IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yuriorkis Gamboa NEEDS a big fight in 2014, Garcia or Rios?
AZWildCat
post Jan 21 2014, 06:50 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 11:48 AM) *
level of opposition, and his last two lackluster fights against guys he should've taken care of easily and early on. don't get me wrong, i think he's got the goods in terms of technical boxing skills, but he hasn't shown me that he wants to be considered seriously when the biggest names he's fought are probably ponce and you can argue salido. seen some of his fights against lower level boxers where he cruises past and back pedals alot. lack of heart might not be the correct choice of words, but i don't know how else to describe it. not having enough confidence in your ability?

He's been handled poorly his whole career.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 21 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 21 2014, 06:50 PM) *
He's been handled poorly his whole career.

Has no bearing on his heart

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Gamboa just needs to fight, I don't think he's been handled poorly he's a screw up. Didn't take the fight with Rios, thought he was signing with Floyd and 50 and ended up alienating 1 promotional company(GB) only to be with an unproven promoter(50) and end up fighting on his former promoters(TR) cards again. Ain't nobody mishandle him AZ, he stupid, plain and simple. Why would TR help build him back up? They going to bust him out any way they can. And then let's not forget his link to the biogenesis scandal and he's in some mess again now for some stuff

He needs to re-examine whether he really wants to fight because he seems half ass with it. He could start by getting busy. If he fought Mikey, I think that would be interesting but he'd probably lose still and Rios would likely beat him at this stage too. He needs to put in some work

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 21 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2014, 11:38 PM) *
Gamboa just needs to fight, I don't think he's been handled poorly he's a screw up. Didn't take the fight with Rios, thought he was signing with Floyd and 50 and ended up alienating 1 promotional company(GB) only to be with an unproven promoter(50) and end up fighting on his former promoters(TR) cards again. Ain't nobody mishandle him AZ, he stupid, plain and simple. Why would TR help build him back up? They going to bust him out any way they can. And then let's not forget his link to the biogenesis scandal and he's in some mess again now for some stuff

He needs to re-examine whether he really wants to fight because he seems half ass with it. He could start by getting busy. If he fought Mikey, I think that would be interesting but he'd probably lose still and Rios would likely beat him at this stage too. He needs to put in some work

Nobody behind him with his best interest at hand...thought he was joining Floyd's camp like you said and like you said got bamboozled into a shitty contract with a shitty promoter ...shit fifty could have took him over seas and made some chips wit him. Gambols is too 3rd world to know any better....and I would have held up for more money to knowing Rios was gonna gain 30lbs over night. don't blame him for that. Kid needs an elerbe in his life

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 22 2014, 12:24 AM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 21 2014, 10:10 PM) *
Nobody behind him with his best interest at hand...thought he was joining Floyd's camp like you said and like you said got bamboozled into a shitty contract with a shitty promoter ...shit fifty could have took him over seas and made some chips wit him. Gambols is too 3rd world to know any better....and I would have held up for more money to knowing Rios was gonna gain 30lbs over night. don't blame him for that. Kid needs an elerbe in his life

There's no excuse for being dumb or ignorant. He's still an adult, he should be looking out for himself and his affairs. He's just as much to blame as they are. I don't know why more athletes don't get involved with their business affairs. History is an indicator, the successful ones were involved with their careers, the ones who get busted out are the Gamboa's of the world. He's content with his situation as is, no one told him to take PED's, nobody told him to get arrested for domestic battery against 2 women, one of which is his wife. And this was this past November, he was arrested for the same thing in 2011. He's at fault too. He don't need no Ellerbe he need some damn sense

Gamboa has all the talents, but he's truly his won worst enemy. I like him as he is exciting to watch but he can't keep the train on the tracks. He's a Cuban Andre Dirrell

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 22 2014, 12:25 AM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 23 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 22 2014, 01:24 AM) *
There's no excuse for being dumb or ignorant. He's still an adult, he should be looking out for himself and his affairs. He's just as much to blame as they are. I don't know why more athletes don't get involved with their business affairs. History is an indicator, the successful ones were involved with their careers, the ones who get busted out are the Gamboa's of the world. He's content with his situation as is, no one told him to take PED's, nobody told him to get arrested for domestic battery against 2 women, one of which is his wife. And this was this past November, he was arrested for the same thing in 2011. He's at fault too. He don't need no Ellerbe he need some damn sense

Gamboa has all the talents, but he's truly his won worst enemy. I like him as he is exciting to watch but he can't keep the train on the tracks. He's a Cuban Andre Dirrell

Can't argue that last line

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 23 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 23 2014, 03:20 PM) *
Can't argue that last line

He does bet when he's active. The more he fights the better he is. And I mean that in and out the ring. He's trying to get a fight with Mikey or Rios. Those would be some enjoyable fights, Gamboa is never in a dull fight. But he should take an interim fight and then go for it.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 23 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2014, 05:28 PM) *
He does bet when he's active. The more he fights the better he is. And I mean that in and out the ring. He's trying to get a fight with Mikey or Rios. Those would be some enjoyable fights, Gamboa is never in a dull fight. But he should take an interim fight and then go for it.

i see mikey gettin the better of gamby if it comes down to it.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 23 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

He should of stayed with TMT, at least wouldn't have to see Ishe Smith fight. His career would of gone a lot further, we could of seen Gamboa at 135 fight Broner! That would of great!

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 23 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2014, 05:00 PM) *
He should of stayed with TMT, at least wouldn't have to see Ishe Smith fight. His career would of gone a lot further, we could of seen Gamboa at 135 fight Broner! That would of great!

That was the thing..he thought he was signing wit tmt till fifty said no sms.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:57 PM