Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oh The Hypocrisy, Rigondeux shines in the end
truth
post Jan 28 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #11

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,835

Its sad because pure boxers are being labeled as boring because they don't block punches with there face rigo dismantles guys put in front of him and gets a bad wrap.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 28 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 27 2014, 10:20 PM) *
Well except checky .....he works for HBO....(sssshhhhhhhh)

Yes he does...motherf*cker covers those California fights all too well in those round by round threads. I'd be inclined to think that he works in one of the trailers during the cards.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 28 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

pure boxers are usually hated on because they take no risks at all when it comes down to it. Or atleast thats Rigo, won't throw a punch unless everything is set up perfectly, and while thats fine, people don't want to wait for that shit, if the dude he was fighting was too scared to let his hands go then he was fighting a punching bag that could move, he should of cut off the ring and stopped him.

+Quote Post
truth
post Jan 28 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #14

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 28 2014, 10:53 AM) *
pure boxers are usually hated on because they take no risks at all when it comes down to it. Or atleast thats Rigo, won't throw a punch unless everything is set up perfectly, and while thats fine, people don't want to wait for that shit, if the dude he was fighting was too scared to let his hands go then he was fighting a punching bag that could move, he should of cut off the ring and stopped him.

your pure boxers aren't respected because people don't appreciate the true art they just want to see rock em stock em robots but if they went for the kill it would make the fights more entertaining

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Jan 28 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

the way Rigo made a very good fighter like Donaire look was definitely impressive in my book, had him pawing at his eye and scared to do anything... then, Mares was life and death with Agbeko, the same fighter who cowered for every minute of every round against Rigo

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 28 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2014, 11:48 AM) *
Yes he does...motherf*cker covers those California fights all too well in those round by round threads. I'd be inclined to think that he works in one of the trailers during the cards.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lmao. I got a knack for details

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 28 2014, 03:36 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (truth @ Jan 28 2014, 05:38 PM) *
your pure boxers aren't respected because people don't appreciate the true art they just want to see rock em stock em robots but if they went for the kill it would make the fights more entertaining

I'll admit for a weakness for rock em sock em robots, some days its all you wanna see, but christ that doesn't mean Rigo has to be that, there are plenty of fighters that fight both offensively and defensively, and when he fights on the defensive constantly and on the back foot it simply mean he doesn't want to fight the front foot because he cant

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 29 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

HBO shows no true objectivity in what they prefer in a fighter. They give an unproven fighter in Lomanchenko more props then Rigondeaux. Whose arguably accomplished just as much or even more as an amateur and whose more experienced as a pro and has fought better comp. At the end of the day it shouldn't matter how he or Ward or Mikey or which ever fighter fights. Its can you do what you do best and beat me at what I do best.

Shouldn't matter at all that Rigondeaux is a defensive minded fighter, that he's a counter puncher. He hasn't been beaten and he's done it doing it the way that best ensures victory. I enjoy a good knockout drag em type of fight too but I'm not close minded and I respect the art of the sport. Hit and don't get hit yet we seeing dumbbell fighters like Manny, Rios, and others get built into warriors

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 30 2014, 06:10 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

We complain that fighters are only one dimensional because they only come forward, but Rigo seems to only counter punch, never really mounting a full attack, kinda one dimensional.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 30 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

aint nothing wrong with being one dimensional if that wins you fights every single time.

edit: rigondeaux will evetually run into a wall style wise, and in that moment he ill adapt and win again, he just has so much ability.

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Jan 30 2014, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 10:16 PM