has the edge to me but the knee could be a variable.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2014, 11:25 AM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Had to bump this thread, since the official announcement went under the radar around here. Folks are losing sleep (and interest in other fights), because they're so uptight and frustrated with not knowing who Floyd's fighting next. Welcome back to boxing, for those of you who got lost in the ongoing Mayweather debacle...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 21 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Martinez is stopping Cotto. If Cotto fights that same way he did against Rodriguez then he is getting knocked out. Martinez has a point to prove. People keep disrespecting him and his lay off will do him good. In the first few rounds it will be interesting because of the ring rust Sergio will have but after Sergio gets his groove back, it is all down hill for Miguel. If we are doing sig bets for this fight, I got Martinez by a 10 round stoppage.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 21 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #57

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2014, 10:25 AM) *
Had to bump this thread, since the official announcement went under the radar around here. Folks are losing sleep (and interest in other fights), because they're so uptight and frustrated with not knowing who Floyd's fighting next. Welcome back to boxing, for those of you who got lost in the ongoing Mayweather debacle...

Heck, is there any point though. Floyd will slaughter his opponent in May and Sergio will slaughter Miguel in June...same ish different weight classes

And let's say Cotto wins. Whose he going to fight then? He can't beat Quillin, Gennady and those other guys imo. He probably looks for a rematch with Mayweather or has some no hoper move up to face him

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 21 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #58

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 21 2014, 10:14 AM) *
Heck, is there any point though. Floyd will slaughter his opponent in May and Sergio will slaughter Miguel in June...same ish different weight classes

And let's say Cotto wins. Whose he going to fight then? He can't beat Quillin, Gennady and those other guys imo. He probably looks for a rematch with Mayweather or has some no hoper move up to face him

Gabe Rosado. lol Or maybe a Charlo.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 22 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #59

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

If Cotto wins my guess is that he looks for a fight with possibly GGG or James Kirkland. Maybe he moves to Showtime and fights Canelo. I don't see Cotto fighting a middleweight like Charlo or Rosado. It doesn't make much sense.

I think this is going to be a really fun fight to watch. The atmosphere will be great. A great night for boxing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 22 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #60

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 21 2014, 01:14 PM) *

If Cotto wins (which I don't think he will), all he has to do is win the MW title...doesn't mean that he has to defend it, lol.

You're right, he can cash in on a Mayweather rematch, that's if Mayweather feels that he needs a mulligan. Lol

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:29 AM