IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV: Cotto vs Martinez Set for June 7 @ MSG (Preview and Poll!), Who Will Win? Vote Now!
Cotto Vs. Martinez Poll
Who Wins?
Martinez by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Martinez by Dec (Wide) [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Martinez by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [47.06%]
Cotto by Decision (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Cotto by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cotto by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 17

Gambit808
post Feb 22 2014, 01:04 AM
Post #61

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

As of now, I'm going with my gut feeling that Cotto gets the upset. No explanation really needed from me as I'm basing this theory totally off of home crowd advantage, Martinez's age, being injury proned, and the the long layoff that may have an effect on him having to shake the rust off, to be honest.

Man, I'm actually more amped about the fight happening at MSG a day before the PR day parade, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif) it don't get no better than that. A couple dollars and a J train away and we good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 22 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2014, 11:14 PM) *
If Cotto wins (which I don't think he will), all he has to do is win the MW title...doesn't mean that he has to defend it, lol.

You're right, he can cash in on a Mayweather rematch, that's if Mayweather feels that he needs a mulligan. Lol

I bet Floyd wouldn't mind moving up to MW to dispatch of Miguel one more time, especially since he letting his defense lack as of late. That's be like a man playing with kids

I don't see Miguel winning either but that fight will be exciting and the crowd will be amped, too bad they can't fight for him though lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 22 2014, 03:03 PM) *
I bet Floyd wouldn't mind moving up to MW to dispatch of Miguel one more time, especially since he letting his defense lack as of late. That's be like a man playing with kids

I don't see Miguel winning either but that fight will be exciting and the crowd will be amped, too bad they can't fight for him though lol

I wouldn't mind seeing him move up to MW to fight Miguel (if he beats Martinez), but truthfully, he doesn't have to. He didn't put on the best performance against Cotto, but it surely wasn't his worst either.

I look at it this way, he'll make more money by moving up to fight Cotto at 160, than he would if he moved up to fight Martinez. Floyd can make just as much money if if the fights Cotto at 154. Puts Martinez in a bad spot, right? Lol

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 26 2014, 05:07 PM
Post #64

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

At first given their styles I thought Martinez would slaughter Cotto, but now I think Cotto is going to expose Martinez lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 01:17 PM) *
I wouldn't mind seeing him move up to MW to fight Miguel (if he beats Martinez), but truthfully, he doesn't have to. He didn't put on the best performance against Cotto, but it surely wasn't his worst either.

I look at it this way, he'll make more money by moving up to fight Cotto at 160, than he would if he moved up to fight Martinez. Floyd can make just as much money if if the fights Cotto at 154. Puts Martinez in a bad spot, right? Lol

Martinez is in one helluva bad spot. He needs to win and I expect him to win...and yes Mayweather doesn't have to move up at all as I've been one of the harshest critics of those who think he should. But wouldn't it be just so tempting to snatch the belt from Cotto, beat him again and add more to his legacy. It's almost too good for him to pass up if it plays out that Miguel beats Martinez...but I think Martinez is going to batter Cotto

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 09:15 PM
Post #66

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 05:24 PM) *
Martinez is in one helluva bad spot. He needs to win and I expect him to win...and yes Mayweather doesn't have to move up at all as I've been one of the harshest critics of those who think he should. But wouldn't it be just so tempting to snatch the belt from Cotto, beat him again and add more to his legacy. It's almost too good for him to pass up if it plays out that Miguel beats Martinez...but I think Martinez is going to batter Cotto

Yes he is. Is Martinez the Ring champ and the WBC champ? I always wondered if those titles went hand in hand, somebody help me out here. Now, if Martinez was the WBC and WBA MW champ, then, would it have been possible for him to fight for one of his titles, or both?

A Cotto rematch at MW would be tempting...almost wouldn't blame Floyd for taking that fight. Oh wait a minute, then I'd be accused of saying that it's okay for Floyd to move up to MW to fight a guy that he knows he can beat, rather than moving up and fighting somebody like Martinez or GGG. Ask me if I give a damn. lol

As far as I'm concerned, he's only moved up to Jr MW 3 times, and each time he's moved up, he's broken records. Cotto's just moving up to win a belt to make PR history...hope his purse is worth this type of risk. I applaud him for doing it, but I just don't see the need for guys to do all of of this moving up and down, if the money isn't what they want it to be.

