IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD VS KHAN??? Anyone out there interested....
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 21 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #11

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2014, 07:11 AM) *
curious how Floyd would deal with Khans speed and if Virgil can actually make someone better thats not Andre Ward. Other than that, we all know the result, Mayweather via TKO/Decision.

I cant possibly see how Khan can improve, he has looked horrible in particular moments in his last few fights, yes the kid has hand speed, but that's it. To beat Floyd you need angles, in and out along with head movement, descent speed will suffice,a solid chin, and timing with a solid punch and ah yes if all else fails stamina for the later rounds. Virgil is good but you can't really teach commitment to punching through and strengthening a "glass jaw". Maidana would 100 times be better for a competitive fight, I would pay for this fight; Floyd-Khan exhibition fight at best... definitely NOT worth my money.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Jan 21 2014, 01:09 PM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Well it's a better fight than to see him against another flat footed plodder. Amir's biggest issue is his chin but he's a technical fighter and his career has been based on that because he isn't a real power puncher. So it's not just power facing Floyd this time..I think had Amir not been rocked so many times it would make for a compelling fight but he's always one punch away from doing the harlem shake but in comparison at least he might get off his combo's and who knows shock the the world but he's got a better chance than a brawler that much we can all agree with I believe. Really not interested in more fights with guys who need to always reset to punch.

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 21 2014, 01:28 PM
Post #13

Amateur

QUOTE (kej718 @ Jan 21 2014, 11:29 AM) *
I'm going to watch it anyway because I am a fan of Floyds
1. Garcia would have been my first chooice but he is not moving up yet
2. Maidana is fighting Broner again
3. Bradley is with HBO and Top Rank (hope to see this in the future) same goes for Pac

So who else is there Porter? Thurman? (They may be fighting each other, and the winner would be another good future opponent for Floyd)

Khan is known in the sport has a win over Barrera, Maidana, Malignaggi, Judah, should have won against Peterson, Julio Diaz who fought to a draw against Porter.
Do I think Khan deserves it more than the 3 guys that I listed? No not really but Garcia, Bradley, and Maidana are not available. If Khan fought Alexander and won not to many people would be complaining about this fight. Floyd is fighting twice this year so that also makes it tougher to find him an opponent that can sell PPV.

If not Khan then who at 147 realistically?

Most of us will probably end up watching it one way or another, no doubt... but the PPV#'s are not going to reflect it. I am always happy to pay for great entertainment. This fight however is like tipping a waiter 25% knowing I will only get mediocre service at best, only difference is that I'd be tipping FIRST which is silly for me to do. Can you imagine if this business actually work that way? Where we could pay for we actually want to watch and tip according to their performance I'd bet we would be indulged with a lot more competitive fights and we wouldn't have to deal with these "lazy-space-fillers" types of matchups.

I would much rather see Floyd-Maidana, yes Khan beat Maidana but this is not the same Maidana that he fought back then. In fact, I would like to see a rematch later, and I am sure Maidana would destroy Khan. Anyhow, realistically speaking you asked who could he fight? Maidana. Broner, Maidana, including Floyd are all under the same umbrella... and it's funny that the same powers that be coincidenlty materialize a "rematch clause" for a one-sided fight that no one wants to see at least not now anyway, but again it was only brought up right around the same time that Maidana's name was pulling ahead as far as who the boxing fans wanted to see Floyd fight next and as far as I know, the Broner-Maidana fight has not been officially signed and sealed and neither has the Floyd-Khan, so to me "they" are still trying to feel things out because the "BigBoss" wants to make the most profitable matchup without putting their cash cow at risk.

Here are my matchups that would work well all the way around: (assuming Oritz gets by Collazo) Ortiz-Broner, Maidana-Floyd, Khan-Brook and then you could have all kinds of mix-n-matches including exciting rematches.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 21 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (sduck @ Jan 21 2014, 09:03 AM) *
Khan would be a tough fight for Floyd, given the reach and hand speed, it'd be interesting to see how Floyd deals with that kind of pressure, especially in this stage of his career. Floyd would easily outbox Maidana and make him look completely stale. A fight with Amir Khan is more interesting, plus Khan is more known than Maidana.

Floyd will deal with Khan's speed just like Diaz, Peterson, and Garcia dealt with it. Khan is the stupidest that damn boxer next to Ortiz to date. Actually that is a fight I rather see.

