IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Peterson vs. Jean-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
Cshel86
post Jan 25 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #81

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Jean took the 9th as well. It appeared to be close, but I think Jean took it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 25 2014, 11:05 PM
Post #82

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Those right hands from Diery land every single time, he's going to look back on this fight and be pissed at his activity level being so low

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 25 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #83

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 25 2014, 11:05 PM) *
Those right hands from Diery land every single time, he's going to look back on this fight and be pissed at his activity level being so low

Yep. I HATE how Lamont walks in with his left hand down and his left shoulder low...he's asking to get floored.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 25 2014, 11:18 PM
Post #84

Cruiserweight

Great fight by Lamont and I wouldn't mind seeing more of Diery

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 25 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #85

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2014, 10:07 PM) *
Yep. I HATE how Lamont walks in with his left hand down and his left shoulder low...he's asking to get floored.

He seemed over confident at times maybe that's because he was making Jean miss but he was skating by because a few of those right hands were coming fast and hard like missile's

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 25 2014, 11:22 PM
Post #86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Who cares about what happened in the Matthysse fight??? He went on to get his ass whooped 3 months later...and it WASN'T competitive, regardless of what people say. If coming forward and taking punches counts as being "competitive", then I'm ashamed.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 26 2014, 09:46 AM
Post #87

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Great fight from Lamont and Charlo. These young fighters are going to be great for boxing's future. I enjoyed watching both fighters. Good card all around.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 26 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #88

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i really anted lamont to in this fight so i could see him against danny. id like to see jermell in with angulo/canelo and im sure jermall will smash molina cause i hate molina hes dogshit. it just sucks that they trained by shields so they can never fight lara. maybe one of them will go to middleweight

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 29 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #89

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Finally got to watch the re-airing of these two fights.

Charlo vs. Rosado:

Gabe had ZERO answer for that kid, for the majority of this fight. Charlo was the quicker, more accurate and better prepared fighter that night. What I do find interesting was, it seemed that some of the steam left Charlo about round 7 or 8. When the 12 rounders come on, it will be interesting to watch. (I can't believe I'm saying this, but...) I'm really interested in seeing how the other Charlo handles "Huggy Bear" Molina

Peterson v. Jean

Admittedly, didn't know much about Jean, but he has some quick hands and good pop in those gloves of his. That being said, he seems to have a "Pascal problem", in that, the "low fuel" light seems to come on early. Maybe he was amp'd up, but after those shots didn't send Lamont anywhere, he seemed to be out of options. Lamont pretty much bullied him AND outboxed him (humiliating). While he, Mont did well, he still takes too many clean shots for my liking. Barry Hunter continuously pleaded with him to "move his head, side to side, not straight back", in what I believe to be in a different language, b/c Lamont refused to do that. So, I'm assuming they weren't speaking the same language. LOL.

Garcia v Peterson

That will be something special if Peterson can neutralize Danny's $$$ punch.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 1 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #90

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 29 2014, 12:26 PM) *
Finally got to watch the re-airing of these two fights.

Charlo vs. Rosado:

Gabe had ZERO answer for that kid, for the majority of this fight. Charlo was the quicker, more accurate and better prepared fighter that night. What I do find interesting was, it seemed that some of the steam left Charlo about round 7 or 8. When the 12 rounders come on, it will be interesting to watch. (I can't believe I'm saying this, but...) I'm really interested in seeing how the other Charlo handles "Huggy Bear" Molina

Peterson v. Jean

Admittedly, didn't know much about Jean, but he has some quick hands and good pop in those gloves of his. That being said, he seems to have a "Pascal problem", in that, the "low fuel" light seems to come on early. Maybe he was amp'd up, but after those shots didn't send Lamont anywhere, he seemed to be out of options. Lamont pretty much bullied him AND outboxed him (humiliating). While he, Mont did well, he still takes too many clean shots for my liking. Barry Hunter continuously pleaded with him to "move his head, side to side, not straight back", in what I believe to be in a different language, b/c Lamont refused to do that. So, I'm assuming they weren't speaking the same language. LOL.

Garcia v Peterson

That will be something special if Peterson can neutralize Danny's $$$ punch.

I think Jermall is actually a better fight than Jermell. The Molina fight should be interesting. I do not think Gabe expected Charlo to have all that skill. Charlo did a perfect job a neutralizing Gabe's strengths. Jermell stayed focused the entire fight and made minor adjusts throughout the fight. Notice he didn't go for the kill, instead he pressed Gabe and did not let him get any confidence as the fight loomed. Great fight and the kid showed real maturity in the ring. He didn't get flustered he stayed with the game plan and executed it to perfection. His punches were sharp and he displayed good footwork as well. Good match.

Does Danny punch as hard as Mattysse... if not then Peterson will take his punch. He is not chinny like Khan and he does not lose focus like Juda. I think the firs four rounds each guy will feel the other out and by rounds 5 on we will see some action. I don't like betting against Danny because he always comes out with his hands raised but at the same time, the LP that fought Jean looked damn good!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:11 AM