IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD VS KHAN??? Anyone out there interested....
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2014, 12:49 AM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 23 2014, 08:12 PM) *
I won’t apologize for the “book” I previously replied to you with, but it was necessary due to your selective reading comprehension skills, I should of just said for you to re-read my post(s) but since you came at me so sassy [lol] by twisting my words and trying to split hairs, I wanted to make it a point to SHOW you how you had failed to comprehend my previous posts. Im glad however you did comprehend the part of what I was saying was indeed a “theory”, hopefully my stating it also in the post itself didn’t confuse you… … moving on, I did state plenty of facts mainly that “broner IS THE closet thing to Floyd” when it comes to a fight with Maidana and to that you stated that “You killed any valid knowledge you could contribute with that dumb shit right there. Adrien was nothing and will never be nothing like Broner” (I am sure you meant to say Floyd, but I got it) now if you really believe that then you are delusional- shit I guess all the boxing experts and fans alike that have made that comparison are also dumb shit thinking…hehehehe, thanks for the laugh; I also asked you if not him, then WHO, the question was not addressed. You sound like a real stand-up guy with this whole “Sorry but I respect those who live up to their commitments” crap, my point was there was BS politics involved in the whole rematch clause, or is the knowledge of politics playing a BIG role in boxing also just a “theory” an “opinion”. And btw way, no shit I am posting my opinions, kind of hard not to, read your own posts and see if it is opinion-less, even some of what you construe as a fact is your opinion. Is this your first time being challenged on a forum? LMAO

Lastly, as far as falling “just a tad short of" what I was trying to achieve, I got you there too son, my “agenda” was “put out there” and the fact the an avid boxing member of this forum would not or could not challenge it diligently it made my “agenda” that much more resounding b/c you Chi-ed away from continuing an argument that you... just... couldn’t... win. Pa-EACE!

Sassy? Please don't say that again, I've never heard a man in this day and age say that, ever lol. Find a different word or phrase it differently please lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 24 2014, 02:33 AM
Post #62

Amateur

Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2014, 11:49 PM) *
Sassy? Please don't say that again, I've never heard a man in this day and age say that, ever lol. Find a different word or phrase it differently please lol

Yeah you're right it definetly is not a word used in my everyday vocabulary period, glad you caught that, maybe I should have put it in quotes but never the less the word was strategically used. hehehe. smart one.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 24 2014, 05:54 AM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:23 PM) *
Listen to what you're saying, and see how it applies in bother scenarios.

You're saying that Floyd's the smaller fighter at 154, so that makes him a big WW but a small JMW, right? Okay, before I get started on Sergio...he's been fighting at MW since 2009...so let' stop with the whole "he's small MW" stuff. If you've been at a certain weight for a long period of time (in Sergio's case, nearly 5 years), then it's not the best idea to move down or even toy around with small lbs...whether it's 2 or 3.

Floyd walks around at whatever weight he wants us to believe he walks around at...we don't know this for sure, it's his word, not the honest to God truth. And if he walks around around near his fighting weight (which is 147), then why would he even bother with a 160 lb fight, when he doesn't even make 154 on the head.

How many times has Floyd fought at 154? 3 times...that's it. NOW, if he had been fighting at 154 for 3 years, then I'd entertain a MW fight. Sergio is as brittle as they come nowadays (health wise), so I wouldn't even encourage him to entertain a catchweight at this point.

If we're saying that Sergio's a small MW, then let's go as far as saying that Floyd is a small WW (which he really) is)...so let's tell Floyd to move down to 140 and fight somebody...probably wont hear that from anybody around here. Guys get so hooked on, "Oh Ortiz, Canelo, Cotto, and Oscar came in above 160 lbs and Floyd did fine in those fights". WRONG, rehydration weights and fighting weights are two different things.

Sergio probably walks around at close 180 lbs, so he'll be close to 170 lbs after he rehydrates. Floyd will rehydrate to what, 156 (at best), IF he weighs in somewhere close to the MW limit...which I highly doubt. So we're looking at a JMW fighting a LHW on fight night. Its bad enough that you aren't even fighting a guy in your division the day after you weigh in, but that much a size difference is ridiculous.

Some of yall really need to put on some gloves (regulation gloves), and get hit by a guy that outweighs you 20+ lbs. Hell, on the wrong day, if you get by a guy YOUR size or smaller, you'll be seeing the little birdies.