I'm not sure what Cotto's making for this fight, but whatever the amount is, I'm quite sure it's under $4M and I'm quite sure he's made this amount before in his career...I don't see a record-breaking purse coming out of this...I really don't. I'm waiting to see how many "fans" are going to throw him into purgatory after this...they sure as hell were quick to do it after the Trout loss.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #67

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 08:15 PM) *
Yes he is. Is Martinez the Ring champ and the WBC champ? I always wondered if those titles went hand in hand, somebody help me out here. Now, if Martinez was the WBC and WBA MW champ, then, would it have been possible for him to fight for one of his titles, or both?

A Cotto rematch at MW would be tempting...almost wouldn't blame Floyd for taking that fight. Oh wait a minute, then I'd be accused of saying that it's okay for Floyd to move up to MW to fight a guy that he knows he can beat, rather than moving up and fighting somebody like Martinez or GGG. Ask me if I give a damn. lol

As far as I'm concerned, he's only moved up to Jr MW 3 times, and each time he's moved up, he's broken records. Cotto's just moving up to win a belt to make PR history...hope his purse is worth this type of risk. I applaud him for doing it, but I just don't see the need for guys to do all of of this moving up and down, if the money isn't what they want it to be.

I'm not sure what Cotto's making for this fight, but whatever the amount is, I'm quite sure it's under $4M and I'm quite sure he's made this amount before in his career...I don't see a record-breaking purse coming out of this...I really don't. I'm waiting to see how many "fans" are going to throw him into purgatory after this...they sure as hell were quick to do it after the Trout loss.

I don't know if he's still the ring champ, he should be but he hasn't been that active so who knows

It's too tempting to pass up, he can make history on his own terms instead of moving up to fight the closet monsters. But your right. If he does do that then he will be bashed for not facing Golovkin.

I don't know what Cotto is making either, but no don't see nothing close to what even Tim Bradley's getting to fight Pacquiao. And I personally feel Cotto-Martinez is a bigger and more important fight then the Pac-Bradley. Also the reason why many did Cotto like that after the Trout fight is because u feel every time he loses some fans have flashbacks if the Margarito I fight. He can get pricked by a needles and people's minds would turn to that fight. In our generation that was the definition of a beat down in boxing

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 26 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #68

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 10:15 PM) *

Do you give a damn? Lol

I was still wit em after the trout loss just wasn't his night. As for the margacheato fight. That mess was cleared up after the wraps came out ...margaritos style made him crimson dynamo wit them wraps ....probably did maravilla dirty too!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #69

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 26 2014, 09:55 PM) *
Do you give a damn? Lol

I was still wit em after the trout loss just wasn't his night. As for the margacheato fight. That mess was cleared up after the wraps came out ...margaritos style made him crimson dynamo wit them wraps ....probably did maravilla dirty too!

Actually I don't, lol...the doc told me to "pick my battles", so I wont get these silly ass anxiety attacks that I have from time to time. Lol

I was still with him after the Trout loss too...just hated the fact that he even took the fight in the first place. At this point of Miguel's career, he's been in some wars and is damn near shop worn, his best bet is to fight for his family (read: for as much money as he can, per fight) and forget about these silly "fans". I swear most of those dudes left Cotto for dead after he lost to Trout...glad he took a break after that.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #70

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 09:31 PM) *
I don't know if he's still the ring champ, he should be but he hasn't been that active so who knows

It's too tempting to pass up, he can make history on his own terms instead of moving up to fight the closet monsters. But your right. If he does do that then he will be bashed for not facing Golovkin.

I don't know what Cotto is making either, but no don't see nothing close to what even Tim Bradley's getting to fight Pacquiao. And I personally feel Cotto-Martinez is a bigger and more important fight then the Pac-Bradley. Also the reason why many did Cotto like that after the Trout fight is because u feel every time he loses some fans have flashbacks if the Margarito I fight. He can get pricked by a needles and people's minds would turn to that fight. In our generation that was the definition of a beat down in boxing

LMAO at "closet monsters"!

And yes, he'll be ridiculed for not facing these boogeymen, but at the end of the day, at his advanced age of what, 37?, he needs to be fighting for money...37 is old in boxing. Cotto needs to be on the same track, or he'll be in Mosley's shoes if he doesn't do right with his money.

I'm not saying that Shane's broke, but after a nasty divorce, alimony, child support, then going on to pick up some Pepsi-drinking blowup doll who clearly wants money...will have you fighting well past your heydays.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:48 AM