IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD VS KHAN??? Anyone out there interested....
checkleft
post Jan 22 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 21 2014, 02:52 PM) *
I couldn't class Maidana as flat footed now, in fact... he move quite well against broner easily cutting the ring off on him, I saw head movement faints and angles. Maidana has much improved since he got with Garcia, he always had the "it", but now he is doing "it" better. A few right hand leads from Floyd will have Khan doubting himself and go on survival mode skipping clamping pushing probably by the 3rd and then just try to come on the championship rounds, that's it that would be the fight, Floyd wins by UD. To challenge Floyd u need headmovement, angles, in and out, a solid chin just incase and commitment to punches, punching before, while and after getting tagged. That's all Miadana right there... only factor stamina, Maidana can improve on that, it is physically possible thru training... becoming relentless and acquiring a solid jaw is not.

Broner is not Floyd. Maidana hasn't fought anyone on floyds level, not even close. Sure he can cut off the ring against guys like khan and broner who go straight back, or in khans case literally run.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2014, 10:13 AM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Damn, I wish guys would leave the idea of a Martinez fight alone. Sheesh, before you know it, guys are gonna want Floyd to fight at 168. Just let it go and think logically for a change...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 22 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 09:13 AM) *
Damn, I wish guys would leave the idea of a Martinez fight alone. Sheesh, before you know it, guys are gonna want Floyd to fight at 168. Just let it go and think logically for a change...

yeah that's that BS right there!! it's like he's the only fighter who has to continually prove his greatness by moving up to every weight class to face all the biggest and best fighters, no other WW is required to do that except Mayweather.

Floyd will beat the brakes off of Khan (handspeed or no handspeed).

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 22 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 07:13 AM) *

Why are you making fun of Da Professor?

Floyd could fight damn a heavy weight and they would still bitch.

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 22 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #25

Amateur

Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2014, 01:21 PM) *
Look at what Alexander did to Maidana and see. Sure he's improved because he hasn't really fought any pure boxers. He'll lose worse than Khan, atleast Khan brings elements we haven't seen for a while.

If you are referring to Alexander's "superior clinching" skills well then yeah Floyd possesses that skill as well, but you do know those are technically fouls, it's not part of boxing according to the actual rules, and without referees actually doing there jobs, I am ok with seeing more headbutting. I want to see Floyd try to pull that crap on Maidana. But seriously, Khan-Floyd would be more of exhibition fight, not competitive... how do we not already know that Floyd won't pull the trigger on Khan and instead outpoint him and Khan as soon as he gets tagged by right-hand leads will just start running and clinching, that's it thats your fight right there.

Maidana on the other hand has the power to knock Floyd down, he has the work rate to catch Floyd while he gets flusted being bombarded by combos coming from different angles and if Maidana works on his in-n-out movement he can become Floyd's problem. Unless you are trying to help Floyd keep his undefeated status, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to see Maidana-Floyd. Maidana can knock down, knock out Floyd... Khan cannot plus has a glass chin.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 22 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 11:51 AM) *
If you are referring to Alexander's "superior clinching" skills well then yeah Floyd possesses that skill as well, but you do know those are technically fouls, it's not part of boxing according to the actual rules, and without referees actually doing there jobs, I am ok with seeing more headbutting. I want to see Floyd try to pull that crap on Maidana. But seriously, Khan-Floyd would be more of exhibition fight, not competitive... how do we not already know that Floyd won't pull the trigger on Khan and instead outpoint him and Khan as soon as he gets tagged by right-hand leads will just start running and clinching, that's it thats your fight right there.

Maidana on the other hand has the power to knock Floyd down, he has the work rate to catch Floyd while he gets flusted being bombarded by combos coming from different angles and if Maidana works on his in-n-out movement he can become Floyd's problem. Unless you are trying to help Floyd keep his undefeated status, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to see Maidana-Floyd. Maidana can knock down, knock out Floyd... Khan cannot plus has a glass chin.

Maidana is too slow and predictable to get in and out vs Floyd, plus he has stamina issues which you cannot afford to have vs Mayweather because he'll explode and take you out. I think you are overrating Maidana's power too much or underrating Floyd's chin too much; either way I can't see the slow/plodding Marcos being able to outmaneuver Mayweather.

Clinching isn't a foul, excessive clinching is only if the Referee enforces it. I've never seen Floyd clinch excessively for the record. Khan is technically better than Maidana but he doesn't have the firepower or offensive output that Marcos has.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 22 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 10:51 AM) *

I like Marcos but I am not living in the land of delusional either. Marcos fought a lightweight barely a jr welterweight. Broner got caught by a great punch, however Broner isn't use to welterweights punches. Mayweather has taken hits from Judah, Chop Chop, Mosley, Cotto, and Augustus. He can take a punch. Please don't think that Maidana hit harder than any of those guys. I'm not not saying Maidana can't catch Floyd because anything can happen in boxing but come on.

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 22 2014, 02:03 PM
Post #28

Amateur

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2014, 09:44 PM) *
This...Danny is the only one outside of Bradley that truly deserves a fight with Mayweather. Maidana hasn't done shit except beat Broner, which was big but he beat Karrass and Josesito previously. he's not exactly setting the world on fire TBH.