It's a problem because it makes absolutely no sense for him to be fighting at MW, let alone 154 for that matter. Real boxing fans will make sense of the current 140 and 147 situation, rather than dream and talk up a fight that makes absolutely no sense. Hell, let's demand Pacquiao to move up to 154 (which he hasn't truly done) and fight Demetrius Andrade, hell, or fight Cotto at 154.

The real issue with hardcore fans wanting him to fight the middleweight champ of the world is because he thinks hes one of the greats, yet the greats did a lot more.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2014, 08:39 AM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 24 2014, 01:33 AM) *
Yeah you're right it definetly is not a word used in my everyday vocabulary period, glad you caught that, maybe I should have put it in quotes but never the less the word was strategically used. hehehe. smart one.

I hear you, just no more of that. I've forgotten you said it already lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 24 2014, 09:16 AM
Post #65

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 24 2014, 04:54 AM) *
The real issue with hardcore fans wanting him to fight the middleweight champ of the world is because he thinks hes one of the greats, yet the greats did a lot more.

Yes they did, a lot more losing!! The Greatest lost to a guy who had only 7 fights, let's not act as if anyone who thinks that they are great are required to prove something to your standard or anyone else's for that matter-people are entitled to think whatever they want but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is so.

Ali said he's the Greatest, now I think he's great but not the Greatest and he was saying that long before he finished his career (after KOing Liston) but not one person questioned him and said that he needed to prove it.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 24 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 24 2014, 06:16 AM) *
Yes they did, a lot more losing!! The Greatest lost to a guy who had only 7 fights, let's not act as if anyone who thinks that they are great are required to prove something to your standard or anyone else's for that matter-people are entitled to think whatever they want but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is so.

Ali said he's the Greatest, now I think he's great but not the Greatest and he was saying that long before he finished his career (after KOing Liston) but not one person questioned him and said that he needed to prove it.

Neither have they ever questioned his resume. Floyd gets shit from every which way. He isn't a MW he's not even a Jr. MW. If he loses to a MW then he was never that good to begin with, always something. Should Bradley fight a MW or GGG fight Ward at 168 to prove his greatness? Shit should Mikey Garcia fight a WW? shit is dumb.

Like the reat Emmanuel Steward said: "We have weight classes for a reason"

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #67

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (truth @ Jan 23 2014, 11:48 PM) *
I agree with your overall points here all im saying is this is a fight floyd could win especially based on the fact that Martinez nax weight was 167 according to you. Im not one of those think floyd needs to do this to solidify his career because he doesnt to be honest i know ain't no way in hell may can make 160 but it doesnt change the fact he can beat someone at that weight. And i know the weight classes are there for a reason. Overall i over confident in Floyds skill. Don't even mention pac and those fake titles he got we feel they same way on that. I believe Sergio could come in as a middle and still lose to may. Realizing the weight makes a difference when fighting however i still think may would win

How do YOU know that he can actually win this fight? I've gone on several rants about guys giving Floyd the "W" for fights that he hasn't even fought yet...this being a shining example. You're still holding on to the fact that Martinez's max weight is 167, which you're trying to use that factual number I gave and spin in to your advantage...don't waste your time with that.

As I already mentioned...there's a difference between rehydration weight and fight weight. Along with those pounds, comes "strength" and "comfort". Martinez has strength and comfort at MW, and in turn has that same strength and comfort to keep a MW off of him...IF that MW is no more than a certain weight. He sure as hell couldn't keep Julio and Murray off of him, could he? He had to move, A LOT.

The same goes for Floyd...I'm almost sure that he wont have the true strength to keep Sergio off of him, in the event that it comes down to that. I say that because mofos were giving Broner the "W" for several fights that he hadn't fought...which included the upcoming Maidana fight. What happened during the first 20 seconds of the fight? Broner was trying to turn Maidana and got caught with an equilibrium shot that put him in a bad spot for the WHOLE fight. I'm sure he planned to come in there and MOVE, box, and "dog" Maidana in spurts...not once did he anticipate that.

