> Does Mikey Garcia lack a little boom
Cshel86
post Jan 26 2014, 11:30 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 26 2014, 09:57 PM) *
My only fear is that Mikey will learn some bad habits from the other clowns in his camp lol Is he the only fighter with any defense in that gym?

Duh....

Shame on you for even questioning that. LOL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Jan 27 2014, 12:13 AM
Post #12

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Nonsense, your not going to KO every opponent or legit opponents. Only few has done that and their records most of the time lack depth. Master Mikey is only 26 and fights like he's 20 years in the game.

I was very impressed with his win over Burgos who I thought was going to hurt and possibly drop Mikey at least twice. Mikey not only took Burgos' best shot and didn't drop but also made Burgos rethink his entire gameplan and then scrap it. Burgos knew he wasn't going to win and only fought to see the final bell that's the type of skills you don't see with a lot of fighters, to mentally defeat them is the best victory next to a KO.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 27 2014, 12:53 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

It was a solid fight, but boring. Wasnt quite as bad as watching grass grow, but this guy needs to drink the Broner kool aid.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 27 2014, 01:15 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 26 2014, 01:28 PM) *
mikey garcia does exaclty what is needed, like ward said, you cant just blow out every opponent. i mean what the fuck, hbo has their 2nd top ko artist in mikey garcia, and they were shitting on him cuz he couldnt ko burgos, it makes me fuckin sick. mikey was smashing everybody, he finally faces a good solid fighter who is a veteran and isnt going down cuz he decided he couldnt win the fight so hed rather just go the distance, and they shittin on him, im glad ward put them in theyre place.

edit: man i would love to see gamboa in theyre next with mikey. that is a pick em fight, id go with mikey tho

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 26 2014, 01:46 PM) *
Hbo expects...ah hem ... demands knockouts. Their apart if the problem

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking like this. I think incredibly highly of UFC analysts, they never degrade or demean their fighters. How are you gonna sit there and shit on the product your company is selling its audience? It makes no sense to me.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 27 2014, 01:56 AM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I was thinking the same thing when listening the announcers, without that fighter input commentary there would be no point at all to the commentary. I think they should 2 announcers with fighting experience and then just 1 who is an analyst. Because having 2 sports analysts who clearly don't know shit about getting in the ring always takes away from watching the fight....Would also be a good way to get some publicity as a fighter if they had a different fighter for each fight night.

Andre ward, Roy Jones, and Paulie Malinaggi would be an awesome commentary team, just scrap the rest of them fuus, Shotime isn't as bad but they are still pretty bad when it comes to prospects not putting their opposition away, like its something to be ashamed of to dominate your opponent for a whole fight and not knock him out....Even bring back George foreman.

You can see why Mayweather blew up on HBO and bounced, no surprise that it was his last fight on HBO too...The Cotto fight was on Shotime right?

R.I.P Emanuel steward

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 27 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 27 2014, 02:15 AM) *
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking like this. I think incredibly highly of UFC analysts, they never degrade or demean their fighters. How are you gonna sit there and shit on the product your company is selling its audience? It makes no sense to me.

Exactly

They did the same to Floyd ....HBO don't respect shit....but its like they say controversy. Sells and drama brings ratings

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Jan 27 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #17

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

Mikey should face Gamboa next, that will be a good measure then stay put to get Crawford, Burns followed by TR 140's... everybody needs to pump their brakes with the whole Mikey-Pac in the fall rhetoric

#CrashAndBurn

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jan 27 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i thought he looked good. he is better adept though when guys come at him since he is a counter puncher and is better with his distance that way. still he fought good but i would love to see him headhunt a bit less and get more body work in but if it ain't broke...

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 27 2014, 08:36 PM
Post #19

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Jan 27 2014, 10:58 AM) *
Mikey should face Gamboa next, that will be a good measure then stay put to get Crawford, Burns followed by TR 140's... everybody needs to pump their brakes with the whole Mikey-Pac in the fall rhetoric

#CrashAndBurn

Never put anything past Bob arum.....Mosley jumped from 35 to 47 for odlh. They didn't bank on what happened that night. Be wise for more of the same .....(no I'm not comparing mg to sm) .....but the jump can very much happen

This post has been edited by AZWildCat: Jan 27 2014, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 27 2014, 09:15 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (geovan10 @ Jan 26 2014, 12:02 AM) *
Hes a master boxer, excelent defence. great puncher, and very quick and has a high boxing IQ but I feel like he doesnt throw more than a simple 1 2 at a time. Does anyone else feel like he could work on setting up higher punch combinations?

I thought he did a great job, this is just one fight where he couldn't risk running into something by a crafty guy like Burgos who had already hurt him earlier in the fight, boxing fans need to recognize that boxing isn't about throwing combos all the time, Floyd is winning with 1-2 shots so there's no set amount of how many punches, combos or otherwise that defines whether one is boxing or not.

As long as Mikey keeps winning he will be fine whether it's with 1 punch or 2 at a time.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 11:22 AM