QUOTE (kej718 @ Jan 21 2014, 09:29 AM) *
3. Bradley is with HBO and Top Rank (hope to see this in the future) same goes for Pac

So who else is there Porter? Thurman? (They may be fighting each other, and the winner would be another good future opponent for Floyd)

Khan is known in the sport has a win over Barrera, Maidana, Malignaggi, Judah, should have won against Peterson, Julio Diaz who fought to a draw against Porter.
Do I think Khan deserves it more than the 3 guys that I listed? No not really but Garcia, Bradley, and Maidana are not available. If Khan fought Alexander and won not to many people would be complaining about this fight. Floyd is fighting twice this year so that also makes it tougher to find him an opponent that can sell PPV.

In the words of my boy Lee Corso, NOT SO FAST! No contract has been signed and Floyd and his team said that Maidana and Khan are his top two picks.

I would rather see May fight Bradley then I would the Pac fight.

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 21 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #15

Amateur

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 21 2014, 12:09 PM) *
Well it's a better fight than to see him against another flat footed plodder. Amir's biggest issue is his chin but he's a technical fighter and his career has been based on that because he isn't a real power puncher. So it's not just power facing Floyd this time..I think had Amir not been rocked so many times it would make for a compelling fight but he's always one punch away from doing the harlem shake but in comparison at least he might get off his combo's and who knows shock the the world but he's got a better chance than a brawler that much we can all agree with I believe. Really not interested in more fights with guys who need to always reset to punch.

I couldn't class Maidana as flat footed now, in fact... he move quite well against broner easily cutting the ring off on him, I saw head movement faints and angles. Maidana has much improved since he got with Garcia, he always had the "it", but now he is doing "it" better. A few right hand leads from Floyd will have Khan doubting himself and go on survival mode skipping clamping pushing probably by the 3rd and then just try to come on the championship rounds, that's it that would be the fight, Floyd wins by UD. To challenge Floyd u need headmovement, angles, in and out, a solid chin just incase and commitment to punches, punching before, while and after getting tagged. That's all Miadana right there... only factor stamina, Maidana can improve on that, it is physically possible thru training... becoming relentless and acquiring a solid jaw is not.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 21 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 21 2014, 05:47 PM) *
I cant possibly see how Khan can improve, he has looked horrible in particular moments in his last few fights, yes the kid has hand speed, but that's it. To beat Floyd you need angles, in and out along with head movement, descent speed will suffice,a solid chin, and timing with a solid punch and ah yes if all else fails stamina for the later rounds. Virgil is good but you can't really teach commitment to punching through and strengthening a "glass jaw". Maidana would 100 times be better for a competitive fight, I would pay for this fight; Floyd-Khan exhibition fight at best... definitely NOT worth my money.

Look at what Alexander did to Maidana and see. Sure he's improved because he hasn't really fought any pure boxers. He'll lose worse than Khan, atleast Khan brings elements we haven't seen for a while.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 08:24 AM) *
Put this in your record, I didn't start this thread. And for the record, this is a shit fight.

Yeah I know, I still ain't over you causing me to lose $100. Thanks for nothing ass hole

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (kej718 @ Jan 21 2014, 11:29 AM) *

This...Danny is the only one outside of Bradley that truly deserves a fight with Mayweather. Maidana hasn't done shit except beat Broner, which was big but he beat Karrass and Josesito previously. he's not exactly setting the world on fire TBH.

When I look at it now though I'd rather the fight go to Khan because of those comments by Maidana and his team. He made about the rematch clause for the fight with Broner and now he can't train because his girl is pregnant and he wants to be there. That was understandable, until he and his team started and still are pushing for the Mayweather fight. I find it odd he can;t fight on the 26th of April but he can make it 7 days later...he and his team are full of shit. Fight Broner again, win and get the shot. Still don't think Khan earned it but I hope Marcos don't get it

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 21 2014, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 12:39 PM) *
[b]Floyd will deal with Khan's speed just like Diaz, Peterson, and Garcia dealt with it.[/b] Khan is the stupidest that damn boxer next to Ortiz to date. Actually that is a fight I rather see.

In the words of my boy Lee Corso, NOT SO FAST! No contract has been signed and Floyd and his team said that Maidana and Khan are his top two picks.

I would rather see May fight Bradley then I would the Pac fight.

I keep hearing that from fans that Khan's speed will trouble Floyd. That's not a given, you beat speed by timing. His speed has done him in at times, like against Lamont and Danny. That's not exactly an advantage it could be a disadvantage

+Quote Post
truth
post Jan 22 2014, 01:20 AM
Post #20

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

First i don't like this fight it will be a better fight than Madiana in my opinion because Khan is better technically than madiana but the reason i don't like it is Floyd needs to ko this guy and i feel if doesnt he gets robbed. As crazy as it sounds i think that's what happens i want to see him fight Martinez they still havent confirmed that fight yet with cotto yet

This post has been edited by truth: Jan 22 2014, 01:21 AM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:23 AM