When I look at it now though I'd rather the fight go to Khan because of those comments by Maidana and his team. He made about the rematch clause for the fight with Broner and now he can't train because his girl is pregnant and he wants to be there. That was understandable, until he and his team started and still are pushing for the Mayweather fight. I find it odd he can;t fight on the 26th of April but he can make it 7 days later...he and his team are full of shit. Fight Broner again, win and get the shot. Still don't think Khan earned it but I hope Marcos don't get it

Floyd broner Maidana are all under the same umbrella, Maidana was easily being favored over Khan in a Floyd fight, and between the two (going by there last few fights) Maidana definitely would be the one that deserves the shot. Simple-Maidana will put Floyd to work, we could see Floyd's first knock down, ko... his first loss, that is very plausible. Khan knocking out, knocking down Floyd is highly improbable the best he could do is try to outwork Floyd, but yeah right that wont happen either, that being said, all of a sudden this "rematch clause" materializes. To me it didn't exist at first, otherwise someone would have mentioned it right after the fight, something... and so it would be "shooting themselves in the foot" if they just straight up go against the "BigBoss", so to me they are doing the next best thing to stall until they get the fight they actually deserve over Khan. Plus a broner-Maidana rematch???? when has anyone wanted to see a rematch for a fight that was so one-sided. Canelo didn't nearly get a beat down against Floyd like broner did but no one is clamoring for a rematch either;including myself. This is all BS.

So because all of this is taking place and Maidana is looking for a way to get to the fight he deserves you are stating that would be enough of a reason why Khan should get the fight with no other logical reason behind it. I seriously feel people are trying to protect a boxer when they are okaying lazy fights. A Maidana fight is C L E A R L Y a more competitive fight than a Khan fight would be plus it would make more money, it's not just Argentinians that would pay to watch this fight, it would be all the real boxing fans here in the U.S, and a huge percentage of Latin america especially big boxing enthusiasts in Mexico and Puerto Rico including everyone that despises broner's character and Floyds style of boxing and there are a whole lot of those, plus I am sure the fact that chino is Chinese in Spanish (which btw I am sure Maidana is from Asian descent), the Asian boxing community will lay some claim to Chino and give him their support.... point being there is WHOLE LOT more money in a Maidana fight over Khan. COME ON, REALLY???The choice could not be any easier. Competitiveness and Money-simple.

This post has been edited by SylentKnghtz: Jan 22 2014, 02:12 PM

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 22 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #29

Amateur

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 22 2014, 12:29 PM) *
Maidana is too slow and predictable to get in and out vs Floyd, plus he has stamina issues which you cannot afford to have vs Mayweather because he'll explode and take you out. I think you are overrating Maidana's power too much or underrating Floyd's chin too much; either way I can't see the slow/plodding Marcos being able to outmaneuver Mayweather.

Clinching isn't a foul, excessive clinching is only if the Referee enforces it. I've never seen Floyd clinch excessively for the record. Khan is technically better than Maidana but he doesn't have the firepower or offensive output that Marcos has.

Maidana can work on introducing in and out movement, he looks slow because he always packing a punch, but he's not that slow, plus he's been working on time rather than speed which would counter act Floyds speed. Broner didnt have a glass chin before Maidana yes he was coming up in weight and whatever, Maidana is known for knock outs I dont think I am overating anything... also I also am not underatting Floyd's chin, he rarely gets connected squarely on the chin but the few times that he has I have seen him stagger and woble (Hatton, Zab, Mosely, and I think Ortiz to name a few). Maidana doesn't have to outmaneuver Floyd, he just has to keep him jumping by firing combos to body head and not preoccupy himself with wasting punches on the ropes ... to beat Floyd you have to give him enough real estate so that he can instinctively take flight and that's when you catch him wont go into exact details but thats when you would. Maidana biggest asset (aside his power) is his confidence behind his punches, he commits to punches,,,before, while, and after getting tagged. The most effective tool Floyd would use, which I hate because it's not boxing is "clinching" like he did with Hatton and Ortiz, both boxer's with an excellent work rate and yes Floyd was clinching excessively in those fights with very very little warnings.

Marquess of Queensberry rules Rule 2: No wrestling or hugging allowed... that rule doesnt mean not to take of the gloves and start grappleing or not start making out with your opponent... no matter how it is now accepted Clinching is breaking the rules; hence a foul (boxers are prohibited from hitting below the belt, holding, tripping, pushing, biting, or spitting) Ok it happens, but when it's used as a defensive tactic then point deductions should take place, to me 3 clinches in a round deserve a point deduction... should be treated like a low blow because it is zapping the other punches power impeding them from the main thing that boxing IS... throwing punches. In that case why not start using turning your back completely and or just fall/dive to avoid a punch as a defensive tactic.

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 22 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #30

Amateur

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 22 2014, 12:30 AM) *
Broner is not Floyd. Maidana hasn't fought anyone on floyds level, not even close. Sure he can cut off the ring against guys like khan and broner who go straight back, or in khans case literally run.

No broner is not Floyd, but then again broner was unbeaten and never even knocked down using Floyd's similar style, broner seemed untouchable at times, until he got spanked by Maidana and yes Maidana hasn't fought anyone on Floyd's level, but then again who is? Broner was definitely the closest if anything. Boxing experts can analize all they want but the truth is we wont know what will happen until it actually takes place, but the one thing that is for sure Khan can't outwork or knock out Floyd... but there is a possibility that Maidana can basing it on what we saw in his fight with broner.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:26 AM