So NO, we CAN'T give Floyd the "W" for a Martinez fight, regardless of his skill level, Sergio's health, or this phantom weight balance that you're working so hard to make sense of. Floyd has fought WWs who put on 15+ lbs over night, but that weight advantage worked in HIS advantage...we ALL see how Sergio fights when he puts on LESS than 10 lbs over night...he's agile and the small weight gain doesn't bother him at all...he can still move and keep up a decent pace for 12 rounds...may not be in Mayweather's best interest to face that type of still at that weight.

How agile was Oscar and Canelo after they put all of that weight on overnight? Not that great. Cotto on the other hand, is a small JMW, and he actually moved very swiftly in that fight...floyd didn't look all that great in that fight...not that he looked all that bad...but it wasn't a walk in the park.

Let me go ahead and clear this up for the retards who will probably say "you just don't want Floyd to lose his '0'". My response would be to immediately STFU, because its Floyd's '0', not mine. The guy will never get credit for the current shit that he does, so I could care less.

I find it funny that Floyd's fans want him to keep breaking records and so on...like move up to MW and win a title. Yall are the fools that are putting this in the minds of these trolls who constantly discredit Floyd's career anyway...so the fact that you're saying he "should" (not "needs to", but "should) move up to MW and win a title, you're giving these trolls ammunition to discredit what he's done.

Not only that, but you want him to move up to fight what you're pretty much describing as the "easiest" of the MWs....but how is Floyd "challenging" himself by moving up and winning an "easy" fight??? Didn't Broner do that by moving up to WW and fighting the "safest" fight in that division? We all saw how that turned out in his title defense...regardless of his skill level, which was highly compared by some of you all, as "Floyd's" level.

Help me out here...if you don't feel like he needs to take the fight to "cement his legacy", then why are you even entertaining it????

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #68

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 24 2014, 05:54 AM) *

The real issue with hardcore fans, is that the majority of them are "self-proclaimed" hardcore fans...when in reality, they don't know the first thing about the first thing.

If guys were REAL boxing fans, then they'd understand that it isn't the same sport that it was "back then". "Back then", guys HAD TO fight each other, because they were boxers, and boxers only. There was Al Haymon stuff going on back then, unlike today.

If you wanted to be recognized as the greatest (read: if guys wanted bigger paydays and a title, let's be real here), then they'd fight whoever, in order to do just that. If Floyd is making all of this guaranteed money at these two current weights (WW and JWM), then why move up?

I find it funny how guys say that Floyd isn't as great as he claims to be, but they're the first one to throw dirt on Broner, saying that he's no Floyd and he's not as great as he claims to be...but Broner's trying his best to mimic the very guy (Mayweather) that people hate so much. I just don't get that part.

The greats did a lot more...because they had to, period. I don't agree with everything that Floyd does, but years from now, when people realize that nobody's able to repeat what he's done, they'll be the first to say how great he was, and how that current generation is doing it all wrong.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 24 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #69

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2014, 05:18 PM) *
The real issue with hardcore fans, is that the majority of them are "self-proclaimed" hardcore fans...when in reality, they don't know the first thing about the first thing.

If guys were REAL boxing fans, then they'd understand that it isn't the same sport that it was "back then". "Back then", guys HAD TO fight each other, because they were boxers, and boxers only. There was Al Haymon stuff going on back then, unlike today.

If you wanted to be recognized as the greatest (read: if guys wanted bigger paydays and a title, let's be real here), then they'd fight whoever, in order to do just that. If Floyd is making all of this guaranteed money at these two current weights (WW and JWM), then why move up?

I find it funny how guys say that Floyd isn't as great as he claims to be, but they're the first one to throw dirt on Broner, saying that he's no Floyd and he's not as great as he claims to be...but Broner's trying his best to mimic the very guy (Mayweather) that people hate so much. I just don't get that part.

The greats did a lot more...because they had to, period. I don't agree with everything that Floyd does, but years from now, when people realize that nobody's able to repeat what he's done, they'll be the first to say how great he was, and how that current generation is doing it all wrong.

Making a ton of money makes you a smart business man, not an all time great, and even that it was more Al Haymons doing than Mayweathers.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 24 2014, 12:32 PM
Post #70

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 24 2014, 02:16 PM) *

Doesn't really matter what I think, it's more the consensus, maybe in 20 years we'll know, he'll probably be seen in the same light as Rocky Marciano.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 11:34 PM